Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
Having found a good niche, I set up a FB and Twitter page, as well as the website for my niche. I haven't started advertising yet, because I want to get the site fully vetted, but have already started posting/blogging. Obviously not a ton of followers(outside of some friends who have liked/followed). The question is: If I take content from some of my suppliers, that they already have on their page, and reblog it, will that help to increase my page rank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Great question. Duplicated content isn't necassary bad and Google won't penalize you for it. However, your site will most likely never rank very high because of it organically. Think of it like this, there 10 sites out there with the same content as yours which also have all been indexed before yours. These site also probably have higher domain authority than your site since they been around longer. Google will show theirs, and sites with unique content, before yours since they had it first.

So having stolen content isn't bad if you are hoping to convert your traffic into sales, since the content probably has had a lot of thought put into to increase sales. But the content most likely won't bring in new traffic from Google search.

This makes sense. How risky is this from a DMCA/takedown notice if I start reposting videos/rehosting them?

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

so I ran my 100$ through AdWords. These are lower search terms, but I appeared as basically the only advertiser for the entire day yesterday. I'm confused as to why it was as expensive to bid as it was. 22 clicks cost me an average of $4.54 per click. No conversions sadly and 1 abandoned cart, per google analytics. Is this something worth pursuing? Or should I just let SEO build it up in search listings? I've been actively blogging/social media posting about it, and am starting to get likes. Also have a cheap marketing strategy that I figure I can implement over the next few months.

Should I follow this?

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

First thing I would suggest is turning of Display Select. Also, I bet there is a way to drastically lower those CPC. What is the break down of your Quality Scores on your keywords?

EDIT: Also I am curious if there cross pollination with your campaigns and ad groups. Do you also have search terms in different adgroups or campaign that are similar queries?

Example:
Ad Group A - flat screen tv 40 inch
Ad Group B - 44 inch flat screen television

If you have pollination, you could be raising your own costs artificially by competing against yourself.

I've removed Display Select

so I tweaked my bid down to the minimum to appear on the first page(under 2$ a click), and I'll run another 50$ to it. I did have two ads using the same keywords, so i was competing.

Quality score on KW1: 5 or 6/10
KW2: 1/10. I've disabled it, it had a high CPC compared to the other kW's too
KW3: 5 or 6/10

Should I consider paying CPA and having a purchase be an action I will pay for? Hell I'd pay 50$ per action if it happened and still make some money.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
Both active keywords have a quality score of 5/10. The below average bit is the Clickthrough rate.

SnatchDuster, do you have a non-forums medium to discuss on?

• Locked thread