Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Glad for your help next year on analysis. Here's hoping to send more your way, although most of what I'm doing lately is straight dev instead of metrics work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

If it does, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Bing in many ways is better than Google. The biggest two are cheaper cost per clicks and less competition. The best ROAS I've seen for an ecommerce company was on Bing since their CPA were ~70% lower than Adwords. If your product has decent volume Google, Bing will do really well for returns. Probably not when it comes to volume of conversions.
I found Bing was 70%-80% cheaper at the cost of customer support being 300% worse. And my keywords fill INSTANTLY in google...in Bing it might take a week to build equal volume.

America isn't using Bing very much.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Anyone have case studies for cpc success in wide, 300+ SKU rental stores? I have an in at a rental house or two but my searching is weak. (Or nobody has written about such places).

They're a geographically succinct retailer, getting most of their traffic from online, but renting things in person.

Edit: Sent them a few studies relevant to the bits and pieces (increased conversion, huge SKU #s, easy maintenance).

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 22, 2015

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It's a shame this thread went dormant. The changes from Google's revision are visible and Yahoo/Bing are still circling the drain, while FB has done a lot to stay relevant, and men are joining Pinterest.

Latest Google Changes from their May announcement.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Out of curiosity, how hard is it to get started with this today and be successful? I'm assuming more and more niches/markets are getting saturated - is that accurate, or not really?

New products are invented daily. Some businesses that were great a few years ago are now unactive trash, moved to page 5 of Google for being mobile unfriendly.

quote:

I wonder if my budgeting business would have benefited from this.
What kind of budgeting? It's very very difficult to make money teaching people to save their money. Corporate accountancy is different but I imagine reputation matters in that field?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Using Adwords to generate leads is solid. Most of my clients are b2b lead gen companies from SaaS to Insurance. If you are a CPA or something similar than yea, you can use Adwords or Bing Ads to bring in clients.

What's your pricing structure? Clients always want "A percentage of what you earn, nothing else" while my devs would prefer "a straight hourly paycheck even if we sell 3 Dinglehorfers in a quarter."

Unstated is that there's more to Adwords than just running the campaign: there's landing pages, followup, email list, standardizing client communication (so that La Petite Chaussure doesn't start its Delivery emails with "Sup, Brah?"), A/B tests and multi-platform testing...

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You have a slick sales team if you get them to buy you chairs then pay you to sit down. Sounds like 3Q also has a foot rest stipend.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

First question: ungrammatical uses of keywords don't work, and if they do, they won't survive a long time. Google is the largest company online, search is their main revenue source, so any shortcut you take will eventually be outed. (This one stopped working in 2014 if I recall correctly.)

Is SEO boring? It depends on what you're doing. If you like restructuring webpages, SEO is a factor. The pages you'll be fixing probably also have Bad load times and unoptimized assets.

I would love if you worked on text to speech, as I'm dictating this post and I've had to go back quite a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

What does everyone use to keep current on FB ads? I could use a sounding board for one of my staff as we develop skillsets.

• Locked thread