Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

TequilaJesus posted:

They released a Season 1 soundtrack and it's great. Includes isolated, full-length (or full-ish) songs like the rap about sleeping in night caps. Really wish they'd continued and released some more.

OMG don't tell me there's a full-length version of "Pocket Full of Hawthornes"? Mamma mia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably not because that was like two seasons later.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I love lists :spergin:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6bx1CtYYU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Always meant to post this: While I'm sure this song draws on several sources, at least one recognizable influence is "Passion" by Rod Stewart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbWj12YiFRs

Particularly the last part, from 4:20 on.

Fun Fact: The US president at the time of the song's writing and release was Jimmy Carter, who had scandalized the nation during the '76 election by admitting to having "lust in [his] heart" in a Playboy interview. :monocle:

pwn fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 7, 2015

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Punch Card posted:

Keith David, holy gently caress.

Edit: Matt Gourley in the tag! This is my favorite thing ever!

I was away camping for a week, so I just caught up with the wedding episode - spectacular. And, of course, the AVClub didn't like it and missed the end tag joke to a hilarious degree:

quote:

Briggs Hatton seems like a nice enough guy, but I did not enjoy that tag. Apparently all the writers get to star in a tag if they want to.

"Ohhh, I am sufferings..." -H.R. "Hey, Really!" Giger.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
We definitely don't have to worry about a lack of future Community support coming from Yahoo, but it sounds like we're gonna be in for a wait.

quote:

“I told Yahoo, ‘I can’t think about writing a movie until I miss Community,’” said Harmon when asked about the possibility of seventh season or a destiny-fulfilling movie. “They wanted to turn around and do a movie immediately, and Yahoo can get it done. They’re like the NSA.” Of course, with cast members moving on to other projects, “the difficulty is in just: Can you get all the actors in the same place again?” he said.

I'm almost 100% sure it'll happen, Harmon goes through burnout periods in everything he does before getting an itch to go back and do more. We just need to let things settle for a while and let him get stinky and burned out on Minecraft before he comes up from the bottom again. At the very least, it's reassuring that the moment Harmon starts to write a script, he'll have full backing and support. And with them being willing to wait, the likelihood of finding a time for everyone he needs to come back are way higher. We already know that McHale, Rash, and Jeong have said they never want to stop doing it, so it's just a matter of working things out with everyone else.

There's a lot more to the interview, but the only other choice quote was in the article. He talks about how great Yahoo was to him.

quote:

Harmon sounded more than pleased when discussing the community college comedy’s move from NBC to the streaming service this season: “Yahoo was so supportive that I completely self-destructed in season 6. I mean, I had no bad guys left. Yahoo was like Daddy Warbucks just picking Annie up at the orphanage, except in my version, Annie just like starts saying, “Maybe the sun won’t come out tomorrow,” and starts taking Ritalin in her office.”

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Space_Butler posted:

There's a lot more to the interview
I'd love to read it. A link, please?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

El Tortuga posted:

Instead, let's talk about the tragic lack Keith David in the finale, the only real con of the episode.

Completely agreed. I get why he wasn't in it much, and his absence moved the story to where it had to go, but after an entire season of him and Paget Brewster being bizarrely great additions to a show in its sixth season, his limited screen time in the finale kind of sucked. I sincerely hope the #andamovie or a seventh season or any continuation has Brewster and David.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Nichael posted:

Completely agreed. I get why he wasn't in it much, and his absence moved the story to where it had to go, but after an entire season of him and Paget Brewster being bizarrely great additions to a show in its sixth season, his limited screen time in the finale kind of sucked. I sincerely hope the #andamovie or a seventh season or any continuation has Brewster and David.

Agreed 100%. I especially need my Paget fix, since "Thrilling Adventure Hour" is ending.:smith:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Also bring Buzz Hickey and Professor Duncan back. They both need a proper visit/sendoff.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I look forward to season 7 of Community where Jeff, Chang, the Dean, and Leonard save Greendale once a week. The show that began as the most meta thing on TV deserves to end as the most needlessly prolonged thing on streaming services.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

I'd love to read it. A link, please?

Whoops!

It's in an audio interview embedded within this.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/06/dan-harmon-community-movie

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'd be happy with a movie that gathers most of the cast in some way. A weird, experimental send off. I hope they go wild with it.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

So my wife was watching CSI and I noticed Jim Rash was in an episode. Not a big deal since a lot of people have bit parts on that show. Next thing I know Keith David shows up too in the same episode, in 2003. I know actors are in other stuff but it struck me funny that they were both in the same old episode and then ended up working together again in a comedy on Yahoo!

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
The part that got me the most was Annie and Jeff griping about their age and their obligations to normative social roles, followed shortly by Annie saying "I'm in my 20's, who cares?"

Allison Brie is 32.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Does anyone else find it funny that Jim Rash is the guy's real name? It sounds a little like a joke stage name.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tellah posted:

The part that got me the most was Annie and Jeff griping about their age and their obligations to normative social roles, followed shortly by Annie saying "I'm in my 20's, who cares?"

Allison Brie is 32.

Do yourself a favor and never look at the age of the actors playing high schoolers in any tv show or movie ever made.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

That was a great finale. I've mostly liked the jeff/annie stuff they've done through the years. I've never shipped it, because it's always seemed too weird and unhealthy but that's also why I liked it. Most sitcoms show a very narrow view of relationships while Annie and Jeff was complicated and messy in a way that felt quite real.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
When people say things like "I'm shipping Jeff and Annie" or "I've never shipped them" what does that mean?

I see it all over TV forums and its sometimes weird like "I ship Hannibal and Will" so I'm guessing something sexual because internet but what

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

"Shipping" means to like the idea of fictional characters getting into or being in a relationship, whereas "not shipping" means you're indifferent to the idea or don't like it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I was okay with the Jeff and Annie stuff because it was a pretty realistic depiction of two emotionally screwed people who would never work (and they never do) pining after each other for unhealthy reasons, but still had an underlying sweetness that showed they still genuinely cared for each other as people. Not groundbreaking, but a more poorly written show would have shoved them together somehow.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

therobotking posted:

When people say things like "I'm shipping Jeff and Annie" or "I've never shipped them" what does that mean?

I see it all over TV forums and its sometimes weird like "I ship Hannibal and Will" so I'm guessing something sexual because internet but what

it's a dumb bad thing you should never ever pay attention to

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

midnightclimax posted:

OMG don't tell me there's a full-length version of "Pocket Full of Hawthornes"? Mamma mia!

https://youtu.be/VJxHa8J9Y-0

Next best thing.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I wish I could've managed to be on the Internet this long and not known what "shipping" means.

My idea of a perfect life would be being able to say "Deviantart? What's that?"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HD DAD posted:

As much as we like to hate on Season 4, and it is undeniably of lower average quality than the rest, these ones I still find to be "good episodes of Community".

Paranormal Parentage
Alternative History of the German Invasion
Cooperative Escapism
Advanced Documentary Filmmaking
Herstory of Dance
Intro to Knots
Basic Human Anatomy

The rest are at worst on par with an average episode of HIMYM.

:barf:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Thank you. You can tell a goon is bad at math and english when he describes something of "lower average quality" as "good." Well, is it lower average or good? Then he lists a majority of the episodes of the season as being "good." So, how can a majority of the episodes be "good" if they're "lower average quality"? Does that guy have any idea what he's talking about? Do words have meaning to him?

edit: in case I'm being a little esoteric, let me illustrate

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 7, 2015

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People aren't allowed to enjoy things I don't like.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Like tears in the rain, Irish Joe.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Hahahahahahaha he made a chart. I think Irish Joe is probably the biggest fan of the show here

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

swickles posted:

Do yourself a favor and never look at the age of the actors playing high schoolers in any tv show or movie ever made.

No poo poo.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

People aren't allowed to enjoy things I don't like.

This isn't true though?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
"Lower average" for Community is still pretty fuckin' good for a sitcom.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Oh my god, you really made a chart. I cannot believe this. You have to be the saddest poster on SA by far. I cannot even make fun of you anymore. The fact that someone posted that episodes of a television show that you don't even enjoy were both "lower-average" and "good" worked you up so much you had to make a chart to illustrate your point makes me feel really, really sad for you that you don't seem to have anything else going on in your life. Go outside, dude, it's summer.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

No, don't! Post more stuff. It's all great and you are the best of us.

I love you.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Last Chance posted:

This isn't true though?

Isn't it?

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I love that he made a chart to illustrate his very basic point. It's funny, not sad.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Metropolis posted:

I love that he made a chart to illustrate his very basic point. It's funny, not sad.

My wife is about to have a kid any day now, so I think my paternal-caregiver-instincts are going a little crazy right now, hence why I pity him. Not that I wanna be Irish Joe's dad or nothing. When you're under my roof you'll watch Community and you'll like it!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Thank you. You can tell a goon is bad at math and english when he describes something of "lower average quality" as "good." Well, is it lower average or good? Then he lists a majority of the episodes of the season as being "good." So, how can a majority of the episodes be "good" if they're "lower average quality"? Does that guy have any idea what he's talking about? Do words have meaning to him?

You are my hero, Irish Joe. I don't always agree with you but you fight the good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Irish Joe posted:

"So which is it Community? Is it good, or bad? Vote Big Bang Theory."

Paid for by Shut-ins.

• Locked thread