Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What clearly matters here is how good of a football player he is.

Way to go kid, hope she makes a full recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Stem cell treatment is pretty intense and involves taking out the stem cells first and then nuking your body so hard with extreme chemo that it can't recover without your previously harvested cells (or someone else's cells, in some cases). It is essentially as close to physically "starting over" as you can get with medicine.

I hope she is using her own stem cells because that is much easier to recover from. Using someone else's cells introduces a lot greater likelihood of long-term side effects, like your body rejecting the outside cells. Chemo (especially of this sort) has a way of loving up just about every aspect of your health you can think of and it's not great for childhood development either. Every cancer case and treatment regimen is different, though, so it's hard to say what will happen.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I had mine at age 31 so I am not going to get the developmental poo poo, and there's also the thing that cancer treatment has advanced significantly in just the last 20 years. But yeah it's brutal. I have a friend who had childhood leukemia and you can kinda tell, he's almost unnaturally scrawny and short.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SlipUp posted:

if a meteor struck heinz field it would cause untold devastation the lives of millions in heart wrenching ways. myself and many others would quietly mourn loss of life and offer support and charity to the survivors, our fellow human beings. i would go so far as to say we should dedicated the ravens 2015 division title to the memory of the pittsburgh steelers.

Bane did nothing wrong.

• Locked thread