Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I see that in the CS2 videos on the start screen, it lists natural resources. Coal and oil have a value on there. Is it the same in CS1? I suppose they don't replenish over time and pretty much force you into renewables at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Wait, this just a bunch of Twitch randos they're streaming?

--edit: This is excruciating already.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 23, 2023

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

buglord posted:

I had an inventory management job for a while where I basically owned the entire process, so while the incremental optimization tricks I were doing in Factorio felt nice, it felt *way too similar* to what I did at work so that game was shelved.
Production planner playing Satisfactory here. Please kill me.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Sure hope CS2 has DLSS then. Or some other form of temporal upsampling.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

Even reviewers playing with beyond the recommended specs are saying that past 50k population the game becomes unplayable as the simulation starts to hitch and you have to point the camera at the ground to not have single digit fps.
That sounds like a stupid implementation problem. Looking down just culls stuff for the GPU to render, the agent simulation still runs regardless. So they have just stop setting up and rendering agents no one cares about (cars and people), that'll probably be less than a pixel tall on screen anyway.

In light of UE5's Nanite and the trillion triangles it renders at 60fps, static assets surely can't be the issue.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

VostokProgram posted:

Isn't Nanite only performant for truly static geometry, like completely baked into the scene at development time? CS2 buildings are static but they aren't that static, they appear and disappear and can be moved at any time.
Nanite assets are kinda "autonomous" in themselves, i.e. you can't apply modifiers on them that change the geometry, but they're not baked in the scene. In the UE5 update of Satisfactory, items on the belts are all Nanite enabled, so in advanced factories you have thousands of moving Nanite objects.

OwlFancier posted:

Doesn't the video say that an empty but big city runs a lot better than one with agents, which suggests it is either agent based or the rendering of the agents which is causing it.
Combined with the claims of top down camera improving things, it points towards the rendering thing.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 19, 2023

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

57GB is a bunch of assets alright. Sounds like decent variety in models hopefully.

My current CS1 folder is just like 15GB, with plenty of DLC.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Wait, this a staggered launch? People still do that?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

MikeC posted:

I sincerely hope DLSS and FSR 2 support is in the works.
Oh. Skimming over this thread, DLSS was mentioned quite a few times. Thought it did support it already. Because I’d like to play in 4K without halving my frame rate.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Set it to borderless fullscreen, 4K resolution because desktop is that. Loaded to the menu, already lagging due to low framerate, and I'm not even in a city. This is a 7950X3D with a 3080. The gently caress did this make it to release.

--edit: lmao, the Depth of Field setting to Physical, which is default(?), turns it into a slideshow on the menu. Disabling it gets me framezzz.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The way how say service roads connect to things like water and sewage pumps is unsatisfying, because it doesn't line up.

:hmmyes:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

[CRITICAL] System update error during UITooltip.

--edit: It's worthwhile to inspect utility buildings directly to see their upgrades. Wind turbines support mini battery backups. I was already wondering why the radio guy was going on about rolling black outs and poo poo.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 24, 2023

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Those chirpers are truly a representation of Twitter, right? I got people bitching about lovely healthcare while my medical clinic has gently caress-all to do and all my roads have good coverage by said clinic.

Cemetery efficiency 108% wat.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 24, 2023

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

Which graphical setting affects the shimmering of trees? Trees shimmer like a motherfucker and I don't know how to stop it. There's maybe a 100 settings in the game.
If Dynamic Resolution is enabled, disable it. If that doesn't do anything, change antialiasing to TAA. I don't have any tree shimmering, and LOD isn't a setting I changed yet.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I wish there were a circular curve tool that'll create perfectly round curves starting tangentially from the road I'm starting to draw and attempts to hit the end point under the cursor with the shortest curve possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

With the news going around of the DLC being terrible, I was reading up on things a bit in various forums. I keep reading that the agent simulation aspects, that were touted so hard, are basically non-existent. That true?