Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

What clearly matters here is how good of a football player he is.

Has he paid child support yet?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/devon-still-responds-to-child-support-allegations-203941527.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:unsmith: that is good

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Seriously. I don't know what else they could have done. Still was probably the single worst player on the team last year, his daughter needing insurance was the only reason he stayed.

Cut him anyway but hook him up with some off-field job. Mike Brown could seize the PR opportunity of the century by covering her treatment out of his own pocket.

Win-win, and then maybe you guys would win more.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

Setting aside that the guy evidently wants to be a football player, not an assistant water boy, I don't think the player at the bottom of anyone's roster is winning or losing them games

Well he should probably be better at the game of football if he wants to keep playing it. Hopefully next season his daughter won't have cancer, so he can try to stand on his own merits.

One of the reasons the Hawks just lost the Super Bowl was because of poor depth. Better backups and role players can make all the difference in the world.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

You seem to be losing sight of the supposed reason he was kept on the team this year, and like Goetta said if he was some kind of dead weight they could have listed him as inactive every week

I was merely proposing an alternative way the Bengals could have handled this. Just killing time in the offseason man, don't lose sight of that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The blood vessels in her liver are Andy Dalton...and it's playoff time

So if she lives.... it will be a liver fluke?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Stem cell treatment is pretty intense and involves taking out the stem cells first and then nuking your body so hard with extreme chemo that it can't recover without your previously harvested cells (or someone else's cells, in some cases). It is essentially as close to physically "starting over" as you can get with medicine.

I hope she is using her own stem cells because that is much easier to recover from. Using someone else's cells introduces a lot greater likelihood of long-term side effects, like your body rejecting the outside cells. Chemo (especially of this sort) has a way of loving up just about every aspect of your health you can think of and it's not great for childhood development either. Every cancer case and treatment regimen is different, though, so it's hard to say what will happen.

My brother did several rounds of chemo before and after I donated bone marrow to him. I was 6, he was 4.

20 years later I'm almost a foot taller than him. He looks like he never went through puberty and appears so androgynous he is often mistaken for a chunky, hipster lesbian. He has cataracts, gallstones, random bone spurs, dermatitis, and a thyroid condition. Also he is sterile.

Sometimes the treatment is as bad as the disease.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 31, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

indigi posted:

Yeah, your "brother." Sure.

I don't get the joke. Are you saying I'm the midget with flaky skin?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

old dog child posted:

He should've gone with a "Was it the chemo..or your bone marrow? :tinfoil:" line instead of implying you lied about your brother.

realtalk, you did a great thing

For real, that works as a joke at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Had a look, one of the first things in my area I found was parents of a girl who looks to be maybe 12 or 13 wanting to treat her "Bipolar, A.D.D., Oppositional Defiance Disorder and Depression" by sending her to a wilderness program for troubled teens

I hate people so much

e: it says she's been in juvie so maybe she just looks younger than she is or that's an old picture, but even if she's a teenager go gently caress yourself parents

"Help, we hosed up our kid, give us money so we can finally finish the job" :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread