Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Updated GB entry kiiiinda makes it look like Jeff Gerstman has died. I'd add him to the regular cast part just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Opposing Farce posted:

There is no future in which I play Bloodborne on the table right now, so I'm going to have to pull BFSC off my rotation indefinitely and try not to feel resentful when it inevitably keeps coming up on the other podcasts I listen to.

To feel better about not playing Bloodborne right now I need to keep reminding myself that some of my favorite Souls experiences were playing an area in DS1 then listening to the episode of BFSC about that area right after. Sometimes while I was playing the next area. After I caught up it wasn't the same. Especially with DS2 which I got at launch and played through the whole game over a few weeks. Listening to a podcast about a zone I played months before wasn't as awesome.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Twitch posted:

Also today at work I had to assure a Sony rep that we sold out of Bloodborne on the first day at my store, we didn't just forget to stock it.

I noticed it was sold out at random Pittsburgh Walmart I went in today. Hope it's selling super well!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Captain Internet posted:

Sup Pittsburgh Podcast Goon, I just downloaded that poo poo and it took literally 15 minutes much to my goddamned surprise.

I'm a Michigoon who travels for work and had time to kill in Pitt this morning. Can we still be goon podcast bros?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think Kole needs to have a long discussion with David on The Level about whether or not there's steam punk in Bloodborne. If anybody can get to the bottom of this he can.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Has Nintendo talked about gameplay differences between the different Mario sets in Mario Maker? If I use SMW assets and it plays the same as if I use SM1 assets or NSMB or whatever that just aint right.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
When did you guys do Zombies Ate my Neighbors? I don't think I listened to that episode and love that game. soundtrack is pretty good too.

I'll have to go dig through the archives.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The first new episode that came out after I started listening was the macventure games episode (more good music) and I went back and listened to most of the older shows. ZAMN must have slipped through the cracks for me.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
That trailer got me pretty hyped.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So what game takes Super Metroid's place in the "break glass in case of emergency" slot?

I guess FF4 has always been up there too but with all the jrpg fatigue you've both expressed I could see it not quite filing that role.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
There is a newer boardgame cast called Cardboard that recently started up. I haven't listened to it yet but I've heard it's okay.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
http://weburbanist.com/2015/03/26/invisible-bicycles-tokyos-high-tech-underground-bike-parking/

I saw this around the internet recently. Thought it was neat!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I never finished Katamari but that last level sounds pretty great. I was able to track how far I got into it by the songs I instantly recognized.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If they make the exact same game but without leaning on callbacks to your favorite South Park jokes as heavily as Stick of Truth did I'll be pretty excited. I figure Obsidian's big strength is in the writing and you hopefully have the SP guys doing most of that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hate the conversation mechanic in L.A. Noire and I think it was a big reason I bailed on it about 1/3 into the game. If they didn't tell you that you were choosing the right or wrong selections and just let the conversations happen I honestly think that would have solved most of my issues with that part of the game.

From what I hear I played the best parts of that game anyway.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 26, 2015

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Akuma posted:

You can turn off all of the chimes in the options. That includes conversation choices and the "bwaaaah" when you find all the clues in a crime scene.

Huh. Yeah, that would have helped. Sounds like they still would have given you the checks and x's off on the side of the screen or whatever so not perfect but I definitely didn't know that was a thing.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
And this was something that was in the game from the start? Maybe I'll go back to it!

Bonus: I saw this LA Noire video on Internet recently and thought it was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Seems like it's been a while since we've had a really awful game on WOFF. The occasional Sacrifice makes for good listening! I guess that's what Abject Suffering is for. Sorry if it sounds like I'm wishing bad times on you guys...

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

HMS Boromir posted:

I honestly think Illbleed could support a WOFF episode

I think they should do Abject Suffering Presents: Podcast of DEATH! - Illbleed and just cover the whole game over another episode or two.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They had RE4 on a poll but it didn't win. I think Amnesia took that one iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I played through much of Nier then stopped for no particular reason and too long had passed when I tried to get back in that I just didn't remember how to play effectively. Is there a good [preferably video] LP anyone could recommend? I'm especially interested in one that also plays through the "second quest" which I hear is well done but ain't nobody got time for that.

• Locked thread