Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Brocktoon posted:

Hard Drive and Wing Man is up there among the hardest I've ever laughed at this show, especially with the Harmontown reference. I'm hoping the insanity level stays this high.

Did anyone else notice the picture of Harmon in the speakeasy with "DO NOT SERVE THIS MAN"?

Oh is that who it was? I paused it for a few minutes trying to figure out who it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Paintball episode is just going to be a team building exercise where they go to the local range and play paintball.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Frankie is a great addition.

Elroy should've Winger'd that candy price speech. I don't find him believable as an oblivious old guy.

I'm sure the season is ramping up to a campus-wide revolt against the study group (Leonard, Garret, Vicki, etc) . I'd be okay with an "against impossible odds" Aliens/300/Zulu/Blackhawk Down/Fury paintball battle.

Frankie is pretty awesome. It seems like they are taking random bits from the main cast and tossing it into her as an amalgam of some sort. She has Jeff's pessimism when talking about hope, and even talks about it in a Winger manner. She has Annie's crazy organization and drive, and even some of Abed's interpersonal skills. So far it seems that Annie has butted heads with her over these traits, so I wonder if other characters will start to have conflict as well.

As for Elroy, I didn't seem him as trying to be oblivious. On screen that was like the first or second time he had even seen or met Annie, so the whole "were you close?" thing actually makes sense. I think the most interesting part of this season will be how they fold those two into the group and what crazy things we discover about them.

Also, there was already an anti-study group episode, I prefer the background jokes to a full on episode let alone a season arc.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I don't know if it's even possible to bring Chang back after season 3. He went full-on cartoon character psychopath. Everything since then seems like awkward dancing around that elephant in the room.

Then again, I missed season 5. Did they satisfactorily address it in season 5?

He has Changnesia.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Patrovsky posted:

Given that the book was next to a bunch of meds, I thought it was a hint that she might have trouble sleeping, hence a super-long, boring book.

Well, she only rests half her brain at once, so maybe she needs a couple reads to let it all sink in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

Oh, it's coming.

Shes older now, so its ok to sexualize her.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh poo poo, Dan Harmon is on @midnight tonight.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

Dan Harmon on @midnight was hilarious. The clown penis line of jokers really could have gone for an hour and it would have been quality programming.

OTOH: one of the speed games was "cancelled show pitches" where you had to name a show that was doomed to be cancelled. One of his jokes was, "probably Community... again." Needed a sad trombone sound effect.

"It's like Community, but people watch it!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anyone elae disappointed they went with voiced by Diedrich Bater? Kevin Conroy will always be the coice of Batman to me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think one of the best jokes was Dean and Jeff having their silent side conversation after Frankie hints she may be a lesbian.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tellah posted:

The part that got me the most was Annie and Jeff griping about their age and their obligations to normative social roles, followed shortly by Annie saying "I'm in my 20's, who cares?"

Allison Brie is 32.

Do yourself a favor and never look at the age of the actors playing high schoolers in any tv show or movie ever made.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The real question is if its the bad kind of good or the good kind of bad?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

I thought you'd completely made up this episode until I searched for it, they changed the name to Basic Rocket Science.

Wait, what? Why?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

Didn't he? I thought he slept with her, then everyone pointed out how it makes him look worse than the kid.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

Kraskinski, Brie, Arnett and Hathaway have definitely been the most entertaining of the results.

Emma Stone absolutely killed it on the Tonight Show, would love to see her have a whole show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spacebump posted:

RIP Yahoo Screen.

Naw, they still have those two NFL games to screw up in spectacular fashion.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shneak posted:

gently caress, everyone related to this show is bad at communicating with each other. Yahoo spoke out against what Joel said and stated their in negotiations. Community manages to get cancelled every season but will apparently resuscitate equally as much.

If anything, that's a negotiation tactic on that part of Joel and the cast. If Yahoo really wants a season 7, they are going to have to pay up. I honestly think the biggest hurdle would be getting Dan Harmon to write it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jim Rash and Ken Jeong will still be in things. At least Rash also has some writing cred. Brie can make the jump to movies. Jacob will have roles on TV for a while I imagine. Sadly Danny Pudi is the only guy I don't see having a regular gig somewhere else.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I really don't think Allison Brie has much to worry about in the long term. 110 episode of Community, 38 episodes of Mad Men, and ongoing main character in BoJack Horseman will likely pay the bills for a long time to come.

She has a Trainwreck style rom com with Jason Sudeikis and lots of other people coming out soon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This Sunday the NFL game in London will be streamed exclusively on Yahoo. Can't wait for that debacle.

• Locked thread