Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (

Agrias120 posted:

what was your name in game thanks

I had two characters that were 99. A poet named Iros, and a mage named siremike. The last time I played was probably 15-16 years ago. I stopped playing right around the time that subclasses were implemented, so I never got any of the fancy subclass powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Xun posted:

Hi I'm here to make you sad silentio and also tell you I broke up with maple for wakfu k bye

RIP :saddowns:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

n4 posted:

I had two characters that were 99. A poet named Iros, and a mage named siremike. The last time I played was probably 15-16 years ago. I stopped playing right around the time that subclasses were implemented, so I never got any of the fancy subclass powers.

Remember when PC subclasses got really elitist so Nexon made quotas for how many members they had to have? RIP K'urimja.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

i also played the maple story beta and i was a huge dumbass because why would i put points in slash blast it uses hp!! what a lovely skill!!! i will max iron will or whatever instead, for more defense, to save that precious potion money. what do you mean aoe grinding is more efficient than anything else.

Hah but you are wrong and AOE/mob grinding was completely ineffective and lovely early-game and it was all about single-monster DPS/one-shotting up until third job (when it was actually added!) :smaug:
Unless you were a Cleric, in which case it was literally the only way to level. Grinding Zombie Mush with heal for 25%/hr... so painful.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Lord Wexia posted:

Remember when PC subclasses got really elitist so Nexon made quotas for how many members they had to have? RIP K'urimja.

I remember that happening though it was towards the end of my nexus TK days.

What was everyone's NexusTK names? Wonder if I'd remember anyone from there. I'm tempted to play again and see what the game looks like these days. I can't believe it's still going.

I also remember really liking shattered Galaxy.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

n4 posted:

I remember that happening though it was towards the end of my nexus TK days.

What was everyone's NexusTK names? Wonder if I'd remember anyone from there. I'm tempted to play again and see what the game looks like these days. I can't believe it's still going.

I also remember really liking shattered Galaxy.

Don't try and play NexusTK now. I thought it was terrible once they did the new release that overhauled the graphics (5.0?). I actually tried to get back into it once but I didn't want to start over and they couldn't restore my Yuri 29 dated character.

I was in that as Fando. Merchant guild 4 lyfe

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
So you're telling me that Nexon's US division isn't complete garbage any more. I am willing to believe this. I however am not particularly convinced that I want to run out and start playing any of them, particularly since I have an FF14 subscription.

Are they still doing that 'you have to log in through a browser' horseshit or did they give desktop clients back? I was playing Mabi up until they did that.

Never had interest in Maple.

Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus was something I was once upon a time looking forward to.

Dark Blood is something that I've been angry that Nexon picked up.

I played DFO once upon a time, then I stopped and played D&F on the korean servers.

---

So they're better now than then, you say. The optimist in me wants to believe that.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Word on the Wind posted:

Are they still doing that 'you have to log in through a browser' horseshit or did they give desktop clients back? I was playing Mabi up until they did that.

Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus was something I was once upon a time looking forward to.

You never had to launch through browser for mabinogi, maple, or vindictus it's just the default shortcuts (which replace themselves if you delete/modify them last I checked) that take you to the webpages. If you open the launchers directly, it'll take you to the normal login screen after you launch the game.

Vindictus was fun for awhile aside from the terrible lag issues

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

I played nexons Darkages when I was in highschool. What the gently caress was wrong with me. I got to monk, got my gm gear, and then was like a AB14 druid? Jesus christ I put a lot of time into that game.

K G
Nov 7, 2012

it is hard to read this lol
How are Nexon treating Europe? Is it better?

I remember we had to wait months and even years for patches/games, it was infuriating since by the time we got the latest patch, American and Asian versions of the games were light years ahead and far better. When Vindictus was in beta, I had to use a lovely American VPN to even get access to the game, I enjoyed it so much. And ofcourse, EU didn't get the game for another year.

If this trend has changed, I'll definitely play some MS again.

K G fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 9, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

K G posted:

How are Nexon treating Europe? Is it better?

I remember we had to wait months and even years for patches/games, it was infuriating since by the time we got the latest patch, American and Asian versions of the games were light years ahead and far better. When Vindictus was in beta, I had to use a lovely American VPN to even get access to the game, I enjoyed it so much. And ofcourse, EU didn't get the game for another year.

If this trend has changed, I'll definitely play some MS again.

I was under the impression that nexon EU is basically dead and everyone plays on NA, or at least that's the case for mabi

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
The only community manager I remember from any game is Orb from Nexus TK. Poor bastard ran regular poetry reading events, and then they transferred him to working Quiz Quiz and that was the last I ever heard of him.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

I was under the impression that nexon EU is basically dead and everyone plays on NA, or at least that's the case for mabi

I'm pretty sure Mabi EU shut down a few years ago, so yes. :v:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Jc7YvffxI

want those hats

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Look at all those korean LEGOs

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I have sunk waayyy too many hours and dollars into maple and mabi. The news of maplestory 2 makes me fear for my wallet, in a good way.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Stool Sample posted:

I have sunk waayyy too many hours and dollars into maple and mabi. The news of maplestory 2 makes me fear for my wallet, in a good way.

MapleStory 2 is a terrifying prospect in many ways.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nexon America is doing well! :toot: http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/Q8aV/UUxv/hfxW.pdf

In other news, lol @ Nexon EU.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Horizontal Tree posted:

MapleStory 2 is a terrifying prospect in many ways.

From the video, it looks like you can out together your own house. It's adding Sims elements to Korean mmos, I can't not play it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
how's their management of vindictus going lately? I still have it installed, just don't know how well they've been as a publisher in the last year.

basically wrote them off after dragon nest 60 cap came out and I wasn't interested in playing that anymore. the DFO closure didn't help.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I dunno, I don't play Vindictus. Try asking in the Vindictus thread.

flea
Oct 8, 2000

n4 posted:

I remember siremike, I'm pretty sure we hunted together a few times. I was "FLeA" and I was a complete shithead.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Vindictus is, like, 60% of a fantastic game. Eventually you're paying extreme prices for m I nor upgrades and grinding the same missions all day.
Boooooring.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

flea posted:

I remember siremike, I'm pretty sure we hunted together a few times. I was "FLeA" and I was a complete shithead.

Wow ! I remember you. We were both buddies with Levos, and you were a rogue.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/37mti5/we_are_your_nexon_america_maplestory_customer/?sort=new

Nexon America customer support AMA.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/37mti5/we_are_your_nexon_america_maplestory_customer/cro4dum

lol

Edit: oops, timged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Inzombiac posted:

Vindictus is, like, 60% of a fantastic game. Eventually you're paying extreme prices for m I nor upgrades and grinding the same missions all day.
Boooooring.

Prices have came way down and they're about to release a seal shop update that will really help things.

• Locked thread