Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
So I saw a video on Maple 2 and it looks like an overly cutesy minecraft. confirm/deny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Pavlov posted:

So I saw a video on Maple 2 and it looks like an overly cutesy minecraft. confirm/deny

It's actually an RPG with PvP and gear and stuff, it's only the blocky aesthetic that's similar to Minecraft. I'm looking forward to it! :)

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Is anyone going to play Dungeon Fighter Online here?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dominoeffect posted:

Is anyone going to play Dungeon Fighter Online here?

Yes, me!

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

I've never played it but was looking at it and it'd be my first time playing it. Any advice?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dominoeffect posted:

I've never played it but was looking at it and it'd be my first time playing it. Any advice?

There is a thread in games using the [slayer] tag. There are people in it much more knowledgable than me who can give out more info but play what looks fun and if its not try something else :shobon: every subclass is dramatically different so you will find a class you like if you like 8wayrun brawlers

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I remember back in the day when we had 3 Maplestory goon guilds. Goon3 represent! Iirc Armitage ran that, or was it Fistgrrl?

DFO is going to own!

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

Charles Bukowski posted:

I remember back in the day when we had 3 Maplestory goon guilds. Goon3 represent! Iirc Armitage ran that, or was it Fistgrrl?

DFO is going to own!

Sup GoonSquad3 crew! :hf: Yeah, I think it was one of those two that ran it - it was awesome just loving around with sporadic leveling in between!

Silento posted:

Mabinogi is good too! I love the skill system.

Hell yes. I still play this every now and then, far more frequently than Maplestory (twice a week vs twice a year - if I'm up for it on both counts)

Evil Sagan posted:

I actually like Mabinogi and would play it if it didn't require cooperating with literal 13 year olds to progress.

Yeahhhh, that was kind of annoying. I just got lucky and found a guild of mostly older (20+) members, along with playing with my best friends - it made such a HUGE difference in how I felt about the game.

Mabinogi crew, what server are you playing on? (I'm on Tarlach...yeah yeah, shush.)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Nexon ruined Maplestory. :colbert:

I've still got some nostalgia for Combat Arms though, even though its monetization model is frustrating to get around as a free player.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Shattered Galaxy was my favorite game ever and Nexon/KRU hosed it up :mad: I played a ton all the way up to 2009

I think the Chinese remake (Collapsed Galaxy) is still picking up steam but it's way too laggy/Chinese for me

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Nexon ruined Maplestory. :colbert:

I've still got some nostalgia for Combat Arms though, even though its monetization model is frustrating to get around as a free player.

Actually Maple is better than ever and so is Nexon. We had 6 people online yesterday and we go bossing every day! Last week I updated the OP with ways the game is way less pay2win.

PS: Nexon is awesome and Good.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Corgiflop posted:

Mabinogi crew, what server are you playing on? (I'm on Tarlach...yeah yeah, shush.)

It has been ages since I've played. Is Tarlach known for something?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

pseudanonymous posted:

There's apparently a chinese remake of shattered galaxy?

Hells yeah. You get a WALL-E that you upgrade and there are people that sing happy new year when you log in.

Also a lot of people go into fights without actually fighting each other because ?????

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Corgiflop posted:

Sup GoonSquad3 crew! :hf: Yeah, I think it was one of those two that ran it - it was awesome just loving around with sporadic leveling in between!

Hell yes. I still play this every now and then, far more frequently than Maplestory (twice a week vs twice a year - if I'm up for it on both counts)

Yeahhhh, that was kind of annoying. I just got lucky and found a guild of mostly older (20+) members, along with playing with my best friends - it made such a HUGE difference in how I felt about the game.

I know I and at least one other goon are on Mari. I played on Tarlach many years ago (back in the C1-C2 days!) but my character was awful so like 2 years ago when I came back I rerolled on Mari.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I don't play anymore but I have a lot of friends on Mari if anyone is there and struggling to find people to play with

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

Evil Sagan posted:

It has been ages since I've played. Is Tarlach known for something?

Yeah, it's just known for being relatively empty compared to the other servers. :smith:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Evil Sagan posted:

I actually like Mabinogi and would play it if it didn't require cooperating with literal 13 year olds to progress.

I think SA used to have a guild on Mari or something that's been dead for years, so I ended up with a 4chan guild because it was one of the 3 groups that I actually did things with on launch. Alexina and Mari are the most populated servers in that order, but I have no desire to start a new character when I've sunk so much money in Mari.

I'm not really actively playing right now, but I come back to the game for a month or two every year at least

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

gwrtheyrn posted:

I think SA used to have a guild on Mari or something that's been dead for years

They did, the Mari server was some injoke, the guild name was Big in Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6u2NASUzU

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

gwrtheyrn posted:

Alexina and Mari are the most populated servers in that order, but I have no desire to start a new character when I've sunk so much money in Mari.

Yeah, that is what keeps me in Tarlach: the time and money sunk into a character I made back in 2008 - otherwise, I'd have no problem rerolling!

I do wish that there were server transfers, allowing people to take whatever characters/pets/etc over. Oh well...:sigh:

vvvv edit: Yup, pets too. I forgot to mention them as well, especially the limited release ones. With regard to being attached to my character progress, I don't think I have it in me to grind another 7k total levels to get back where I am already.

Corgiflop fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 25, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Jackard posted:

They did, the Mari server was some injoke, the guild name was Big in Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6u2NASUzU

Yup, and remember the bug where you could kill people/npcs by transforming? Fun times

Corgiflop posted:

Yeah, that is what keeps me in Tarlach: the time and money sunk into a character I made back in 2008 - otherwise, I'd have no problem rerolling!

I do wish that there were server transfers, allowing people to take whatever characters/pets/etc over. Oh well...:sigh:

It's mostly the pets that would keep me from moving. I have so many pets, many of which were limited time, that I can't live without them and their inventory space. Character progress is pretty trivial because I can just make a hero character and rebirths are free now

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Silento posted:

Actually Maple is better than ever and so is Nexon. We had 6 people online yesterday and we go bossing every day! Last week I updated the OP with ways the game is way less pay2win.

PS: Nexon is awesome and Good.

I can't agree with that. I started Maple maybe a year before Nexon came in, and the game did significantly improve - until the Big Bang update. After that, a lot of what I liked about the game got stomped out in favor of NEWNEWNEW!!!

It's a shame because there's not really anything like Maple out there, or at least not nearly as good.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I can't agree with that. I started Maple maybe a year before Nexon came in, and the game did significantly improve - until the Big Bang update. After that, a lot of what I liked about the game got stomped out in favor of NEWNEWNEW!!!

It's a shame because there's not really anything like Maple out there, or at least not nearly as good.

Have you actually looked at any Maple info lately? V:shobon:V Check out the second post of the Maple OP for some stuff that's changed for the better.

Or not, we don't need any Nexon haters in the guild!!! :mad:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

ViggyNash posted:

I too miss when it took 20 hours to get 10% of level 26, with each level taking 10x as long as the last.

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

KittyEmpress posted:

I too miss when it took 20 hours to get 10% of level 26, with each level taking 10x as long as the last.

S> KPQ TRACK 50k MESOS@@@@@@@@@@

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Oh the days of boars 25-40, undead mush 30-45, fire drakes from 50-70. There was no endgame and only two jobs and yet people still ground to 70+ well before third job was even out. Minmaxing was :spergin: as gently caress

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Horizontal Tree posted:

Oh the days of boars 25-40, undead mush 30-45, fire drakes from 50-70. There was no endgame and only two jobs and yet people still ground to 70+ well before third job was even out. Minmaxing was :spergin: as gently caress

Timing the PQ in kerning city. Oh wait, I don't need to say the one in kerning city because there was only ever the one back then.

Without any hyperbole, 46-47 took me 8 and a half hours as an ice mage in fire boars. God being in middle school was great, you could just waste time like that. Then that wizard got deleted because it was a beta :smith:

Jumping puzzle in sleepywood for ore :allears:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Bauxite posted:

Timing the PQ in kerning city. Oh wait, I don't need to say the one in kerning city because there was only ever the one back then.

Without any hyperbole, 46-47 took me 8 and a half hours as an ice mage in fire boars. God being in middle school was great, you could just waste time like that. Then that wizard got deleted because it was a beta :smith:

Jumping puzzle in sleepywood for ore :allears:

1-70 was 6 minutes for me
1-135 was a few hours

New maplestory owns

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

I've been playing DFO lately and loving it.

I have a question: are there any Nexon (or for that matter other KR mmos) games worth investing time into right now? I'm looking for something more to satisfy the KR mmo hunger in me.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

dominoeffect posted:

I've been playing DFO lately and loving it.

I have a question: are there any Nexon (or for that matter other KR mmos) games worth investing time into right now? I'm looking for something more to satisfy the KR mmo hunger in me.
http://treeofsaviorgame.com/

Looks like a spiritual successor to RO. 80 classes! :pcgaming:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

My fondest memory of maplestory is easily adding strength and HP to my bandit early on, and dealing with that from 2005-2009. Also 0.2% EXP per kill was good poo poo.

Does anyone remember when the cashshop first came out and everything in it was 30 cents?
I accidentally refreshed the screen and ended up buying 120 dollars of nexon cash and being so okay with it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Biowarfare posted:

1-70 was 6 minutes for me
1-135 was a few hours

New maplestory owns

I see my little brother play Maplestory all the time and it makes me uncomfortable.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Horizontal Tree posted:

I played it in beta and was for a short time the highest level crossbowman in the game (because the highest level quit)

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

pandaK posted:

I see my little brother play Maplestory all the time and it makes me uncomfortable.

I miss you so much.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

I played it in beta and was for a short time the highest level crossbowman in the game (because the highest level quit)

I started day 1 of NA beta. poo poo was grindy as gently caress and made no sense.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Biowarfare posted:

I miss you so much.

I miss old lovely Maple

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Horizontal Tree posted:

I started day 1 of NA beta. poo poo was grindy as gently caress and made no sense.

I got loving carpal tunnel from it lmao

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Nexus TK was my first online game addiction when I was a teenager. I was so obsessed with it and would get very angry about things that happened in the game. At one point I was one of the few people in the game who owned a Sevenleaf sword, which was the first legendary item in the game, and it got progressively rarer because they stopped dropping in game. I left the game temporarily and let my friend have it, and he ended up giving it to someone I hated very much in my 14 year old online game life. I'll never forget.

I also had a zibong sword but I died while holding it and it broke forever.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Hi I'm here to make you sad silentio and also tell you I broke up with maple for wakfu k bye

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i also played the maple story beta and i was a huge dumbass because why would i put points in slash blast it uses hp!! what a lovely skill!!! i will max iron will or whatever instead, for more defense, to save that precious potion money. what do you mean aoe grinding is more efficient than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

n4 posted:

Nexus TK was my first online game addiction when I was a teenager. I was so obsessed with it and would get very angry about things that happened in the game. At one point I was one of the few people in the game who owned a Sevenleaf sword, which was the first legendary item in the game, and it got progressively rarer because they stopped dropping in game. I left the game temporarily and let my friend have it, and he ended up giving it to someone I hated very much in my 14 year old online game life. I'll never forget.

I also had a zibong sword but I died while holding it and it broke forever.

what was your name in game thanks

• Locked thread