Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
got a lil joke_explainer in the oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
old padlocks where you have to finaggle the key to get them to open

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bwatts

suicide bi cop posted:

the ever creeping existential dread of morality hidden deep inside great mens hearts

that's No Joke.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
repetition has no place in humor

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

yeah, they're kind of like assistants that produce a rough draft. I don't remember any of the actual software used but here's an example site that uses 100% Markov chains and random images to generate pseudo-content as an example: http://tinysubversions.com/clickbait/

3. Basically, if you're interested in argumentative stuff, you can't go wrong here.

11. We're betting you haven't seen a content like this all week!

fuck. marry. t-rex

dogcrash truther posted:

got a lil joke_explainer in the oven

Didn't know he was jewish.

*pulls on collar*

cuntman.net

can a joke be lowbrow and high hanging fruit at the same time

Ace of Baes
imagine a bunch of great comedians who were brought together for an unknown reason then richard pryor comes out of the shadows and hes like "were gonna pull off the greatest joke in history of comedy" and its like oceans 11

----------------

Ace of Baes

TWIST FIST posted:

can a joke be lowbrow and high hanging fruit at the same time
if a joke is low brow enough and still funny, hell, id say thats more impressive

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Didn't know he was jewish.

*pulls on collar*

:wth:

also: http://tinysubversions.com/clickbait/?d=WzOlkBxTBb$BUzuBwkgvk&n=12

fuck. marry. t-rex

suicide bi cop posted:

imagine a bunch of great comedians who were brought together for an unknown reason then richard pryor comes out of the shadows and hes like "were gonna pull off the greatest joke in history of comedy" and its like oceans 11

It's not possible. Comedy only has 3 yomi levels.

i am he

umami sounds like oh mommy

cuntman.net

suicide bi cop posted:

this could be a pretty good burn you just end it by saying "and thats how you were born" or something i guess thats not high hanging fruit but there you go

Piso Mojado

lol when's the last time anyone of you ate a fruit off a fuckin tree?

tao of lmao

lots of fruit come from trees

Piso Mojado

if your eating fruit off a tree in the year 2015 then you need to get your poo poo together.

i am he

[10,000 year old man they melted out of a glacier]: umami

dogcrash truther

Piso Mojado posted:

if your eating fruit off a tree in the year 2015 then you need to get your poo poo together.

Ace of Baes
not eating fruit off a tree is bougie as gently caress

----------------

mycophobia

dogcrash truther posted:

nacho greg watching the simpsons rake gag: he already stepped on a rake.

lmfao

Ace of Baes
[10,000 year old man they melted out of a glacier]: bo-pepper is that you old friend

----------------

joke_explainer

suicide bi cop posted:

tiers of tiger

the Tiger was indisputably one of the finest tanks of WW2, its enormous cost of operation and manufacture non-withstanding... I would rate them like this:

S tier:

Tiger II porsche turret

A tier:

Tiger II Henschel

B tier:

Tiger (KStN 1176e)

C tier:

Tiger H1

poo poo Tier: Porsche tiger

edit: also its fuel efficiency was terrible

joke_explainer

suicide bi cop posted:

this is a really cool idea. they should make this movie. (not being sarcastic, a blazing saddles style parody of a heist movie would be great)

joke_explainer

its like 'the expendables' of comedy, but not kind of sad like the expendables was

Al Borland

by XyloJW

dogcrash truther posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/bttf-obscure-trivia/1/

I read this and got a chuckle out of it and thought you might too. Ok then.

um...

http://www.clickhole.com/video/will-change-way-you-watch-back-future-2083

----------------

joke_explainer

of course someone has done it before al. someone has done everything before. but this is clearly a separate script. its also pretty great. 'back time the future'. lol.

mycophobia

I laughed at this more than the article

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

hay guys, are you read for this? check it: BAKE to the Future

!!!!!!!!!!!!

mycophobia
every time you bake you are in the future

joke_explainer

dogcrash truther posted:

geospatial data gathering

Why did the western longitudinal values need cheering up? Because they were always so negative.

I don't really have any other GIS jokes...

My dad always told me an engineering joke when I was younger I liked a lot.

One day, an engineer died, and by some clerical error, he ended up at the gates of hell.

He didn't really have the people skills to talk himself out of the situation, so he ended up pushing a rock up the hill that would just fall back down with some old greek dude. He thought about it a while, and using a bunch of failed kickstarter projects that went straight to hell laying around (I'm adapting this joke for the modern era!), he fashioned an escalator up the mountain. Suddenly the task was far easier, you'd just shove the rock in the way and he even set up some nets to make sure the rock would get caught before it'd fall back down.

Satan was aggravated at this, came to see the engineer. He asked, "You can't just make hell more convenient! That's against the whole point!"

They talked a bit and Satan's interest was piqued when he mentioned the concept of air conditioning... It was awful hot down there.

Before long, the engineer had installed central air, streamlined travel with a variety of mechanisms, and improved quality of life in hell drastically. Satan ultimately agreed, things were better now than they were before.

Then a while later, God phones Satan to gloat, like he usually does once every millenia or so. "Hot enough down there for ya, Lucifer ole pal?"

Satan grins, shrugs, and says, "Actually, it's pretty good down here lately. We've got air conditioning, escalators, things are looking really nice. We've smoothed out all the jagged rocks and everything. You should come visit! It's all because of this engineer you sent down here."

God was furious, "What the hell? You can't do that! How did an engineer end up down there? Send him back up immediately!"

Satan chuckles, "Not a chance. He's doing great work down here."

God yells, "I'll sue!"

Satan laughs, "And where are you gonna get a lawyer?"

mycophobia
that's a pretty good one

fuck. marry. t-rex

I always imagined Satan as a lot less reasonable

Grass Effect
that's more of a lawyer joke also

joke_explainer

Grass Effect posted:

that's more of a lawyer joke also

it is. that's the twist of the joke. you say its an engineer joke and then the big joke is that it is actually a lawyer joke at the end. the humor is the inversion of expectations.

Grass Effect

joke_explainer posted:

it is. that's the twist of the joke. you say its an engineer joke and then the big joke is that it is actually a lawyer joke at the end. the humor is the inversion of expectations.

genius...!

mycophobia
I like that you actually explain jokes

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

mycophobia posted:

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

brow must be this high to laughf

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

google THIS

suicide bi cop posted:

old padlocks where you have to finaggle the key to get them to open

"what's the deal with old padlocks where you have to finaggle the key to get them to open? am i right people?"

come on man I didn't even break a sweat with that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

mycophobia posted:

• Locked thread