Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know if there's a mod that lets you rescale Daedric weapons, so they don't suck a few levels after you get them. I did the quest that gtives you the glowing sword that explodes undead, and it's equivalent to a glass sword. I don't want to not use it because it looks epic and the enchantment is extremely strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Larry Parrish posted:

Apocalypse magic is epic. I changed my mind about Midas magic because i hardly ever use any of the spells. Frostfall sounds like it just adds tedium but the coldness survival thing doesn't really seem to get in the way that much. The mod that makes spell particle effects give off lights is sweet, when u can see your hands lit up at night from your fire spells, and fireballs light whole trees on fire for a little bit.

Midas Magic was a lot better in Oblivion. The only spell worth using in the Skyrim version is the one that summons a house.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Ostentatious posted:

any sick mods one can recommend for skyrim??

skyrim redone
frostfall
deadly combat
deadly dragons
immersive armors if you dont want to look like a retard the entire game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Horrigan posted:

Midas Magic was a lot better in Oblivion. The only spell worth using in the Skyrim version is the one that summons a house.

I use Summon Pickaxe a lot actually. Gotta save that like 5 weight.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sexy_rieklings.esp

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
is fight or fly worth downloading. i thought it would be cool for bandits to give up and run for their lives and poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Does anyone know if there's a mod that lets you rescale Daedric weapons, so they don't suck a few levels after you get them. I did the quest that gtives you the glowing sword that explodes undead, and it's equivalent to a glass sword. I don't want to not use it because it looks epic and the enchantment is extremely strong.

Unique Unique I believe.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have one that does that but I forget which mod's MCM manager has the option.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Unique Unique I believe.

skyrim redone does this too but rip your save unless youre willing to start a new game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

smh if u ever uninstalled skyrim except to move it to a new, better hard drive and computer system

I uninstall it because I start fresh with regards to mods.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I uninstall it because I start fresh with regards to mods.

Makes sense

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I installed some mods that add extra npcs and now every inn is filled to the brim with custom voice acted shitheads.

Heavy breathing and monotone adds to the realism.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got pretty tired and disgusted with this game after playing like 40 hours of it at launch, but I gotta say with the DLC and the handful of mods I have, it's pretty cool. The balance between being a melee guy and a wizard is still lame, and the perks still range from totally useless to insanely powerful. Maybe I should get one of those mods that makes spell damage scale with level, and also a perk mod or something.

And is it me or did they buff the AI for spell casters. They keep doing poo poo like whipping out ward spells before my spells hit to block them. And they still seem to have infinite magicka reserves.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I got pretty tired and disgusted with this game after playing like 40 hours of it at launch, but I gotta say with the DLC and the handful of mods I have, it's pretty cool. The balance between being a melee guy and a wizard is still lame, and the perks still range from totally useless to insanely powerful. Maybe I should get one of those mods that makes spell damage scale with level, and also a perk mod or something.

Sperg does both dude. It's essential.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh, and its made by a Goon.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

:mrgw:

I found a mod that buffs the Dawnbringer... I feel like a jackass for buffing the weapon that I happen to be using, but it really is an insanely weak Daedric artifact once you get out of the early game so whatever. Also it makes it give off a cool yellowish light.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you monsters convinced me to resintall this and then mod it. i think i'm going to do the immersive weapons / armor, sperg, live a new life, deadly combat... maybe that one that makes elemental effects cooler.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I had a bit of fun and then I went into a dungeon (I think it's a modded one so it should have been fun) and it was loving awful. The combat in this game is just too loving boring and stupid and droll

Better keep on using this as a hiking simulator and never go do any goddamn dungeons

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the combat is so bad...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I TTHINK it's good

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnlUfPlLjKs

Dec 26, 2012

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

I had a bit of fun and then I went into a dungeon (I think it's a modded one so it should have been fun) and it was loving awful. The combat in this game is just too loving boring and stupid and droll

Better keep on using this as a hiking simulator and never go do any goddamn dungeons

you don't know what droll means.

Dec 26, 2012

probably just meant dull

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I had a post open with Inigo Montoya meme in but I went away and forgot about it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

your right

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I had a post open with Inigo Montoya meme in but I went away and forgot about it.

every tyime i see someone quote that, i think less of them as a person.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't give a poo poo.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

memes are awesome dude

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't give a poo poo.

Good use of the Johnny Carson meme.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

DICKHEAD posted:

memes are awesome dude

AGREED op

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I too hate when people quote one of the best and most quotable movies of all time, because I am a soggy turd

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My irony level is high enough that I can use any meme without pause.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

sector_corrector posted:

the combat is so bad...

Yeah I invariably end up making a sneak archer just so I can snipe people in one hit, to get combat over quickly. Then continue playing nordic hiking simulator.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
that's the sensible way to play skyrim. honourable mention for jacking up one handed + smithing + enchant and run up to things and dual wield them to death though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
deadly combat actually seems to make the combat suck even more

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

sector_corrector posted:

deadly combat actually seems to make the combat suck even more

It just doesn't work for dealing with multiple enemies. Which is a lot of the game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk what they could do to improve combat, given every other part of the game. i guess make it like that one might and magic FPS? idk...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really mind the combat even though it's pretty boring. I don't think a mod can fix that. At least using magic is slightly more than just pressing your Cast Spell bind. Morrowind and Oblivion had the exact same combat except somehow even less interesting. Especially Morrowind.

• Locked thread