Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

If you buy this your life will suffer, in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, good traffic design in this game is weirdly all about balancing left/right/centre lanes. I hope they make things better though because I'd love to just use real-life examples/intuition rather than game a weird AI.

How difficult would this be to actually implement?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

For someone who's never done any 3d modeling, where should I start if I just want to mess around?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Anyone have a gif or screenshot of that service road mod in action?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Zotix posted:

So what's the best way to handle traffic coming off of the starting highway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwj2ZiiFSs

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The Mantis posted:

i like that this guys is making videos, but IMO that is some ugly rear end poo poo

Ugly but it works and leaves you space to demolish and expand later.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Freakus posted:

Holy poo poo. I redid my bus system. Nothing creates a traffic jam like all 500 buses returning to the single depot at once.

This busway system works great, have a metro hooked up to it as well. I'm not sure how to hookup garbage to the depot and fire department though.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So once you unlock the special buildings by doing their achievements/requirements you get it permanently, right? Then how come when I ruined my city by causing the whole thing to abandon, and a couple other ones, they were not unlocked when I reloaded?

I did the crime one just fine on a second map and loaded my actual city and it was unlocked just fine.

[edit] Nevermind I reloaded the wrecked map, then reloaded the fine version and its all fine now. The stuff is unlocked. :confused:

Very post apocalypse. Minus the clean streets and fine trees.

That looks very cool

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Holy poo poo that terraforming mod works

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

also someone make a china air quality mod

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

City progressing nicely. Traffic surprisingly smooth on the highway now. City has begun to connect to the once-remote harbor in the lower left. Running dangerously short on space. Considering damming the ocean to claim more.

which map?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

This is awesome

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Is there a rural/agricultural asset collection?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I saw the DLC sale and realized I haven't played since 2015. Has this game changed significantly through updates are mods since then? Specifically in regards to city management and making the customizer thing less annoying/time consuming?

edit: Also would appreciate some must have mods suggestions

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 26, 2018

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

is there a discord for this, i have questions.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Isn't there an unsubscribe all in the in-game interface?

Yeah there's a mod for this

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I wish I wasn't bad as the fundamentals so I could enjoy doing creative detailed oriented building

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

I decided to use the no pipes and no powerline mods.

I don't want to bother with putting forth infrastructure.

I uh, didn't know that was a thing, of course it is though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

you should still get move it because its game changing