Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Zetsubou-san posted:

NEW THREAD
NEW HORIZONS

NEW ZEALAND

oh wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

cpaf posted:

Because there aren't any LNP or ALP faithful here left except for Graic

Fairly sure that's not true.

Also at that one goon meet that I went to pretty much everyone seemed like a normal human being who I was quite happy to have dinner with, we aren't all terrible people :shrug:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
M8 if some fairy pharaoh told me to build a pyramid I'd be like "nice hat dickhead" and just sink a tinny.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

To be honest although it may seem obscene to you most people making that kind of coin don't just turn up. A lot of those "rorts" are poo poo you need to set up and maintain for that earning capacity.

Please oh wise one explain to me the super secret techniques that those pyramid-building fat cats don't want you to know about! :allears:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

Get a decent accountant and the secrets of taxation law will be revealed - you loving try hard.

You stuck your head out of your shoebox of receipts to say that? Haha you dunce.

For the benefit of the rest of you poors here are some of the actual secrets those fatcats don't want you to know:

- Put your money into mass marketed agricultural schemes like Great Southern, Timbercorp or any other MIS for products like... almonds. Want to help Anidav tale his nut milk to the world? This way you'll get your deductions up front and your income in 5 years. Win-win baby!

- Want mad deductions bro? Don't pay your tax to rack up fully deductible General Interest Charge.

- Being a large business will make the ATO go soft on you: http://m.smh.com.au/business/ali-noroozi-report-points-to-perception-of-ato-favouritism-for-top-end-of-town-20150303-13sqa7.html

- Australia has no death duties or estate taxes. Take full advantage of this loophole by killing you are self.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I never thought I would say it but I'm starting to miss Mills.

:shrug:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Who the gently caress puts down their dog in a paddock in 2015?

Endman

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Scott Morrison Policy Launch: http://youtu.be/pMfXClVJn6w

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Auspol/D&D: The #1 place for my #HotSportsTakes

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Fleshcake

:unsmigghh:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I waddled over to the Lee Kuan Yew thread hoping to read some insightful commentary on how events like Konfrontasi may have shaped the Singaporean political experience.

Instead there is a pages-long derail on the merits of Stalin, and then Castro, apropos of nothing and written by people without the slightest clue about Singapore.

:stare:

Is... is this what D&D is like outside of Auspol?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
You have to pay for GLW?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Won't repost because phone posting but SMH reporting Backdown Bill Shorten now happy to have the Renewable Energy Target at 33,500 gigawatt hours instead of 41,000: http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politic...408-1mghc1.html

Basically the negotiations have gone:

Bill: 41,000

NRETA: 32,000

Bill: 33,500 and that's my final offer.

NRETA: 32,000 :colbert:

For his next move Bill will try for 24,000 and NRETA's left cheek, which NRETA will counter with 24,000 gigawatt hours and a worn pair of budgie smugglers. Deal done.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
As a lawyer I

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
EVEN MORE FIXED FIRST DOG:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Laserface posted:

This. At least Graic is making political arguments.

Sexuality is a contested and inherently political space and I suggest you check your overwhelming privilege before suggesting otherwise.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

yeah he was a lawyer too, what a piece of poo poo eh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

willus posted:

it would be nice if people would stop trying to rile other people up welp that's my take at least

what you talkin bout willus?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

willus posted:

why, the notion that if you see that your behaviour is causing a real negative effect in someone else you could modify it my good friend birds trike

That doesn't sound like Auspol at all

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:siren:HOLY poo poo:siren:

Friend, you have made my month

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

poo poo could be worse. You could be in Toowoomba.

this is exactly the kind of informative posting which brings the masses here

gently caress the browns
carn pies

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Avshalom posted:

I'm highly educational. I'm a textbook. I'm Christopher Pyne, education cop. I am a school surgeon. I whittle desks down into efficient toothpicks. I replace students with smoko breaks. I am a man.

Whenever I read those I think of http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjF93E4LjlA

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Godless?

More like god win!
:hitler:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In the latest Ipsos poll NSW is reported as 52 - 48 2pp in favour of LNP. I thought it could be factoring in an imminent Turnbulling but no, Abbott is also preferred PM by 5 points. Even WA, 50-50 2pp has Abbott behind.

What the poo poo, NSW?

First state worst state.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Removing benefits is a limp-wristed half measure. Just jab, baby.

Lols at anyone who supports compulsory voting but isn't behind compulsory vaccination.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I guess we forgot.

:shrug:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Worst decision since New South Wales v Commonwealth (1915) (the 'Wheat Case'), y'honahs.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
We should probably investigate the High Court for corruption tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
First step ID card,
Second step killing fields.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I thought "second step gas chambers" was too trite so I thought I would mix it up a bit

oh hey look germany is on your list :siren::godwin::siren:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
intellectualproperty is theft

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

nah mate

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Go easy on gorc ratfucker guys, lawyers took his kids and his money.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
A rather extreme reaction to the success of the Animal Justice Party, I would say.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Why spend time formulating and enunciating a social democratic platform that people will vote for when you can make lovely websites to play petty games of no consequence while wondering why we keep losing seats to the Greens

:suicide:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
At this point I'm tempted to say gently caress it and join in the enthusiastic running of Anzac Day into the ground tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Maybe if we commoditise Anzac enough it will become uncool and the backlash will become so large that we achieve stealth victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

nice

• Locked thread