Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Ice Phisherman posted:

speaking their inner narrative

I'm from a secular background (dad described himself as a 'Unitarian, I guess' when kid-me asked him about it) but I grew up/continue to live in Eastern Kansas - it ain't the south, but being exposed to a lot of the 'fiscally conservative, socially liberal' mindset has helped me communicate demsoc ideas to republicans without setting off their shutdown defenses

so yeah if you grew up around lovely opinions, take heart at least that it gives you the ability to speak their language- thx for the effortpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I've been thinking lately that since a lot of the GOP initial opposition to Trump had more to do with him blowing the lid off the, how do you say, Inner Narrative than it had to do with his actual politics- I can't help but think Trump's election disrupts the 'frog-boil' fascism that the GOP has been setting up for decades. Like- the Tax Bill fuckin' blows, but it also seemed hastily dumped out there since they weren't counting on having to deal with electoral blowback this quickly, this cycle.

It's not the most optimistic thing- 'all the horrible stuff they're doing is because they're stumbling on a plan change', given that you really don't have to be all that savvy to ruin this country- but it's been in the back of my mind this week

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yeah I'm gonna check outta this thread until it hits cspam

• Locked thread