Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The angles were all well done and cool, the main event was great. Maybe I'm just spoiled by New Japan and the indies though because the rest just seemed kind of meh

Wyatt/Taker was a lovely match, Sting/HHH was a lovely match that was probably really awesome if you had any interest in seeing the nWo, but I'm so loving sick of those guys that it just sucked. The women's tag was fine, the ladder match was fine but nothing special, Cena/Rusev seemed like an average at best match but maybe that's just because I was expecting more from it. The finish was also trash especially with it being randomly telegraphed by them having Lana throw her shoes into the ring so she could take the bump without dying. (Seriously wtf was that about). Orton/Rollins had a cool finish to an otherwise forgettable Raw quality match.

It's a weird show in that it was way better than I expected and the main event to me definitely made it a very good show, but nothing on the undercard was very interesting and I don't know if there was any single match that I'd ever want to see again.

Oh well, I'll just take it as a positive that despite how lovely WWE has been lately and the fact that I usually only watch 1/3rd of Raw before I turn the channel or fall asleep I still watched this entire show and was into it and the ~wrestlemania experience~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Bryan has been my favorite since I got into this silly show last year, and I hope they do something with him having the IC title. I know they'll gently caress it up as they always have, but I can't help but hope they give him a deathgrip on that belt for a year+ with none of that "IC holder loses every single non-title match" bullshit. If they're going to keep him out of the main event then they can at least do that.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Twisted Eye posted:

all this post-WM discussion and not enough talk about that incredible curbstomp->rko counter I lost my voice after that move alone

so good my god

If there is an RKO/cutter or whatever better than this please post it, because oh my god that was one of my favorite moves of all time.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The angles were all well done and cool, the main event was great. Maybe I'm just spoiled by New Japan and the indies though because the rest just seemed kind of meh

Wyatt/Taker was a lovely match, Sting/HHH was a lovely match that was probably really awesome if you had any interest in seeing the nWo, but I'm so loving sick of those guys that it just sucked. The women's tag was fine, the ladder match was fine but nothing special, Cena/Rusev seemed like an average at best match but maybe that's just because I was expecting more from it. The finish was also trash especially with it being randomly telegraphed by them having Lana throw her shoes into the ring so she could take the bump without dying. (Seriously wtf was that about). Orton/Rollins had a cool finish to an otherwise forgettable Raw quality match.

It's a weird show in that it was way better than I expected and the main event to me definitely made it a very good show, but nothing on the undercard was very interesting and I don't know if there was any single match that I'd ever want to see again.

Oh well, I'll just take it as a positive that despite how lovely WWE has been lately and the fact that I usually only watch 1/3rd of Raw before I turn the channel or fall asleep I still watched this entire show and was into it and the ~wrestlemania experience~

I mostly agree with that, but to me the one thing that helped the show the most was the announcers actually called the matches instead of making GBS threads on everything and goofing off. Really helps getting stuff that would usually be considered mediocre to the next level.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

purkey posted:

If there is an RKO/cutter or whatever better than this please post it, because oh my god that was one of my favorite moves of all time.

the only one that comes close is when he caught sydal during the ssp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f70WSKnDyb0

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

purkey posted:

Randy's shoulder was a springboard for Seth, who managed to launch himself something like what, six feet into the air? That's banana.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sigma posted:

Aren't those just Scramble match rules, more or less?

Without a countdown timer and fewer people.

I really want one of those extra tall WrasslorMonkey gifs now, like the reverse of the one where Rey gets thrown into the abyss.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Ah ha! Theeeere it is~

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

NickRoweFillea posted:

the only one that comes close is when he caught sydal during the ssp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f70WSKnDyb0

Yeah, that's cool as hell.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Tr33 posted:

I mostly agree with that, but to me the one thing that helped the show the most was the announcers actually called the matches instead of making GBS threads on everything and goofing off. Really helps getting stuff that would usually be considered mediocre to the next level.

Yeah, the presentation was really good overall. The entrances were cool, the announcing was actually good, the video packages were good.

Everything about the show was legitimately awesome except that at least for me personally the main event was the only match that I actually cared about or thought was particularly interesting in the ring

edit: I have to take that back partially if only because HHH's entrance was probably the funniest/worst thing ever. But I guess that actually made it kind of awesome...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

About roman reigns " he don't seem like he can wrestle " - my mom

MMA moms have good opinions but it seems like wrestling moms have bad ones.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

MMA moms have good opinions but it seems like wrestling moms have bad ones.

sorry you are jealous about not having a cool mom and projecting

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

I just caught up. Did everyone see that horseshit HHH entrance where they used iMovie and a Lifetouch backdrop to try to make a retired governor look intimidating? Or the stumpy robot t-rex arms they glued to HHH's shoulder pads? Great times at the Wrestlemania.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

I'm so happy that Seth celebrated up the ramp so JAG THINDH couldn't ruin another victory party.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

freud mayweather posted:

I just caught up. Did everyone see that horseshit HHH entrance where they used iMovie and a Lifetouch backdrop to try to make a retired governor look intimidating? Or the stumpy robot t-rex arms they glued to HHH's shoulder pads? Great times at the Wrestlemania.

yeah that was so loving bad that it actually circled around to the point where it completely owned

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
JAG THINDH was the best sign

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm kind of puzzled what they're doing with Bray next (real answer: It's WWE, they'll do nothing), as they seemingly fed the guy a winning feud with Ambrose, the Iron Man spot in the Royal Rumble, and all sorts of stuff to generally pick him back up from the scrap heap...and then he loses to Taker so JBL can yell about how it's still his yard. I'm guessing the usual thing happens and he beats the snot out of Taker tomorrow to send him away for another year, but it's all just kind of weird.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

freud mayweather posted:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

DeathChicken posted:

he beats the snot out of Taker tomorrow to send him away for another year,
We won't be seeing Taker again until his entrance at WM32.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I haven't had a chance to watch the pre-show matches. Are they worth the time or should I just accept the results I've read and move on with my life?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope that's a new model of Terminator in the movie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That Trips entrance was so loving bad I could not accurately figure out what my eyes were seeing. It shouldn't have happened, but since it did I have to ask:

Why the gently caress didn't Sting call his good friend RoboCop?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Archbishop Karaoke posted:

I'm so happy that Seth celebrated up the ramp so JAG THINDH couldn't ruin another victory party.

tfw you will never be JAG THINDH

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

That Trips entrance was so loving bad I could not accurately figure out what my eyes were seeing. It shouldn't have happened, but since it did I have to ask:

Why the gently caress didn't Sting call his good friend RoboCop?

Sting's a busy man. You think it's easy to bedazzle an entire Sgt Peppers jacket?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch the pre-show matches. Are they worth the time or should I just accept the results I've read and move on with my life?

The tag match is good. The battle royal is good in the sense of "WWE Hates the Viewers: Condensed Version"

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

AlmightyPants posted:

The tag four way was basically an ECW tag match with a bunch of convoluted spots and random people in the ring, depends if you like that sort of thing. The battle royal was only good for Mizdow turning on Miz really, everything good in it was counterbalanced by dumb poo poo with Big Show and whoever

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

Tag match was fun, ARMBAR had Axel getting Slatered as soon as the match started, Itami debuting, Bo returning, Ascension actually going over anyone, Mizdow turning on Miz, and the rest of it was a rehash of the worst parts of the Rumble

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

If they had just let Sandow eke out a surprise win over Big Show in the Battle Royale, it would have been a good match. Big Show winning just makes the thing so... pointless. They also broke up Mizdow, which is a storyline that's been going on for like four months, in an un-televised segment.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Baby Babbeh posted:

They also broke up Mizdow, which is a storyline that's been going on for like four months, in an un-televised segment.

...huh? Does the network not count or something?

joecamnet
Jan 21, 2007
Bound Together Whore
I loved Mania. Pretty much all of it. I didn't over analyze poo poo, I didn't get my hopes up for anything special, I just turned my brain off and enjoyed everything. The only REAL complaint I have about the night is that Ronda didn't armbar anybody. She should've dropped Steph and slapped on an armbar. The ending of that segment just seemed so anticlimactic and abrupt.
Other than that, I'm glad I watched it live instead of watching after The Walking Dead.

And gently caress YEAH ROLLINS. Thank god they didn't put Reigns over. Dude did what, two, maybe three unique moves in a total of 3 minutes on offense? He's not ready, I wasn't impressed, he needs to squint the hell back to mid-card. And Brock totally bladed. Hit post, bladed during the hit, and his hand lingered on the one turnbuckle pad for like 20 seconds trying to shove the blade back in there. No way in hell was that a hardway cut.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Cena/Rusev seemed like an average at best match but maybe that's just because I was expecting more from it. The finish was also trash especially with it being randomly telegraphed by them having Lana throw her shoes into the ring so she could take the bump without dying. (Seriously wtf was that about).

I actually liked that set up - Lana seemed genuinely worried that Cena would beat Rusev, but didn't want to show it as that would discourage Rusev. She couldn't work out how to cheat to help Rusev, so she impotently threw a shoe in the general direction of Cena. Problem here is they didn't commit to the shoe distraction spot, because everyone sensibly ignored the shoe against decades of wrestling tradition of stopping whatever you're doing as soon as anything distracting occurs.

Baby Babbeh posted:

If they had just let Sandow eke out a surprise win over Big Show in the Battle Royale, it would have been a good match. Big Show winning just makes the thing so... pointless. They also broke up Mizdow, which is a storyline that's been going on for like four months, in an un-televised segment.

I want a disturbingly huge amount of the roster to just go away, with Big Show definitely being amongst that number.

Crube
Feb 16, 2006

“Stop seducing me!”
I was secretly hoping Robocop to come out to face DX instead.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Crube posted:

I was secretly hoping Robocop to come out to face DX instead.

After that Terminator entrance all I could think about was BUT HERE COMES ROBOCOP

I was disappointed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

sorry you are jealous about not having a cool mom and projecting

My mom knew Roman Reigns would have a great match with Brock Lesnar.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure there was nothing in that match done by Roman Reigns that couldn't just have easily been done by Erick Rowan.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i think roman bumped a lot harder and better than erick rowan would have

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DeathChicken posted:

I'm pretty sure there was nothing in that match done by Roman Reigns that couldn't just have easily been done by Erick Rowan.

Plus Rowan has better music and a sweet spin kick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All the contentious interviews replaced with Lesnar and Heyman sitting at a table in Sonoita sampling Rowan's wine, not really thinking about Wrestlemania much at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when WWE tried to get a nice-guy rookie called Rocky Maivia over and the audience absolutely hated him?
Yeah, Reigns needs to go mega-heel.

• Locked thread