Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is no problem I cannot solve with highway ramps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does that interchange even exist IRL. I wonder if you could merge 3 highways at once.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hopefully once things have slowed down we can get a goon approved super pack of addons together.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This all kind of works!

Please look at river for highway ramp hilarity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's like the opening move in chess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So work commuters exist but they don't need to connect to their jobs, right? Their importance is that they create traffic for the essential service vehicles?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It would work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zedprime posted:

Guys I had a slight panic attack when faced with the infinite prospects of the first highway connections. Can anyone help me fix this interchange?

looks fine to me, OP.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BallsFalls posted:

Check what kind of education levels are needed for the abandoned industry. My best guess is that your industry is demanding uneducated workers and don't have enough uneducated/low education cims.

This isn't true. They dont have enough cims, period.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is no benefit to keeping people uneducated. You could probably decrease funding though in the budget panel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Abusing bus ways and pedestrian walkways and fused grids to make a nice city. Thanks thread.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

God that game is/was so good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Count Roland posted:

I'm playing with big roads seriously now, and is there a way to merge roads without intersections? Like two one-way roads merging into a single two way road, and vise versa.

Abuse highways

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I "organically" build neighborhoods by roleplaying a contentious city council. When neighborhoods are built they are usually fused grid. Then I role play the state transportation dept coming in a building roads with no real relation to anything the locals want. This creates realistic looking cities.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well England never had the Homestead act.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fish Fry Andy posted:

They were also based on a manorial system originally where each family was allotted an amount of land which the single family could work, meaning that depending on the terrain and what they were growing you would wind up with different parcels of land. Over the course of hundreds of years of expansions, consolidations, forest removals, marsh drainage, etc. you wind up with some crazy looking farmlands.

Then the hedges and borders came about when the rich threw all the communist farmers off the land and put up walls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enclosure

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This doesn't run so well on my laptop!

Sad!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I followed someone advice and used real life cities as inspiration for roads and interchanges and things def look better !