Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
I've been making website for a few years now, just for fun, and recently started to try to monetize them on the side. Unfortunately I haven't made anything good that can be monetized, so I've decided to start from scratch and follow this model, which I had discovered a few years back but didn't pursue at the time. I'm located in France, and I thought it a good opportunity to try and corner a relatively emerging market (France is always a bit behind everybody in tech) for some niche marketing, preferably dropship.

Am I right in thinking that since I am targeting only French citizens would give me very poor SEOT results and I should expect lower returns, or is it because I need to get better at finding niches? I'm using daily SEOT in market samurai, not sure if that's the correct setting but it seemed to be implied in the OP.

Absorbs Smaller Goons fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Yeah, I found a few niches (more generic than niche, but still targeted products) that get a SEOT of 20-50k/month. Competition is low and not that good, so there's that point in my favor. Most of the stuff I am finding is only being disregarded because of poor SEOT results, not competitors, as the results are mostly dominated by big box outlets. Most of them have no SEO optimization that I can see, only amazon does.

Problem with going Europe wide is language and poor usability of research programs. It's kinda hard to target a region comprised of a lot of countries so my research basically limits itself to the 6-8 big. Also market samurai is really not evident for that, basically have to do one research per country.

I also found out after reading 30 pages of the old thread that the old google update of 2013(?) that made PBR useless also meant that SEOT is now mostly exact match and most representative of who will want to go to your site. Feel free to correct if I misinterpreted that. Further research outside of these forums pointed to people basically saying that anything over 100 daily is golden as far as SEOT goes (not sure about the targeted population size though). I'm not really buying into that, but for a lower population I guess those are ok numbers for low maintenance affiliates sites. Dropshipping is pretty much a hit and miss, I'd have to get on top of a new product fast, but the demand is likely to hit the country way later than elsewhere. I've also hit a wall as far as dropshipping goes, which is where the OP came into full play, there is not a lot of reliable dropshippers that I can easily find in Europe! I did find a French fulfillment center, so that aspect is covered if need be. As far as direct dropshipping goes, the only big reliable one I found is bigbuy.eu, I haven't actually targeted specific manufacturers yet but that'll go after the test parts if they succeed.

• Locked thread