Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
So I made an account recently and really love this game. I rolled a DC Imperial though, am I still able to join the EP side for PVP? Does it even matter? My account name is @SiDeath by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Do people actually join the mumble ever? Just curious.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Auryn54 posted:

I'm still a lowly(lvl 22) newb(playing for about 1-2 weeks) and a bit of a solo'er and a lot of this stuff seems way above my head right now, but I would like an invite to the guild. I am @fluxus54

As another newb, I can confirm that the guild is cool and good and full of chill people.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

A 96mb incremental maintenance patch that has had the servers down for over 8 hours now lol. What the gently caress are they even doing over there?

Bwuh, are you serious? That's hilariously bad management.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

boho posted:

I'm going to give this a shot again (after a 32gb download gently caress it I better try it). What do I need to know if my only interest is PvP? Any build advice?

Goons are rolling with Ebonheart Pact mains for PvP but dummies like me have mains in other alliances, which sucks. Roll an EP main for cool and good times.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

I dinged CP10 last night on my main - big shout out to Flooby and co for being a giant help. Also, thanks for letting me run in the trials last night, guys!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

After CP10, what are the next tiers of armor? I just hit CP60 and I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade ASAP.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Scyantific posted:

The general rule of thumb for armor upgrades post-50 is:

-CP10/VR1
-CP50/VR5
-CP100/VR12
-CP140/VR14

After you hit CR160, you'll want to get weapons ASAP. Legendary level C160 weapons add about 200 more weapon/spell damage and are the only things you really need to start out at max level. After that it's just a matter of running PvE or PvP content to get gear drops (especially jewelry) or farming hundreds of materials for a full C160 set of armor. I tend to do both.

Good info, thanks very much!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

I would, yeah. I'll make you a set when I get on later. Or at the least weapons. Maybe do armor again at cp100.

Thank you a ton! Very kind to do this again for me!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

siggy2021 posted:

Is this game worth the full $40 price of entry? I've got some money in my steam account from refunding something and I've been looking for something new to get into. I've played FFXIV for a while, but I'm kind of tired of it and I've been looking for something new to get sucked into. I tried getting back into Guild Wars 2, but just couldn't do it. I think that's mostly the theme of the game, though, Elder Scrolls is more of my style.

I played back in the last few closed betas and the game was garbage then, but I've heard it's much better.

I just started playing a few weeks ago and I've really loved it. I've hit CP60 in the short time I've been playing and the goon guild is very supportive, so I'd recommend it whole heartedly!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

I learned today that my bar is garbage for PvP and that I should feel bad.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Who the gently caress told you this?

Honestly it depends on what class and what spec you are. Give me that and I can point you in the right direction for bar layout.

I'm a magplar and I get super-rekt in pvp right now.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

justsharkbait posted:

Just got the guild tabard. Put it on. Laughed. Love it.

How do you actually get your hands on it?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

justsharkbait posted:

Go to the bank. Talk to the banker, there will option that says "guild store" in the list. Once in the guild store, make sure the correct guild is selected to see the store. Then it should be there.

I cannot wait to do this now.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Hey gang, real talk: what's the best way to grind up enchanting? I just got to 41 in enchanting and it's a loving bear. Any pro tips?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Neato posted:

I can craft some up for you, whats your account name so i can mail it to you. Or just send me a tell @neatoh

It's @SiDeath - that'd be hugely helpful, thanks!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Aramek posted:

Are you in DCJ? If so, I'll stick some in there too. None of my toons are enchanters because of how much of a pain it is to level, but I've been slowly trying to build it up on my main via deconstruction.

I don't know what DCJ is so I assume no - was that the old goon crafting guild?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

Yeah, I inherited GM of DCJ. I have a god damned hoard of enchanting runes that I can always re-hoard in my crafting bag. I'll dump all of them in there when I get home from work tonight.

To clarify for anyone else reading, the intent here is that you take raws, craft them, then put the crafted items back in the bank. Someone else takes your crafts, decons them, then either crafts new or puts the mats back in the bank. Repeat forever. Try it, you might like it!

Will you send me an invite to @SiDeath please? Thanks!

Neato posted:

Sent, if this wasn't enough to get to 50 let me know, i can make more.

Thanks very much, I'll login when I get home and take a peek!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Thank you to everyone who's tried to help me level enchanting so far - it's an absolute bear. I'm almost through 47 and I dumped maybe 60-something green and blue runes into the DCJ bank, so if someone else is trying to level, you'll have that going for you. I still need more runes to decon and it's absolutely awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Froid please post in thread about how amazing your life is now TIA

• Locked thread