Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
The video footage of the incident is pretty gruesome. You see him laying there unconscious while caught up in the ropes and they continue with the show like nothing happened for what seems like forever.

If this had happened in the WWE, would they have immediately stopped the match? How would they even play that off?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

holy poo poo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Muttonchips posted:

The video footage of the incident is pretty gruesome. You see him laying there unconscious while caught up in the ropes and they continue with the show like nothing happened for what seems like forever.

If this had happened in the WWE, would they have immediately stopped the match? How would they even play that off?

Atc least 2 different wrestlers in the match check him as does Konnan outside the ring. Rey even looks at the referee who doesn't seem to know what to do and they continue the match including doing the 619 spot again over his body as it lays on the apron.

WWE would have instantly stopped the match if this happened. Mexico, and basically any other promotion, doesn't have medical teams like WWE does that jump at the slightest cut.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just saw the news on this (and accidentally posted it in the wwe thread.) Crazy how a set up that's been used forever can spontaneously do something so unbelievable.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Muttonchips posted:

They would have immediately cut to the crowd, blackened the lights, carried him out, and started the next match.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Muttonchips posted:

Rey keeps glancing over its obvious he knew something was wrong, however the guys on ringside seems loving clueless.

Its always easy to look into something after its happened and say "this is what I would have done" but basic first aid states if someone is unconsious, non responsive and not breathing you start loving CPR they just shook him a couple of times and sorta left him till the end of the match.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
This was an Indy show and not a AAA one if I'm not mistaken.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rodney the Piper posted:

This was an Indy show and not a AAA one if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I think that's what cubsfan said. Rey was probably working it since it was in his area.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Made a thread for this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Atc least 2 different wrestlers in the match check him as does Konnan outside the ring. Rey even looks at the referee who doesn't seem to know what to do and they continue the match including doing the 619 spot again over his body as it lays on the apron.

WWE would have instantly stopped the match if this happened. Mexico, and basically any other promotion, doesn't have medical teams like WWE does that jump at the slightest cut.

pretty sure the Box Y Lucha Commission requires medical personnel on site at all shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

Yeah, I think that's what cubsfan said. Rey was probably working it since it was in his area.

drat DJ Ran's cold heart.

• Locked thread