Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can do three million and a face cam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Over the years I have seen multiple people tackle the Infamous series, but despite all the hype when it came out, I only remember one person taking on the Prototype series. I'd be curious to see how those stand up today.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Is there a Resistance 3 LP kicking around anywhere? Quarkjets did the first two way back in 2010/2011 but it seems they never got around to the third and final instalment in the series.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Is there a Resistance 3 LP kicking around anywhere? Quarkjets did the first two way back in 2010/2011 but it seems they never got around to the third and final instalment in the series.

not on SA. not yet.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

not on SA. not yet.
Right. Requesting one, then. :)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Two things: 1) the SOMA LP is finished, and 2) the Ghost Trick LP is dead. At least I assume so since all the videos are gone.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mraagvpeine posted:

Two things: 1) the SOMA LP is finished, and 2) the Ghost Trick LP is dead. At least I assume so since all the videos are gone.

There is already a very good ghost trick LP in the archive, unless you specifically mean a video one.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Khisanth Magus posted:

There is already a very good ghost trick LP in the archive, unless you specifically mean a video one.
He means a request for a video one, yeah. I think the OP still has it marked as on-going.

Research Indicates
Apr 11, 2007

That's coming out of your paycheck.

Niggurath posted:

I'm sure if we wish hard enough, Research Indicates will come back and we'll all hug and enjoy his soothing voice again.

If you love something, sometimes you have to let it go

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Research Indicates posted:

I'm your number one fan. There's nothing to worry about. You're going to be just fine. I will take good care of you. I'm your number one fan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Research Indicates posted:

Here's a hug either way....*hug*

AielloA
Dec 3, 2014
I would like to both request a SSLP of Stellaris, and re-request an SSLP of Elona+ (I requested one a while ago and it has since fallen off the list)

pigster
Dec 15, 2009

Halo 2

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

You just need a bit of patience. The Halo thread is on a bit of a hiatus after Halo 1, I think they'll be coming back to it to start with Halo 2 quite soon.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mraagvpeine posted:

Third, I'd like to request a LP for Fran Bow.

I have started a thread for it here.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
A hybrid let's play for The Misadventures of Tron Bonne on the PS1 would be cool. It's a really charming and fun spin-off to Mega Man Legends with a pretty surprising amount of content, and not nearly as many people have played it as either of the Legends games. On top of that, the one that's currently in the LPArchive used Viddler, and it seems like all the episodes have been taken down.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

The Colonel posted:

A hybrid let's play for The Misadventures of Tron Bonne on the PS1 would be cool. It's a really charming and fun spin-off to Mega Man Legends with a pretty surprising amount of content, and not nearly as many people have played it as either of the Legends games. On top of that, the one that's currently in the LPArchive used Viddler, and it seems like all the episodes have been taken down.
Well the videos are still available on the ol' archive: https://archive.org/details/LP_Misadventures_of_Tron_Bonne but yeah, it could probably stand to have a new one either way.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

http://lparchive.org/Halo-2/
https://archive.org/details/LP_Halo_2

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Now that Lune's Syphon Filter megathread is over, could I place a request for a new VLP of the Syphon Filter series?

Caveats: No :torgue:, no :regd08:-style humor, no movie clips edited to feature game characters, no loud voice clips that mute everything else in the videos, and no spoilers for other games outside the series. Alternatively, just give me an informative cut of Lune's LP that resembles his excellent Ace Combat 03: electrosphere videos.

I guess I hate fun? :shrug: I almost don't really want to post this because it reads like I'm asking for a longplay. I just want to see and hear the games themselves and not have to hear a joke that's outlived its welcome in my head.
Nigel Cummings and Torgue can join the graveyard of catchphrases, comfortably nestled between Dead to Rights and Frolf stands for Frog Golf.

I don't expect anyone to fulfill this request though due to the extremely positive reception Lunethex's threads get (which is ultimately well deserved because Lune pours a lot of time and effort into recording and editing and does a great job on both fronts) as they'll probably just interpret it as whiney personal attack, so I probably won't renew it once it expires.

A4 Steak Sauce
May 9, 2016
Future Cop: L.A.P.D (PSX/MAC/PC)

A great top down action game involving a hovercraft that can transform into a bipedal attack mech and a sassy dispatch officer bringing law to the torn up streets of LA.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

A4 Steak Sauce posted:

Future Cop: L.A.P.D (PSX/MAC/PC)

A great top down action game involving a hovercraft that can transform into a bipedal attack mech and a sassy dispatch officer bringing law to the torn up streets of LA.

It also had a cool as heck VS mode with an "evolving" AI when playing solo! I found myself playing that mode more than the regular game. I wanted to see what the best AI looked like.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looks like someone is doing Star Ocean 4. May God have mercy.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Years ago, I can't remember how many, there was a horror game megathread that was full of people showing off a lot of different types of horror games. Mainly ones made in RPG maker. However everyone who contributed to it made it fun and interesting and I'd love to see something like that come back.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Spudd posted:

Years ago, I can't remember how many, there was a horror game megathread that was full of people showing off a lot of different types of horror games. Mainly ones made in RPG maker. However everyone who contributed to it made it fun and interesting and I'd love to see something like that come back.
It was three years ago, in the Summer Spooktacular thread. Not sure if requesting peeps to make a new megathread as opposed to asking for a game or series is a thing for the request thread, though. At the very least, it might be better to look up what specific games you want shown off so Blind Sally might be able to add them to the list individually, but if it's okay to ask for megathreads I'd second your request.

I don't think anyone asked Baldurk to archive any of the games shown off in the Spooktacular, myself included. :shrug: Charkie stopped updating the OP and second post at some point, also. Might be worth just re-requesting a lot of them if they've had any substantial updates. I know Ib had a new scenario added or somesuch at some point, at least.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
requesting a let's play of the exciting sequel to Bad Rats, Bad Rats Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq46xLbQE6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOWYXSTXqSg

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Wait, did people ironically gift Bad Rats so much that they actually funded a sequel!? :psyduck:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, did people ironically gift Bad Rats so much that they actually funded a sequel!? :psyduck:

I know Jobbo gave like 5 people copies of it (including me) :mad:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
people loved gifting that loving game. this dude got five: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wY4NNGW8LM

EDIT: (I bet Jobbo gave him a copy)

Sally fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 21, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
And yet I still can't get a copy of 007 Legends on Steam...

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

I know Jobbo gave like 5 people copies of it (including me) :mad:

Confirmation that the Ironic Steam Gift target market is viable.

Bad Rats pioneered the ISG genre, but not on purpose. I think.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The irony. It earns.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I notice there are no Monster Hunter gen 4 LPs. I dunno if that's just because they're all handheld?

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Powerfrog posted:

I notice there are no Monster Hunter gen 4 LPs. I dunno if that's just because they're all handheld?
3DSes with vidcap are a tad on the expensive side, yeah. There's some goons that have it but I'm not sure if MonHun's their jam.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Someone needs to do Bad Rats Show :unsmigghh:

EDIT: Somehow missed Blind Sally's own request, in which case consider this my seconding the suggestion!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 23, 2016

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

ElTipejoLoco posted:

3DSes with vidcap are a tad on the expensive side, yeah. There's some goons that have it but I'm not sure if MonHun's their jam.

The last I heard they're scaling upwards of $700 to get them installed. Has that gone down or has anyone on the net supplied them cheaper?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Are there any Goon LPs of Return to Castle Wolfenstein besides the old one by Kefkafloyd in the archives? If not, suppose requesting a new one. I haven't watched it, so not like there's anything wrong with it (or maybe there is?) but I don't much care for archive.org's video player and given the age of the LP and the recent success of the utterly brilliant Wolfenstein TNO/The Old Blood, I imagine a new LP could be worthwhile.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Are there any Goon LPs of Return to Castle Wolfenstein besides the old one by Kefkafloyd in the archives? If not, suppose requesting a new one. I haven't watched it, so not like there's anything wrong with it (or maybe there is?) but I don't much care for archive.org's video player and given the age of the LP and the recent success of the utterly brilliant Wolfenstein TNO/The Old Blood, I imagine a new LP could be worthwhile.

There's a megathread here that will eventually include it. The chap doing it is going through the entire Doom family of games, including Wolfenstein, in order of release. He is currently on Doom 2, so it'll be a bit though.

edit: Dammit formatting fail.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 24, 2016

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

LogicalFallacy posted:

There's a megathread here that will eventually include it. The chap doing it is going through the entire Doom family of games, including Wolfenstein, in order of release. He is currently on Doom 2, so it'll be a bit though.

edit: Dammit formatting fail.

Huh. I had seen that thread on the thread listings, but didn't think they'd be covering it. Nice. Thanks!

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
Is it too early to request I Am Setsuna [SSLP]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
no

• Locked thread