Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

people keep posting boss vids in games and i want to click on them but i also want to get spooked by boss patterns that i dont understand yet

i want t osee the bosses but same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

as long as they arent dark souls 2 bosses that were all the drat same ill be happy probably

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im still using the blunderbuss because itsb adass

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yeah, and it's good for PC gaming too. I liked the DS3 a lot and the DS4 is better in all aspects

i liked the ds3 until i used the ds4 and now it feels so much worse

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i started over after getting like halfway throughbecause i stopped playing for a couple weeks after my job made me miserable, anyways i remembered struggling with health vials for a while but now im up to blood starved beast and have like 75 now, though im sure i'll go through them all once i get to a boss i cant beat

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

At a certain point it becomes completely trivial to get enough souls to max out your vials and bullets, but still requiring trips back and forth to the dream. so it makes me wish they had gone the dark souls route and made it simply replenish per lantern

i havent even been buying any theyve just been building up because i know how to play the gamen ow

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

hows the whip, i summoned some japanese dude who terrorized the blood starved beast with it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Whip is good, it's what I used for most of my first character before switching to Ludwigs about 1/2 through

i used the axe on my first character but i got tired of it because it was too good and samey. its like the claymore from dark souls

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

whip is good to mix things up because the damage output is never going to let you brute force enemies. it makes you kinda toe the line of their range all the time and try to just hit them at the edge of your hit box. it's fun and mobile

cool, maybe i;ll check it out once im swimming in the twin shards, ive been using saw cleaver and its been pretty fun

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the nightmare is ognna give me an aneurysm

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got summoned for shadows of yharnam and the dude was evidently on ng+ or ng++ or something because they had a lot of health and i got like 50-60k souls when they died

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

bloods, sorry

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

yea they have like 50k health in ng+

the health didnt quite jump out at me, but considering i was summoned and got that many souls at once shocked the hell out of me

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the final(?) boss in this is badass, he's so quick its like straight up character action game poo poo

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i beat it but i didnt eat the umbilical cords and dont feel like starting over again just yet, so now im playing dark souls 2 sine i never beat it, maybe i'll grab the dlc if i think it'll keep its hold on me

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

its hosed up that Bloodborne will be remembered as the second best game of the year, behind metal gear solid V, forever.

true

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i guess i should spoil this since that new guy just showed up, but RE: the real last boss

i had the gehrman betrayal spoiled or me because my phone has google now (where it sees what you're searching for and provides automatic news stories about it) and one of them was some clickbait video game site with "BLOODBORNE: AMAZING SECRET LAST BOSS FIGHT" and a picture of gehrman

anyway, he's a lot harder than any other boss i've faced so far, mostly because i don't ever bother to parry. once i tried a run where i parried him it went a lot quicker, but his phase two is still hard for me. i've only tried it 5 or 6 times so far, though. i may upgrade a quicker, less ammo intensive gun, and try it with that.

its really badass because its more like a fight from an action game than a "souls" game, i wish there wer emore hunter bossfights

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I bought the PS4 version of dark souls II last weekend and have yet to play it, but I might dip into that this weekend to see how it is after so many hours of Bloodborne.

i played it directly after beating bloodborne (vanilla at least) and it was absurdly easy because i was playing it like bloodborne and being super aggressive

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I have always played I and II very aggressive so my strats won't change too much, I just wanna see all the remixed stages and poo poo

i remembered having trouble with it before bloodborne, but i was barely dying on any bosses before i got them down, i quit at drangleic castle because witcher 3 had just come out though and i still havent beat it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i wasnt gonna get the new version of ds2 because i already double dipped on the original between the ps3 version and pc version

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

wnjy does that quote have magic cake

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

before starting bloodborne i did a powerstanced rapier + leo ring run of DSII and expansions, which was my first souls character w/out a shield. it took a few hours, but i realized how much a shield handicaps you with that character. then i decided to do a shieldless katana + sorcery run in DS1 as a sort of low rent bloodborne run, and that was incredibly fun. beating O+S was very rewarding. so i guess i was pretty much primed for BB when i got to it, and idk if i would ever use a shield in a souls game again, tbh

yeah i wasnt using a shield at all in ds2

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

stats specifically for i-frames and carry weight infuriate me to no end especially after bloodborne

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

ppl arent summoning cos bsb is the easiest boss in the game by a mile. u dont even need the dodge button to beat him without getting hit since u can just walk under the arm he attacks with. like the adjudicator in demon souls
he and cleric beast kicked my rear end when i first started lol, meanwhile gascoigne gave me no problems at all

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i died like 6 times to the witches of hemwick on my first playthrough lol ;_;

i think i died once but i also helped people kill them a couple times before i ran in

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

The most striking production difference between dark souls II and Bloodborne, besides the design aspects, is how awful DSII sounds in headphones. Everything is super loving tinny and annoying

the sound in bloodborne is insane, i like how some monsters are a bit louder and its discomforting as hell

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

gehrman's music is great last boss music

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the game series known for massive and crazy bosses currently culminates in fighting an old dude in a flower field and it owns

hes imposing and scary as gently caress though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like the witcher, though in combat i wish geralt was a little more fluid at times

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

he's Kojima level talented but he makes a game every year in a half instead of every half decade. it's insane

hes insane, apparnetly dark souls 3 is gonna be announced with him at the helm but im not sure how that'll work since bloodborne just came out a couple months ago

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Is this your first souls game? Because playing demons woke me up fully, as a gamer, and now I only play Nintendo, souls and metal gear games, and am a much happier person.

also this happened to me, except it was dark souls, and the only games ive beat over the past year or so are souls metal gear and like four different action games. and ace attorney

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ive never beat or even got very far in demons, i even have a chinese copy from before it got released in the west

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i sohuld do that now but my ps3 controllers are busted, i think ps4 controllers work on it though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

how far did you get ?

not really very far at all

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

the more i play bloodborne the more i can tell they had to rush to get it released. for example if you position the camera to look inside of Eileen's like, model, she doesnt have a face ... but everyone in Dark Souls has a face. theres also like a million half finished buildings and graphic errors everywhere. like literalyl hundreds of them. there wasnt any of that in dark souls except for the floating door in duke's archives. i think sony pressured them to release it quickly

its nothing as egregious as dark souls 1 was thankfully

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Mergo is the only boss I never died on. She's never very aggressive and she doesn't really hit much harder than other bosses despite the fact that you have more stats invested in a normal playthrough so you can easily absorb the damage, and you also have +10 weapon likely so you can destroy her.

I think I'm gonna try to finish my blades f mercy run this week, and maybe get around to finishing th platinum bc then the only trophy left will be the chalice dungeon boss

she killed me once because she popped her shadow move

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

when you blocked a heavy hit in ds1 it used to lift you off your feet and send you skidding back... cool..

didnt it make you flip

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i thought it was supposed to be a miyazaki game, with such a short timeframe im not surprised it isnt though, maybe the b team learned something and dark souls 3 will be badass though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

frank.club posted:

Father G is kicking my rear end

drat you tore through this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

oh wait never mind, i got confused