Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really mind the combat even though it's pretty boring. I don't think a mod can fix that. At least using magic is slightly more than just pressing your Cast Spell bind. Morrowind and Oblivion had the exact same combat except somehow even less interesting. Especially Morrowind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I installed morrowind once around 5 years ago after hearing people talk about how much better it was and got 10 minutes in before realizing combat was just dice rolls or whatever and uninstalled it immediately. All scrolls games have awful combat

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I installed morrowind once around 5 years ago after hearing people talk about how much better it was and got 10 minutes in before realizing combat was just dice rolls or whatever and uninstalled it immediately. All scrolls games have awful combat

It's funny because Fallout 3 and NV have the exact same trash combat, but they added the cool VATS camera thing to make you forget about it. And slicing dude's heads off in Skyrim does sort of make me forget how the rest of the fight was boring.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
would trying to run the latest sperg patch w/out hearthfire be what's causing my CTD? i'm running the game from the script extender shortcut

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

subhuman filth posted:

deadly combat is actually really good. it adds timed blocks and increases damage penetration/stam damage through blocks if you dont use them well, as well as generally increasing the damage and lowering armor across the board. attacks cost a lot more stamina and stamina regenerates faster. blows to the back are very deadly and there is locational damage effects. the end result is that combat is a lot more measured, deadly, and less spammy.

The animatinos and whatnot suck so you can't actually tell what enemies are doing and time blocks properly. It's a fuckload of rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

idk ive never had any problems

• Locked thread