Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Do you know what will happen to current subscribers when the F2P update comes through? I was just about to re-join (I was a subscriber since beta for quite some time before quitting), but now I wonder if I should wait? I love the idea of bonuses to crafting and leveling, though, so I'd probably be a subscriber even when it's F2P.

Thanks for making this post, by the way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Scyantific posted:

Current subscribers will have their subscriptions automatically converted to ESO Plus subs. If you're on a recurring plan, there's no need to do anything. If you were on a pre-paid subscription (such as a 60-day plan) whatever time you have remaining will be converted to ESO Plus sub time.

Awesome, thanks :)

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Mormon Star Wars posted:

What classes are good for having great survivability w/ room for making mistakes? I'm open to Stamina or Magicka builds. I was thinking of going Sorcerer because I'm a big fan of pet classes, but their only class heal being reliant on high crit makes me nervous.

I've found staff-wielding light-armor Dragon Knight to be surprisingly survivable - more so than heavy-armor Sorcerer (my first character that I'm now only using for crafting as I hit a wall w/r/t survivability haha).

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Scyantific posted:

Counterpoint: CODA :colbert:

Counter-counterpoint: CHIM :c00lbutt:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Berke Negri posted:

Mudcrab and gaudy rear end colors.

This.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Scyantific posted:

Is this gaudy enough to be worn proudly as our Goon tabbard?

This is beautiful; all of my characters will be wearing it tonight :circlefap:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Mr Scumbag posted:

I feel like we're playing different games. The combat feels just a little less clunky than Morrowind, which was released almost 13 years ago. I started as a Nightblade because I love stealthy and rogue kinds of gameplay but switched to the magic class because it's the least clunky way to fight. Well, it's still clunky, but it's better than hitting your opponent with heavy attacks and not even seeing him flinch.

It's really frustrating since I like every other aspect of the game a lot, but that main gameplay portion feels so bland and dated it negates all of the other stuff they've managed to pull off pretty well. It's so drat disheartening, since we have all of the technology and talent it would require to make a really engaging MMO with great, satisfying, realtime combat but for some reason we still get this clunky, unsatisfying grindy gameplay.

Wow I couldn't disagree more. I think you should be comparing the combat to other MMO-types rather than to single-player games, since this is an MMO above all else. ESO has the most fun combat I've seen in a traditional MMO - I'm totally addicted (again).

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
I have a tip too! If you want to farm provisioning mats without consequences, go to Cold Harbor! The justice system isn't implemented there yet, so not only can you clean out all of the containers, you can also access services even if you're KoS to everyone else! :D

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Bob NewSCART posted:

So the servers are up and all the xp buffs are in? Sweetness. Is this gonna be a noticeable increase in leveling speed?

It feels a bit faster to me, but I'm playing on a new character so it might be different with a vet-level dude (I ran up a big bounty on my vr main so I haven't played him much :v: )

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Berke Negri posted:

New VR level, new armor.

old:

new:

5/5 with the Seducer set for the 8% magicka cost reduction and then 4/5 of the Death's Wind set when sword and shield are equipped because I can't craft anything more interesting yet.

Which style is your first set of armor? It looks fantastic and I am jealous :q:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
If you're starting out in crafting and need a trait, mail me @gwafimore - I have almost every trait except for Nirnhoned (gently caress that poo poo, seriously) and I'd be happy to make something for a goon in need :)

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

So how active is Ebonheart in terms of Goon Guild? I've been eyeing this game for a bit now and given the lack of subscription am considering giving this game a try.

I don't know how many of us are actually on EP (I'm on DC atm) but the EP guild seems to be the most active.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Berke Negri posted:

Even though a glass armor motif is on the way, I found a cheap ancient elf motif book today and it looks very much like glass armor itself:

edit:

can kind of pull off a morrowind glass armor look too

Oh man, that looks fantastic!! How much was the "cheap" motif? I haven't looked at buying motifs in months :v:

Has anyone heard anything about upcoming crown store items? I want to change my looks :allears:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Monohydrate posted:

In true Goon fashion, I got my first warning for harassment yesterday:

If a pubbie reports you, GM's will actually go through your guild chatlogs to see what you're up to.

From now on, any instances to grief will go under codename "Guys come RP at x, it's really good here!" or something.

Ahahaha awww!! That means that they know the rest of us were cheering you on :ohdear:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
First is my dude in Goon Gear:

And here he is in my glass armor-like new stuff:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

:siren::circlefap::siren:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Here are the patch notes:

quote:

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.6 is an incremental patch that fixes a number of issues including some Templar abilities, quests, long loading screens, and more. Also remember that the Senche-Leopard will be removed from the Crown Store after the maintenance for this patch. The total size for this patch is approximately 225MB.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Combat & Gameplay
General
Fixed an issue that was resulting in groups not having a designated group leader. If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know!

Templar
Aedric Spear
Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.
Dawn’s Wrath
Eclipse: Fixed an issue where this ability would trigger your global cooldowns every time it reflected another ability.

Guild
Undaunted
Bone Shield
Fixed an issue where the damage shield from this ability was only absorbing 3% of the damage done.
Fixed an issue where recasting this ability would not refresh the damage shield value.
Fixed an issue where some ranks of this ability were absorbing all types of damage, rather than just physical damage.

Champion System
Fixed an issue where some player characters were unable to gain Enlightenment.
You will now receive a full Enlightenment pool (equal to 12 days of Enlightenment) when first unlocking the Champion System on your account.

Monsters
Ice Wraith
Shard Burst no longer causes the Ice Wraith to become untargetable if it leashes while casting, specifically affecting Duriatundur in Coldharbour.

Crafting & Economy
General
Reduced the monetary value of stolen armor and weapons to approximately one third of the original value.

Crown Store
General
When you read "Crown Racial Motifs 4: The Nords" but you already know the Nord style, you will now receive an error message telling you as much.

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons
Elden Hollow
Oraneth's Necrotic Circle will no longer permanently get stuck on you if you crash during the battle with Oraneth.

Veteran Dungeons
Veteran Fungal Grotto
The Shadow Bolt cast by the Spawn of Mephala will no longer continue to travel after you dodge the projectile.
The Watcher’s Daedric Destruction now correctly damages you if you stand anywhere within the telegraph when it explodes.

Exploration & Itemization
General
Due to extensive pillaging, many containers in Mzeneldt (the Dwemer ruins from the Fighters Guild questline) and Avanchnzel (the Dwemer delve located in the Rift) have been ransacked, causing many of them to be emptier than before. We are looking at increasing the number of interactable objects in other Dwemer locations in the future.

Miscellaneous
General
Fixed an issue where you could get blocked on a loading screen.

Quests & Zones
Auridon
Lifting the Veil: Fixed an issue where you would have to relog to get the disguise to appear once you were transported to the Veiled Heritance island.

Deshaan
Mechanical Murder: Fixed an issue where Lieutenant Silen could be unintentionally killed.

Main Quest
Shadow of Sancre Tor: Fixed an issue where you could not consecrate the Dragonguard Shrine.

Shadowfen
Trail of the Skin Stealer: Fixed an issue where you could block Nedrasa from spawning for other player characters.

They nerfed my ledgermain scheme :argh:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Monohydrate posted:

They nerfed ledgermain loot right as I roll a hilariously tiny woodelf sneakthief. :(

You said you'd post a screenshot of your backpack elf :colbert:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

DanoTuka posted:

Things like bag upgrades and horses seem obscenely expensive as a new player, I'm assuming you vets are rolling in stacks of gold. Just curious what level of riches you guys are at..

Well, from what I gather I'm poor for someone who's played for as long as I have, and I've got 120k in hand right now.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Monohydrate posted:

Backpack Elf is here! eSporks has a video of me dancing next to a big Nord he rolled to compare sizes, too haha. The sense of scale you get while running around with him is ridiculous, everything looks huge.

Ahahaha that's amazing! I wonder if your detection radius is smaller than that of a bigger character? I'm kind of jealous that I'm not a midget now :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Bob NewSCART posted:

Some guy was talking about which beast race from elder scrolls he'd like to gently caress the most in zone chat which incited a good 10 more people chiming in and engaging in a conversation about how much they want to gently caress argonians and khajiits.

Personally I get all hot and bothered over the Sload. Did anyone want to bone a Sload? Sload.

• Locked thread