Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Is there a consensus on what faction will be most populated as far as the goon guilds. I am in the Deconstruct guild but got removed from the main guild from inactivity. Have characters on all factions but would probably focus on one that has more goon activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is nightblade good for up in your face or should I roll something like the dragon knight or templar if I wanna gently caress poo poo up in melee?

Really any class can be anything, you can be a melee focused nightblade that tanks or you can be a ranged nightblade that sneaks around and shoots from the shadows. Or you can make a mage type character with nightblade or any of the other classes.

Some classes are somewhat better at certain roles but so much of the build viability comes from weapons/armor that are available regardless of class so you can pretty much make whatever you want.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is cool as gently caress. I am completely and utterly lost and have no idea what's going on. I saved a king from being murdered, I found a tower full of bandits and killed them and stole their poo poo. I almost died to a Limbscather or something.

It's nice playing an MMO and being lost and confused for the first time in years and actually having to look around and pay attention.

I started on Daggerfall due to friends but I'll probably make a character on Ebonheart later too, since I want to try all the classes.

Classes aren't restricted by faction, just the races unless you buy the unlock on the store.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Hope they have plans to add more to the store, really outside of the mounts/pets there isn't much worth buying there at the moment.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

@imemnok - can I get an invite to Daggerfall guild, I am in the crafting and Ebonheart already.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Bombogenesis posted:

Reposting for an invite to the EP and DC guilds on @Bombogenesis. Debating which Guar mount to buy because I'm already bored of the Imperial horse.

Tsurupettan posted:

@Tsurupettan still needs an invite to all three of the guilds.

ExCruceLeo posted:

Can @excruceleo grab an invite to EP guild.

Zach the Drifter posted:

Re-created on Ebonheart. @Dekunuts. Looking for an invite

Added you to the Ebonheart guild, can't invite to the others.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Seriously, holy gently caress.

So am I understanding this right: all class abilities use magicka. All melee weapon abilities use stamina. So would my best idea be to roll a kajhiit or a high elf if I wanna be min maxy about my nightblade? Feel free to let me know if the racial bonuses are completely worthless, but some of them sound pretty decent even though I don't really have a frame of reference on how much 15% more magicka recovery or max magicka really is.

They changed some of the class skills in the latest patch to use stamina instead of magicka, so its more feasible to go a full stamina build now if you want. The Class racials aren't a huge deal but the extra crit from khajit is nice, High Elf not the best choice if you want to go heavy stamina but its not going to cripple you or anything, they are just more suited to magic based builds.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Looks like they are boosting XP in Cyrodiil.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158755/incoming-cyrodiil-vet-rank-change-and-more#latest

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 18, 2015

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Akunin posted:

May I please have an invite to the Ebonheart guild? @Elsalan

Account not found

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Sorvah posted:

I think I'm going crazy. I can't get the FTC mods to show me the buffs I think I should be getting from ym Solar Flare or Reflective Light abilities. I see screenshots with buffs at the bottom of the frames and everything in the mod is switched on. When I try and move the frame I have a PLayer Buff bar and I see debuffs on targets.

Annoying and weird.

Edit: I've just read some info from the guy saying that the in game API restricts a lot of things to do with buff tracking. That is proper, proper stupid.

I use this one to track my buffs, not sure it does what you are looking for though.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffDebuffTrackerforUpdate6.html

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

Is it just taking forever for the crafting circle jerk bank to load because it's so full, or are people not putting things in it so it's empty?

The Guild Bank UI seems to freeze on load sometimes, if you are in multiple guilds you can try swapping to another guild then back. Or try loading in your bank first then go back to the guild bank.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

I enjoy this game a lot less when I get poopsocky about it. I thought I'd grind my dumb idiot face off once I hit VR1 and hate it, instead I just log in for an hour or so, do a quest with its own self contained story and feel like I'm playing an Elder Scrolls game. Or I go into Cyrodill and find a fight, spend some time throwing out heals or swatting stray nightblades off of battlements, and that's fun too. Every couple of times I play I get a champion point, so even though I need like a million experience to gain a VR I still feel like there's an immediate sense of progression reward. Nice and chill.

Yeah I think the Champion points help while working on Veteran ranks, at least you are getting the incremental rewards so it feels like you are progressing. Pretty sure I would have burnt out at launch if I was trying to do VR with just the slow pace of VR levels.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Looks like emails are going around right now with the offer to add the PS4 or Xbox One version to your existing account for 20 bucks so I picked up the PS4 version for the hell of it.

Looks like you only have this option if your version of ESO was registered before June 30, 2014.

Does it allow you to play on PS4 and PC with the same account or do you lose access to the PC version if you copy to PS4?

edit: Sounds like it copies your account over but splits progress, so still kinda tempting to start an alt up on the PS4.

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 9, 2015

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

kiresays posted:

Some friends said this was actually pretty good now. Going to be buying it and playing with them. How do the servers work, will I be able to play with them and also play with Goons?

There is one mega server per region (NA - EU) but there are three factions, most goons are in NA on Ebonheart or Daggerfall so if your friends are on those factions you can group up with goons, also you can be in 5 guilds at a time so can join both Goon guilds just for the chat even if you are on another faction.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

eSporks posted:

When can I spend crowns on a larger bank?

I am surprised upgrading storage wasn't one of the first items in the store.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Screw you guys for making me swap to a caster build so we could get through pledges without begging for heals.

That out of the way, it's decent fun being the person responsible for keeping the party alive. Did a normal pledge last night scaled to VR 11 and actually came out without being yelled at for being a poo poo healer by my party.

Can't do solo PvE content worth a drat anymore, but who needs to get to VR 14 anyway :v:

I wish my Templar had been on Ebonheart rather than Daggerfall at launch. I enjoyed healing but don't like the magicka builds for Dragonknight.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

As someone who used to play the gently caress out of wow back in the day, has since grown to generally dislike MMOs, loves TES, but played the beta and was unimpressed, is this worth trying? Or is it basically more of the same (and/or grindy as gently caress)?

Free weekend for ex-beta testers so definitely worth trying out. I really enjoy it, it is a decent mix of MMO and elder scrolls style game, doesn't really excel at either. So if you are looking for a WoW style game or a Skyrim style game you are going to be disappointed, but as a hybrid it is pretty fun. It can get grindy once you get into the veteran levels, which they plan on removing eventually and just relying on Champion point system (think Paragon levels in Diablo3). The main grind in the Veteran Levels is you have to 100% every questing zone in the game for all three factions so kinda hurts alt replay value, that said if you prefer playing only one character it is nice since you can explore all the content.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

There is the one really important distinction that you can't group cross faction for PVP if that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure if you can't group cross faction for PVE, but I'm willing to bet that you can't. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, if anyone knows better.

Yeah if all you are looking for is a chat room then being any faction would be fine, if you are wanting to group up with goons to do group content then you are probably better off on Ebonheart as that is the most populated faction with a few still on Daggerfall as far as the Goon guild goes.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

To be fair though, the combat in Solitaire is better than Skyrim.

Hopefully Bethesda takes some cues from ESO if/when they make a new Elder Scrolls game when it comes to combat though, think if Skyrim had ESO combat I would have played a ton more.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Solartide posted:

I got max crafting on my guy, and several 8 traits researched, I can't imagine rerolling and waiting 28 days for research to finish again.

You won't lose that character if you create a new character. My original launch character was on Daggerfall and that is where my BS and Clothing crafting is done, just pop stuff in the bank and decon on that character and it works out pretty well.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

MF_James posted:

I figured someone would have reported my name though.

Lack of visible name tags probably helps.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Some basic info for the upcoming DB DLC.
http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/20/blood-will-flow-elder-scrolls-online-video-previews-dark-brotherhood-dlc

quote:

DARK BROTHERHOOD: FIRST LOOK
04.19.2016 Announcements, Dark Brotherhood
Shhh! We’re giving you a sneak peek at the next killer DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online, and you won’t want to miss it.

Your talent for homicide has been noticed, and an invitation has arrived—to join the Dark Brotherhood! You’ll visit the Gold Coast, the westernmost region of the old Empire, where you’ll find opportunity, intrigue … and murder.

As with our previous updates, Dark Brotherhood will come in two parts: the DLC game pack, and the base game patch. Below is a brief summary of what you can expect in each. We’ll be going into more detail about the DLC game pack and base-game patch very soon including the release dates, price, and deep-dive articles.

DARK BROTHERHOOD DLC GAME PACK FEATURES & CONTENT

Join the Dark Brotherhood and become an assassin for hire
Visit the Gold Coast, available to characters of all levels, where you can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Hours of exciting story content and quests that will have you revisiting your favorite areas of Tamriel
New, repeatable quest content involving Contracts and the Black Sacrament
Challenging new group bosses and delves to conquer
A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood
Unique costumes, motifs and item sets inspired by the deadly Dark Brotherhood

BASE GAME PATCH FEATURES & CONTENT

The removal of Veteran Ranks
Poison-Making, for those who want to be especially nasty to their enemies
Toggle-able nameplates for all characters
Character name display for Xbox One and PlayStation®4
Item locking to help prevent accidental deconstruction of your most valuable items
Further improvements and new features to the Grouping Tool including a group ready check, vote-to-kick system, and updated queue timer
Tons of updates to the Crown Store including additional character slots, motif previews, and hats
Craft Bags for ESO Plus members
Improvements and adjustments to Item Traits
Ongoing Cyrodiil performance improvements
Sanctum Ophidia Trial scaling, rebalancing and the addition of a Normal and Veteran mode
Balance improvements to combat and gameplay abilities including the Fighters Guild skill line, Vampires and stamina abilities
…and more!
In addition, we have numerous changes and improvements for previous DLC game packs including a new District capture system for Imperial City, and rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Transcript of the round table discussion at PAX.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261597/pax-dark-brotherhood-round-table-transcript

Doesn't look like a lot of new information yet, should know more with PTS today I guess.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

If The Secret World had had a combat model similar to The Division it could have been a huge hit, the combat was just so bland and boring it overshadowed the great world and quest design for me.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Yeah the main problem I had with TSW combat was it boiled down to pressing your desired Builder button 5 times then your 2 spenders leaving room for a couple of utility skills. So 90% of combat was 1,1,1,1,1,2,3 repeat.

Patch notes teaser for Heavy Armor:

Constitution: Increased the amount of Magicka and Stamina restored from this passive ability whenever you are hit by approximately 275%.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

The best is getting in the looting rhythm, press 'e', press 'r'. Then not having the window open up and you drop your ultimate, love that, so fun.

Also Patch notes: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261799/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-0/p1

This kinda sucks, guess my stam DK is not poison based instead of Fire.

Dragonknight
Ardent Flame
Burning Breath (Fiery Breath morph): Renamed this morph to Noxious Breath. In addition, this morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
Kinding: Renamed this passive ability to Combustion. In addition, this passive ability now also increases the damage of the Poisoned status effect, in addition to the Burning status effect.
Unstable Flame (Searing Strike morph): Renamed this morph to Venomous Claw. In addition, this morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
World in Flame: Renamed this passive ability to World in Ruin. In addition, this passive ability now also increases the damage of Poison area of effect abilities, in addition to Flame area of effect abilities.
Earthen Heart
Corrosive Armor (Magma Armor morph): This morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 25, 2016

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

That pretty much kills the whole flavor of the class for me. Guess I will get it to VR16 then shelve it, about 40% away.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
(Except for the part where WB and Flawless got nerfed)

On the other hand my new Dunmer MagDK just got broke'd.

Edit: Loving that they made Undaunted chests not suck. That's pretty swell. There was something else in this giant pile that was kinda decent but hell if I can remember everything I just read.

Dunmer MagDK should still be the same I think, looks like just stamina morphs were changed to poison.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Hah, that is a pretty cool set bonus.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Are they doing anything with VR1-14 crafting materials? Seems like they will be pretty much useless for the most part once DB hits. Only really needed by new players since I'd assume most vets will be close to 160 CP at this point.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

radintorov posted:

That really didn't help the change, since it made it look really half-assed.
I don't even remember what justification they gave for the change back in the day.

If I recall they changed it because early beta testers complained constantly about not starting out in the open world, something like it not feeling like a true Elder Scrolls game because they were confined to a small island. Perfect example of why dev studios shouldn't always listen to the (loudly complaining) player base.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

It's all of the above. It's almost as if they don't understand how to balance 2 entirely different content groups with entirely different playstyles.

Oh wait, they don't.

The case of every mmo that tries to mix pve and pvp, balance one screw up the other unless you make abilities act different in pvp and pve. Which for some reason most devs seem reluctant to do.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

sluggo is mad posted:

My dk which has no clothier/woodworking/blacksmith was seeing both rubedite and ruby ash as well as iron and maple on the nodes in Hew's Bane. I was also getting rubedo and rawhide drops from the same mobs.

They changed it so its like 50/50 drops based on your crafting level or champion point level. So 0 crafting but cp 160 you can get top tier or bottom tier items.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Dick Boat posted:

I'm thinking about trying this game again, I started at launch and thought it was a clunky awful boring mess.

How much has changed?
Am I doomed if I want to play solo mostly?

Thanks.

If you bought the game at launch you can just hop in and check it out since here is no sub. As far as changes since launch, they have fixed a lot of the clunky bugs with the quests and phasing. The combat has been refined a bit to be quicker and more responsive. They have added 4 DLC packs to the game but you would either need to buy them or sub to get access. Personally I thought it was clunky at launch but had potential and they have done a lot to clear up the clunkiness and added some overall polish to the experience so I enjoy it more now than launch. As far as solo play, it is very viable to mainly solo if you just want to do the quests and see the world. The only time i really group up is if goons are running some dungeons or I want to fight the world bosses in one of the DLC zones but that is even optional can just hit the boss a couple times solo if there is a raid already doing it and you can get credit.

Since there is no sub fee I'd say go ahead and install it and muck around for a bit, not sure what you didn't like at launch so you still might not like it but worth a shot.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...9dddeb85f000012

"Speaking to IGN, game director Matt Firor confirmed that an Argonian Dungeon Pack and character customising barber shop would arrive in August, while the much-requested addition of player housing would be added in "the first quarter of next year"."

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

Riding a bear or a lion sounds pretty neat.

Or you could be a cat on a camel

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I think I may be one of the few that actually really likes the default UI, I like the subtle minimalism of it, I do use srendarr buff bars but more as a convenience thing so I know when to recast a buff since that isn't as noticeable until it actually falls off.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Anyone know of a good method of farming the Thieves Guild or Outlaw motifs? I saw a few mentions of farming that one Delve for outlaw motifs but after 10 boss kills I hadn't gotten a single motif off of him. Managed to get a few just from questing but would like to finish out the set.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SoUncool posted:

Looking to pick up this game. Is there an active goon presence? Tamriel One (One Tamriel?) sounds interesting. I'm interested in PvP, too. I heard that grouping up to do quests and such is broken as gently caress, but I also heard this from a YouTube video that was released in late 2014, so I guess that could have been fixed? Are there any significant imbalances or deeply annoying game mechanics that will make a casual player want to quit forever and go cry into a bowl of chili?

There were some serious bugs with the phasing mechanics back around launch that made questing in a group painful. As far as I know most if not all of those issues have been resolved. I can't think of any imbalances or game mechanics that would bother a casual player. ESO has replaced LOTRO and GW2 as my casual MMO of choice where I always keep it active and just enjoy running around the world and playing the different builds, so for a casual player I think it is pretty great. Can't speak for the min/max end game type stuff but some of the other goons are more active in those areas.

Speaking of endgame pvp, of Magblade, Stamplar or DK which would be most useful running around in PVP with goons. Was thinking about giving that a try since I haven't really done much pvp since he initial launch month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SamEyeAm posted:

So I can make my wood elf part of Ebonheart Pact and move zones to quest with goons?

You would have to make a new character, whatever faction it was created on can't be changed yet.

• Locked thread