Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
thats what a pharmaceutical is my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

bob dobbs is dead posted:

isnt that the first post of just this thread, tho

im not sure its better to be abusing medications than recreational drugs tbh

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
woops quoted wrong meant post above

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
3x meant binsby

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

And there was this guy, called Damir, who was so bloody hosed up on thorazine that he didn't speak at all, only nodding, and had to be walked around like a retarded pooch. One guy holding him by his arm at each side and down the corridor we went, so his muscles wouldn't atrophy too much. Poor guy. He is slowly getting better, but at a snail's pace. Let's all pray for him.

your country's mental health system sounds medieval

praying 4 him as requested

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Bardeh posted:

I'm a bit confused by this, was this prescribed during your stay at the hospital or were you taking it recreationally?

likely he just recreationally went thru his scripted antidepressant dose (heard lyrica is good 4 that) and now has to explain where the meds went to his doc

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Crazycryodude posted:

Croatia's mental health system sounds like it has sufficiently funded and comfortable hospitals that try and help people actually get better which might as well be Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism compared to the US lol

theres nothing comfy about thorazine (case in point), and in modern medicine they usually use AA's.

obvs a derail tho so w/e

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
prolly a good thing that Drug Baba's out of benzos

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
that beard rules

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i didnt know lyrica was used for post surgery complications. it must be one hell of an antidepressant

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Yossarian posted:

Lyrica is a pain med afaik.

ah ok wonder where i got the antidepressant idea. shuts me up

asf hope ur doin good

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

American, but duller. That is, stupid, uncultured and loud, but also living in the tundra.

:canada:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I like how A Sweaty Fatbeard's probation for casual racism includes casual racism.

ya there must have been a better phrasing than that

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i mean, he said it was an amph

unless he literally has no idea what drugs hes taking which is Not Good

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i was wondering that too but thought maybe id missed a history of psychosis or something

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
a/t about croatia

a: is croatia better than the us
t: yes

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
well based on the last string of posts it sounds a lil better for not dying

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

you were warned posted:

OK, normally I'd be on the "haha yeah I'm suuuuure it's the prescribed drugs" side, but guys, promazine is a literal horse tranquilizer. It's a 1950s-era antipsychotic that's no longer approved for human use in the US, but it IS still used by veterinarians to calm "fractious" horses. :stare:

50s/60s psychiatric drugs are a wild loving ride. The stupor that first-gen antipsychotics caused was considered a sign that they were working! Much respect to you, ASF, old-rear end-drug buddy. I take an ancient antidepressant that was removed from the market for a few years in the 60s because it killed some people, and it took a while for them to figure out why. :newlol:

ya im p sure these old rear end neuroleptics are extremely not helpful to brain functioning tbh

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Old Binsby posted:

smoking is exremely prevalent in people with schizophrenia and related disorders for whatever reason

speaking for myself, schizos like things that feel good and also ive heard they take the edge of meds

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

serious norman posted:

lol, dont stop posting, OP.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This is the only good thread in E/N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU