Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007

vermeul posted:

get this guy in right now. I mean he stickied this poo poo he has the $$$ to buy us all plex.

He didn't buy platinum yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
hello OP what is your favourite anime?

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Recoome posted:

hello OP what is your favourite anime?

when i was young, dragon ball, and dragon ball z. not because of your fake saiyan who followed Jita around like a dog and lasted 13 episodes, but because of gohan and seeing him grow from a baby to a loving kick rear end super hero.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

smg77 posted:

He didn't buy platinum yet.

hey now, ive only been on for a day, can i get some foreplay in before i seal the deal?

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Hey OP, can you buy me a JF tia.

are you hacking my account, i literally just bought one today to move all my poo poo up north.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

drakegrim posted:

hey now, ive only been on for a day, can i get some foreplay in before i seal the deal?

Platinum is the price of admission. You must have at least platinum to enjoy this ride.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's okay he spent the extra :10bux: on a new Av for me instead, I saw we give him the vouch.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

darth cookie posted:

This'll do for that boat loan application I'm making.

You know what boat stands for? Bust out another thousand, at least that's what Rick from Pawnstars taught me.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Alright goons, you win. You've convinced me that Eve has the dumbest players out of any MMO in existence. Think about it. We've never had these type of threads for any other games. No one jumps in and proclaims how gay they are for WoW for example.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Alright goons, you win. You've convinced me that Eve has the dumbest players out of any MMO in existence. Think about it. We've never had these type of threads for any other games. No one jumps in and proclaims how gay they are for WoW for example.

Richest you mean. He can't not be a troll.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
Army guys has the best applications texts full of self entitlement.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
This is some good poo poo right here

Purplesmurf
Feb 2, 2015
Hey there m8 O7 to you. Is your ingame toonie name the same as your forum name?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
I was summoned from my internet spaceship simulator to let OP know that i too, am gay.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
We need to get him some iskies.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

Greetings capsuleer,

I am Lt. Colonel Aryndel Vyst of the GoonWaffe Squadron. Pleasure to meet your acquantaince. First off I would like to welcome you back into New Eden o7m8. If you would like to fly with us in our squadron so you can bring your toonie on oppies and mishies with us, maybe even spot a mommy or two then please purchase a premium account here and PM me with a 500 word introduction on why we should accept you into our flight group?

I look forward to flying with you soon.

Sincere regards,

Aryndel Vyst,
Director of Personnel Operations
Authorization Logisitical Command
GoonWaffe
Office: VFK-IV

Thanks for the offer, I only have 41mil SP but I can fly everything Minmatar fully fit blah blah. It’s been a few years since I played so skill wise, I am not up to par and the reason I said I did not want to join right now. Coming from a military and DoD background, and a director at a 4 bil company, I follow direction extremely well and don’t ask questions of my command leader unless I feel something is a bad call and not outside my scope of understanding. I give complete loyalty to whom I work with, fly with and die with. Like I said in the e-mail, I have only thought about goons because of a past colleague, and the mentality goons carry with them. I am looking for a group that mesh well with through interest and personality, sitting around bullshitting, or getting loving serious for war/suicide squads/camps whatever, I want to be around people that can separate the mindset. Talking poo poo is the heart of humanity, so I welcome it and anti-trollable.

PVP: I mostly tackled for gate camps, or bombed in war. At this point though I am completely new to PVP again and figured I would learn from the people that invented PVP so not to start off with any bad habits. I don’t cringe over the idea of losing a 6 bil ship, it’s a loving game. If the CEO, or alliance leader tells me to start training in something else, I will do so and drop all training right now to make sure I meet the needs of the corp and the alliance. I want to make sure I am an asset in every op that we go on to ensure that we win as a team.

Economy: I have put together a plan to start a crowd funding in game kind of like “Lending Club” that would make a lot of money if there is interest in the game for such a service. I will not go into great detail about that right now.
Just to be transparent, I flew with Nuts-and-bolts for a long time and only followed one guy that introduced me into the game, so whatever alliance he went with I went with. That being said I do not think I was in any alliances that would conflict with CFC accept maybe NC, but I have not been a part of that for 2 years now and not sure if CFC has good standings or bad standings with CFC. I have not had any communication with past friends for 2 years now, and I am more than open to giving an API out for a full back ground check.

I am a network architect and run my own personal datacenter so I can host a various amount of services if the Alliance should ever need rack space for a project for free.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Thanks for the offer, I only have 41mil SP but I can fly everything Minmatar fully fit blah blah. It’s been a few years since I played so skill wise, I am not up to par and the reason I said I did not want to join right now. Coming from a military and DoD background, and a director at a 4 bil company, I follow direction extremely well and don’t ask questions of my command leader unless I feel something is a bad call and not outside my scope of understanding. I give complete loyalty to whom I work with, fly with and die with. Like I said in the e-mail, I have only thought about goons because of a past colleague, and the mentality goons carry with them. I am looking for a group that mesh well with through interest and personality, sitting around bullshitting, or getting loving serious for war/suicide squads/camps whatever, I want to be around people that can separate the mindset. Talking poo poo is the heart of humanity, so I welcome it and anti-trollable.

PVP: I mostly tackled for gate camps, or bombed in war. At this point though I am completely new to PVP again and figured I would learn from the people that invented PVP so not to start off with any bad habits. I don’t cringe over the idea of losing a 6 bil ship, it’s a loving game. If the CEO, or alliance leader tells me to start training in something else, I will do so and drop all training right now to make sure I meet the needs of the corp and the alliance. I want to make sure I am an asset in every op that we go on to ensure that we win as a team.

Economy: I have put together a plan to start a crowd funding in game kind of like “Lending Club” that would make a lot of money if there is interest in the game for such a service. I will not go into great detail about that right now.
Just to be transparent, I flew with Nuts-and-bolts for a long time and only followed one guy that introduced me into the game, so whatever alliance he went with I went with. That being said I do not think I was in any alliances that would conflict with CFC accept maybe NC, but I have not been a part of that for 2 years now and not sure if CFC has good standings or bad standings with CFC. I have not had any communication with past friends for 2 years now, and I am more than open to giving an API out for a full back ground check.

I am a network architect and run my own personal datacenter so I can host a various amount of services if the Alliance should ever need rack space for a project for free.

same

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Please DO NOT joke about my resume to apply to eve on line

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
It seems eve is currently down. If it was hosted in his datacenter this sort of poo poo would not happen.

Rhadimanthius64
Apr 11, 2014

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.
Obligatory, summoned from Menu-Navigator Online, to notify the OP that "same".

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

I don't think the CFC is on good terms with the CFC but that is only my observation

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

darthzeta88 posted:

I don't think the CFC is on good terms with the CFC but that is only my observation

I thought self hatred was the very cornerstone of the CFC.

Or at least CFC recruiters.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
drakegrim best grim lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bigbillthaboss posted:

drakegrim best grim lol

shut the gently caress up bill

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

These are gold-plated credentials.

Space political saavy? Check.
Willingness to blindly obey? Check.
Self-aware enough to know when you overrule said blind obedience for the greater good? Check.
"Lending Club" bleeding edge economical dynamo? Check.
Absolute disconnect from previous friends and allies that may smudge reputation with hoped-for new friends and allies? Check.
Anti-trollable? Check.
Free rack space and IT expertise? Check.

You're basically in Waffe already, friend, because what is Waffe other than a group of expert Eve players that utilize SA as a safe meeting ground for meta gaming strategy?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
same

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cimber posted:

We need to get him some iskies.

How's your shed, dude?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Is this where I go to increase my post count

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

this is what i want to do reading posts in this thread

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Thank you for your service.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How's your shed, dude?

My shed? its fine, thanks for asking. I eventually was able to get the town to allow it, so its now nice and legal.

Thus I put up a deck without asking for a permit. I guess i never learn.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
The time I played EVE were the best 2 days of my life.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Thank you for your service.

appreciate it.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Dr. Pangloss posted:

These are gold-plated credentials.

Space political saavy? Check.
Willingness to blindly obey? Check.
Self-aware enough to know when you overrule said blind obedience for the greater good? Check.
"Lending Club" bleeding edge economical dynamo? Check.
Absolute disconnect from previous friends and allies that may smudge reputation with hoped-for new friends and allies? Check.
Anti-trollable? Check.
Free rack space and IT expertise? Check.

You're basically in Waffe already, friend, because what is Waffe other than a group of expert Eve players that utilize SA as a safe meeting ground for meta gaming strategy?

I have no problem offering up a SSL/OpenVPN/Ipsec into the Datacenter for anything we would need to do.

x1 juniper SRX 210 (have another coming in to put in a cluster
x1 Juniper ex2200
x1 Palo-Alto firewall
x2 pfsense server for VPN with OpenVPN
x4 Dell 2970 poweredge
x1 dell 1950 poweredge
all servers run ESXI 5
MS 2012 server AD structure
Linux e-mail server fully integrated into MS windows AD with Cal, contact support on iPhone and Outlook
Linux bind server
XMPP server for VOIP communications
Teamspeak server
2 UPS for battery backup.

This is all personally owned, all security, networking and servers are owned and set up by myself.

I have a MPLS over GRE set up to my company for IPv6 space.

I worked as a RnD in DoD after military service coming up with the NextGen internet that consisted of a full MPLS architecture with IPv6. Now i am involed with the next evolution of SDN with OpenFLOW and XMPP using arista switch's and juniper MX routers.

drakegrim fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 29, 2015

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

notanarsonist posted:

I was summoned from my internet spaceship simulator to let OP know that i too, am gay.

you know what they say, its not gay untill some one cums ... :\

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Press F to call op a fag

F

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

F

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

drakegrim posted:

It's not gay as long as you don't look each other in the eyes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

drakegrim posted:

I've never heard that said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Press F to call op a fag

F

OP has plat now so we have to be nice to him.

• Locked thread