Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

Did you have similar issues with the pillows & blankets civil war parody?

Out of an entire joke post you take exception to this part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Missed opportunity- they were playing generic Trouble rather than Clue.

They couldn't get the rights.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enjoying the new season so far. I think cutting the cast down has been a blessing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

No, the point was that everybody abusing Jerry was completely wrong because he had mastered life and happiness.

He never got to retire and read his mystery novels with a box of cigars though. I guess being mayor for life because he was so loved by everyone but his coworkers is a little redemption though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Karate Kid was the Top Gun for skinny white kids trying to learn martial arts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It amazes me that those two kid actors delivered police/criminal lines better than the entire cast of Gotham.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Metropolis posted:

My memory is highly fuzzy, but I think it was implied he was going to move to England with John Oliver's character because they discovered they were related? Like, Professor John Oliver told a story describing someone he is related to (Mother? Aunt?) and Hickey had a relationship with that person. I think they left it ambiguous on purpose 'cause they didn't know if and when they'd get a new season at the time.

And now he's dead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can I ask a serious question?....Is Billy Zane really bald now?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pnumoman posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I actually did not recognize Billy Zane until just now, and I watched the episode on Tuesday. I just figured you goons were talking about some inside joke I'll look up later, but now I realize that actually was Billy Zane.

The Phantom himself!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The commercial joke was done perfectly once in Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes and has never been done correctly since.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

superjew posted:

Does anyone recognize the tap handles in the bar?

If someone gets a screen shot I can take a stab at it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

I did some googling and it appears that Red Wolf is a brand of beer.

Product placement has gone too far!!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Looked like the Dean when he was on the stairwell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dave Angel posted:

Frankie 1
Annie 2
Britta 3

Ha, yeah.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They should have Jeff and Frankie get married. Finish off that thread from season one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Insects have wings!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's no way they're gonna be able to top that one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pretty sure is gonna suck to avoid breaking Community finale presidence.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sefer posted:

Are people interpreting her line about getting Annie away from Jeff as Frankie being into Jeff, or was there something I missed? Because I interpreted that as "Annie's relationship with Jeff is codependent and bad for her, she needs to get away from him."

Yeah, that's what I was getting from it too.

Or

Now that's how you interpret a scene!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The half empty bottle of vodka in front of him was funny as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How can elementary schools have senior trips? Screw those little shits. History and culture are lost on the young. Sending them to a park and then to a McDonalds would give them just as much culture as they'd get anywhere else.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

I don't ge tthis joke.

Its playing off of an old joke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SwissCM posted:

Yeah honestly I've been enjoying this season. It's moved away from a more traditional sitcom into a weird experimental thing that is tonally more in line with Rick and Morty than anything else. Cynical, aware of itself but still has a heart to it.

I think most of the heart has come from the tags. Agree with it being a good season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked it. Good end to the season and possibly the entire show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

He already did.

Just how many Toxx's does Joe have out there now? I know he has one for the Winds of Winter being released before either next season or the end of the show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I have to agree. It wasn't that heartfelt or tear-jerking. I'm starting to think that people just say they teared up when in fact they just liked the episode. Either that or people cry at the drop of a hat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

I love how whenever we see Ladders the students are so loving pumped to be there.

Its just a great class. Did you know that ladders were used to build nearly all tall things? Really makes you think.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I agree with Irish Joe. People get way too involed with TV shows and the comparison to gamers (or just fandoms in general) I think is pretty accurate. Then again I did enjoy this season for the most part. Not earth shattering or hilarious, but good enough for me to not feel I wasted 30 minutes of my life each time. :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mastajake posted:

The Halloween episode was the first one I saw, but I didn't get hooked until I watched the dead poets society one. "This is no way to teach accounting!" Is still one of my favorite lines of the series.

"I'll have a birthday cake!" is my go to stall tactic when I'm not ready to order at a restaurant/fast food place.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Community Season 6: Scrubs Sucked

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

"Sorry that your sex sucked" -forums poster pick, to a person who admitted to being statutory raped

Ha! I think that's funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beeez posted:

You know what, by that same token I would put my dick on a sleeping Hitler's lips.

That's sexual assault brother. Even Hitler has rights. Now, if you were to wake him up, scream "I call no gay!", then shove your penis into his mouth. Well, that would just be a good old fashioned prank.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I talked to an Allison and she agrees that it's creepy. Now, its not Allison Brie and just my friend Allison, but so far thats a 1 for 1 of confirmed Allisons not approving of watching them sleep or comments of the like.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

prefect posted:

Did your Allison have the correct number of "l"s in her name, though?

Is that a "I" or a "l"? If it's a "l" then yes, if its a "I" then I've never see it spelled with more or less before.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fog Tripper posted:

I asked Brie and it agreed that there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever. In fact, Brie compelled me to put it in the oven and then dip crackers into it, with wedges of apples and grapes. Brie is delish.

Well there we have it then. We must half watch Alison Brie sleep and then dunk wedges of apples and grapes into her.

Whew, finally we have a non-creepy way to say we enjoy her acting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

The cast that mostly abandoned the show over the last three years?

I get why Joel McHale wants Community to stick around--he's 43 and not handsome enough to be a movie star--but everybody else is probably just glad that its finally over.

I honestly don't see any of these actors getting big movie/TV series careers. Maybe Alison Brie will do OK, but I think everyone else will just kind of fizzle out or get small roles in stuff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MikeJF posted:

See also: Red Dwarf US pilot.

Red Dwarf sucked. Just absolutely nothing landed for me. Everyone always talks about how good it is, but I just don't see it. Guess its not my thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just watch Police Squad! episodes over and over again. Or Sledge Hammer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

Oh, okay, it's BBT now? We need a shorthand for the Big Bang Theory. That's how fundamental it is.

Well it is an Emmy winning smash hit comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-h-oxNf8U

Best scene, best Pierce.

• Locked thread