Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010
Anyone have any experience with using the free ecommerce website from e-sources as the initial tester once you select a product and niche? I'm in the UK and would be marketing to the UK and it sounds like it could be a quick and dirty trialling platform, so I'm curious if anyone else has used them and if they have any experience they could share?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010

Convexed posted:

Sorry - I didn't make myself clear. So the company rebranded and changed its website. It seems like SEO wasn't taken into account though.

Actually, the site doesn't do very well on search. So they probably didn't think it was worth taking into account.

However there's this one term, and for some reason we're right there on Google - first page. It also happens to be the source of 50% our inbound leads.

That page will now appear on the new website, but with a different URL. Is there any way to save that SERP placement from the old page?

Sorry - I'm sure you can tell I'm a super noob here. SEO and technical marketing isn't my day jerb. :)

Set up a 301 redirect from the old page to the new and do it quick in case the page gets delisted. Plenty of resources out there to show you how :)

E: And do this for other old pages if you can, so incoming links aren't broken as that'll help as well.

Molotov Cock Tale fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread