Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

This is weird because I have $100 worth of pickles that I need to sell ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Prawned posted:

See, two litre beers just sounds impractical to me, because surely it'll be warm before you have finished? Even quarts have that problem.

Dude, it's Eastern Europe, you swallow that in one go to forget.

Also, beer isn't cold.

Only warm.

Such is life.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Profondo Rosso posted:

i very much doubt anyone in this thread is cooler or gooder than fatbeard

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Centripetal Horse posted:

How much is "a lot," and does that count as a lot in Zagreb, or only in smaller towns? Can you live a fairly baller city lifestyle on $3-4k/month?

$150 isn't really a lot of money, you need at least $700 per month to even think on living on your own. Average wage is ~$1000, and $3-4k per month puts you in a rich as gently caress category.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Do it.

Also, that warm beer thing was a joke, but it was funny seeing goons taking it seriously.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Sweaty, you are my favorite poster on these forums and you should definitely take more pictures and talk about anything really.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

hackbunny posted:

I liked your food too, but you got nothin' on Slovenia:

I'm pretty sure World Wars were started for less :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUTTtUu9xlE

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Hey Sweaty, when are you gonna translate Nightmare Stage to English? I think goons need to know who your role models are.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I was supposed to appear on Nightmare Stage in 2002, but I declined. :ssh:

The worst decision of your life, and that's including everything in this thread and in all your former ones. :colbert:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Velisarius posted:

Bulgarians are also Slavic, Romanians are Latin.

I thought Yugoslavia meant south Slavia, which would make sense I suppose, but I could be wrong on that.

You are not wrong. Bulgarians were originally a Turkic tribe from Russian steppes (Bolgars) who assimilated into Slavic ethnicity when they migrated to Eastern Balkans, Romanians are Latinized Dacians with language similar to Italian, Spanish and French. And Jug is South so Jugoslavija (Yugoslavia) means South Slavia.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

steady posted:

Last thread you were bragging how you sold the apartment and got 52000 euros for it and here, every time you post, you try to make it sound like you're the poorest fucker in Croatia and only your unrivaled resourcefulness keeps you alive.
What gives?

Disclaimer:

The above statement in no way implicates that you should stop posting about your adventures. Never thought such a soap opera could come out of Croatia . Makes me feel proud.

I think he bought the studio he currently lives in for that money + lots and lots of drugs. Also cooking chairs aren't cheap. And drugs. Lots of them. It's like a story of Hansel and Gretel but instead of candy the house is made of drugs. "My nigga, have you tried LSD?" asks the witch before snorting the furniture and got baked on chairs.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

:laffo:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I swear to God, I'm going to make a movie out of your life.

Q-pack of Žuja for exclusive rights.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

When you talk money are you putting it in USD or Croatian money?

I'm pretty sure he converts from HRK to $ which is around 7 times stronger. So $50 is 350 HRK.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Also imagine how many trashcans I could check out when on a bike! To me, trashcans are a Mario thing, Mario collects 100 coins and gets a 1-up, I collect 26 cans and get a beer.

I once saw a dude that parked his car in front of a trashcan, rummaged through it for bottles and then drove 20 meters to the next one. What I'm saying is that there's clearly an opportunity for advancement in the trashcan checking business and only sky is the limit (no helipads near trashcans).

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

You are joking, but Croatia currently has no government due to negotiations that are still ongoing between the two big political blocs and a third party, which is needed for the formation of a new government. Elections were two months ago.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Here's the subbed video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNLfotyA8o

At 200€ for this, the apartment is a complete steal.

I myself are living in a very similar studio. Surface area is 24.83m2, but it feels a lot larger.

Anyone watching this, please turn on automatic subtitles, they are a riot.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So let's see if I got this right: Sweaty is feeling sorry for foreign tourists that he sees in Zagreb so he's now importing even more goon tourists to crash at his place(s), for which they may or may not pay him in 2L beer bottles?

Also, my buddy used to work in a hostel, so I chatted with a bunch of tourists there and most common opinion was that Zagreb was good for several days before you take for the coast. There were, of course, some awesome crazy ones that fell in love with the city and stayed for several months, even finding some kind of minor jobs to sustain themselves for a time.

Sweaty, Zagreb is much better than it used to be before. It's not quite there yet but it is getting noticeably better every year.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Ok, I'll bite.

Fatbeard, why do you have a spare tooth that you are keeping "just in case"? "Just in case" of what exactly?

Besides testing a 25 years old toothpaste from your crazy late uncle's barnhouse, I mean of course you'll need it in that case.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowKFQQulKc

This old song is about you, Sweaty.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

By stopping popping pills.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Congrats on being cancer-free btw.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

If you have Croatian citizenship and a Croatian passport, then there are only 5 EU states that require you to have a work permit and those are Austria, Malta, The Netherlands, Slovenia(lol) and The UK. For every other EU country you don't need a work permit anymore, but you might need a passport to enter the country in question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Hey Sweaty, have you or Mr. Weed looked this through?

http://www.kagor.hr/hr/poticaji-potpore-eu-fondovi-vodic-za-poduzetnike/

Maybe there's something here that will help you guys starting out?