Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Back here again. My last niche failed hard and I wondered of sharing my experience would help. Also I need to find a new one!

So I did some research (never enough is it) and stumbled upon Ukuleles... The little guitar type things. See I found a couple of suppliers who would drop ship them and the keywords were medium traffic and low competition. I made a shopify site and it looked great. I ran the test and didn't get a sale. I burned the $100 google credit and nothing. So I stopped advertising and worked on blog content, and trying to rank organically. When it eventually ranked organically my traffic was ok but still no one bought them. Turns out people want to strum a uke before they buy and this I hadn't considered... What if it was low competition because people don't buy these types of products online. Everything was golden except the bloody product I chose.

So from here I am apprehensive about burning time and effort again for no return. I am looking at perhaps referrals, probably amazon but also interested in other referral systems people are using.

Oh and if someone could share their settings from the top of Market Samurai that would be awesome. That software is still confusing as poo poo to me!

Would you take this on?

http://imgur.com/ZcIvKoi

The top one is a the manufacturers website (they don't sell direct), the second is amazon but a more expensive version to the one i would link to, third and forth are resellers and the rest is shite like youtube and facebook...

thegasman2000 fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

Mantle posted:

I'm going to take a staycation next month and it will be a perfect time to sit down and put up a store. Last time I used that samurai tool to do keyword research, is there anything better now? What is considered a good volume result these days?

I am using Market Samurai and after a million updates it works well!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I found a niche! I have a test site up and am running bing ads as they are cheap as gently caress. 100 impressions and no clicks though :(

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Changed the ad up a bit and testing again. I am learning the whole Adwords thing on the fly and made a few mistakes... Such as I only advertiser in the uk and Ireland where I wanted to worldwide!

I need a resource to read on making ppc ads people want to click if anyone has any recommendations?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

fruit loop posted:

Anyone know how wrong the Market Samurai SEOT numbers are? Seems like the highest sub-1000 SEOT score I've seen is 835, and the lowest super-1000 SEOT score I've seen is 1022. The thing is, I've seen a ton of keywords with SEOTs of 835, and I'm wondering just how many of those might actually be keywords with > 1000 SEOT that MS is simply innaccurate for.

I think SEOT is searches * 0.42...

Weirdly i saw an SEOT of 1022 today!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Saw this and wondered if it would be of any use to goons!
http://www.spyfu.com/

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

fruit loop posted:

Don't do this. Even if goons weren't going to (there's very likely someone who will), you should know that sometimes non-goons can read, too.

Back when erotica thread was thing, there were people who were getting negative reviews and ripoffs of the successful stories mentioned in the thread. And there are certainly other - more tightly-knit - forums where jumping in on niches other people posted in confidence is a thing.

Do spoiler tags work against non-goon infiltration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Yeah new products have always been where it's at. Well there and creating your own new product! I found a great keyword with a decent amount of bing ads traffic and no sales so either my products are not good enough, or the keyword is more informational even though my ad did say for sale in it, or my site just wasn't good enough.

They exist but I don't think people really think niche enough. Like don't target people with dogs target people who walk dogs for a living. Or people with Labrador's.

• Locked thread