Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Broad City's real good fuckers watch it.
Yes.

XboxPants posted:

Garfunkel and Oates pretty good too, if we're on the topic.
Absolutely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I rewatched Season 6 and it was even better than I remembered. So many great moments. Frankie steals every scene she's in. Ladders is one of my favorite Community episodes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, aside from an eventual movie, Community is over. What else are we going to talk about?
How Frankie saved the show. Someone has to make the decision, and that person is me. That's my decision.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, at this stage, I just sorta assume that Community is part of the MCU.
Hawkeye's an alum.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Tried to post this the other day but was probated for calling a guy with extensive power rangers knowledge autistic
Haha, the autistic Power Rangers guy owned you so hard you're still whining about it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

prefect posted:

Because it's got the Koogler in it. :cool:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I remember being surprised that he still ended season 6 with the #AndAMovie stinger considering how obviously he was sick of it all by then.
Season 6 doesn't seem like a show made by someone who hates it. It's just a show that knows it's over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It should be about Troy's funeral.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Twin Peaks spinoff starring Annie.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Danny Pudi would make a good Moss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Glow is very good, though sometimes it seems like Alison Brie's struggling to break through that Annie Edison mold.
Really? The characters are super different to me. Also she's on Bojack. Seems like she's doing fine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

This disappeared far too quickly, and by the end of Season Three we were just watching people be nasty to each other and the people around them. I'm glad we got the amount of Community we did, but at the time is felt exhausting to experience it weekly.
Counterpoint: Season 6

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd rank it 2 1 3 6 5 4, which I think all smart adults (Ricks) would agree with.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Swap 6 and 3
I've honestly gone back and forth on which I like more.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I wish Paget Brewster and Keith David had been on the show from the beginning instead of Yvette Nicole Brown and Chevy Chase.
Brown and Chase were both great, the writers just didn't know what to do with their characters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

Season 1 Chevy was the funniest character on the show.
Pierce was good through Season 2 and mostly good in 3, but I get why Chase left after season 4.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

Sorry but this will always be peak Community imo: https://youtu.be/pxauTJpY-hg

Hardest I've ever laughed at a TV show
It's an amazing scene. The biggest laugh Community got from me was the Human Being reveal in Season 1.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Android Blues posted:

The place my mind always goes for biggest laugh is the Winger speech montage in Paradigms of Human Memory. "El corazon del agua es verdad / That water - is a lie!" and "It's a locomotive - that runs on US." combined with the swelling music just get me every time. They're just these hilariously elaborate three second shots that perfectly sum up Jeff's total sophistry.
God it's such a good show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I've been rewatching it recently and I definitely let my negative opinions on Harmon cloud my memory. It's such a good show.
It has the same ups and downs as most good sitcoms. I think people expect a level of continuous quality you're never going to get from a sitcom. Even the best ones have their off-days. Season 4 is... unfortunate, but otherwise it's never terrible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Normal person: Wow, a Community movie, that sounds good. I would watch it.

Me: Where the gently caress is my Frankie Dart spinoff series?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I want Netflix to do an episode of Steven Weber and Yvette Nicole Brown's spin-off.
I just want more of her in anything.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

An episode where Pierce comes back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zip! Zop! Zooey!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Season 1/2 Pierce when he was a good and well written character.
Season 3 Pierce is mostly fine, the writers just leaned on him as a villain too much.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's my movie pitch: Ten years after the end of the show, Annie has gone missing during a CIA mission in Iran. Only the study group can sneak in, using Troy's boat, and rescue her. Britta shoots the Ayatollah by accident. Shirley feels uncomfortable. Jeff exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The study group meet again at Chang's legit gay wedding to Duncan. The Dean wins a karaoke contest at the reception, driving Jeff to competitive jealousy.

• Locked thread