Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silencekit
May 1, 2014

My band Trash Gendar just put out our debut EP, "Mass Canon". It started as a space opera writing/recording project but ended up taking some weird turns, and now it has some bizarre found sound stuff and lots of silly drum machine noises. We worked really hard on it, and we're basically happy with it (but we ran out of money and time so we couldn't do all of the things that we wanted to do). Have a listen on our shiny new Bandcamp, and let me know what you think! https://trashgendar.bandcamp.com

I'm the one with the high whiney voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
This is a good EP and you should feel good. Standout track for me would have to be Desperation Seagull. It's got a spooky vibe going on, I like it a lot. It also has the "distorted/murmured talking in the back" thing I always fall for. Second would be Spin, which I liked since it was a demo. It reminds me a lot of Thirteen Tales era Dandy Warhols in this form.

I remember listening to a bunch of these in demo form and I'm actually surprised at how quick everyone else seems to go from demo to finished. These are good songs. All of them are well done and good. I think it's the right combination of style for me, although I still do like what other goons put out in ML.

Anyway, I bought it for what I could (The AUD/USD rate sucks right now). Keep doing your thing.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Thank you very much, dude. Much appreciated. Desperation Seagull is kind of my favorite poo poo too. Playing it live is really, really fun (and there's not a ton of purely fun moments on this record, so that's important).

Come back to the sketches thread. Post something new.

• Locked thread