Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Anyone can tell you to go fill out an application at Starbucks, but I'm guessing you came here for something more. Could you give us a bit more information about your situation? For example:

Are you in a small college town in the middle of nowhere, a medium sized city, or a huge city? Do you have a car or access to reliable public transportation? Do you qualify for programs like work study that give you a leg up on school jobs? Can you give us your major or a general idea of what your major is? Have you ever worked a job anywhere, no matter how small or "silly"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

You could try applying to bullshit data entry jobs - just play up your ability to learn new computer programs. Have you done any volunteering beyond a random hour/afternoon once a year? Do you have any hobbies (not gaming) that involve doing stuff with other people? Those could also help.

I was an accounting assistant at my university when I was still in school. I believe my only qualification was being a math major, which made me "good with numbers", and the money was just booze and party money. When I graduated in 2008 my original career path crashed and burned with the global economy, but I was able to use the accounting experience to get my foot into a company doing some real basic accounting work. I've since moved up to being company controller, all thanks to some bullshit part time accounting job in college.

If you can't get a paid position doing animation work, try getting experience that could be used for a backup plan if things fall to poo poo later on in your life. So much dumb poo poo happens to all of us - it's never a bad idea to have backup skills.

• Locked thread