Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Graic Gabtar posted:

People don't want to be worse off. I don't want to be worse off. Let's find 3 odd billion of expenditure cuts instead.
Hah, that was my first genuine laugh of the night - well done. Actually though, I think the major parties are often interested in what that 20% finds compelling.

Haha. Good one racist Craig.

Instead of increasing revenue from people who could use that extra money to go on a third holiday to Europe or buy a second car or watch it sit there in the bank making more money for them, let's cut money from the health and education budgets. Because cutting those budgets won't ever make people worse off.

It's okay though, the rich can afford a copayment!

Here's a tip, if you're having money trouble, stop getting drunk every single day. You said you only post when you're drunk, so you must be sloshed a lot.

Anidav posted:

Well I mean, killing 50+ dogs at once is far from putting down the family dog because it accidentally killed a chicken or something. This isn't Old Yeller, this is basically cold blooded culling in the name of sport.

Who the gently caress puts down their dog in a paddock in 2015?

It's a horrible waste, I imagine 50 greyhounds could have fed a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Rio Tinto is life, Rio Tinto is God.

I for one welcome our new ore eating overlords. That'll show us all for letting them run roughshod over our nation and not thinking of the future ourselves ala Mr Barnett.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Orkin Mang posted:

yo, bros, why is the gst said to be a regressive tax when since it applies to everyone it sounds like it should be an equitable tax. i heard somewhere, clarke and dawe i think, that its regressive bc consumption makes up a great proportion of poor peoples income than highers. how does that work? it doesnt sound obvious to me

Google says "A regressive tax is a tax imposed in such a manner that the tax rate decreases as the amount subject to taxation increases."

Essentially, cost of living is set, you need so much shelter, food, clothing and such to get by. As GST taxes all of those goods, the higher the GST the more proportion of your total income is eaten up.

Put simply, if you're poor and spend 70% of your income on living, and they raise GST you might spend 80% of your income on living. But if you're rich and spend 1% of your income on living, and they raise GST you might spend 1% of your income on living.

It's a regressive tax because it hits poorer people harder, because they cannot possibly avoid it.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Remember the illegal v unlawful debates?

Good times.

You called? I mean...

Let's not getting this again. It is not illegal to seek asylum in Australia, just come by plane first drat it.

I'm just going to go ahead and actually put Piss-drinker on ignore now, because his gimmick is getting old at this point and normal people can be easily persuaded by economic and moral arguments whereas the Piss-toad seems to think there's some sort of leftist conspiracy to make millions out of forcing rich illegal economic migrants to stitch their childrens lips together.

We really need a better national framework for dealing with mental illness, is this not the true moral tale of a man who regularly imbibes other peoples urine?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Negligent posted:

Men are to blame for raping women, not countries.

Whilst ignoring female on female rape is super responsible of you, I think it's more fair to say 'Culture is to blame for rape, not countries'. We have a culture of rape in the Western world where people, are taught it's totally okay to get drunk, find a drunk person and go to town with them.

There's a whole slew of other things that come into play there, but culturally men are taught it's okay to rape women and women are taught they should be fine with that (the whole argument 'it was what she was wearing' builds into that). My parents taught me to be respectful of boundaries, but I know others whose parents taught them that women aren't really people, just fancy antiquated fleshlights.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Lid posted:

It gets better

Yes, of course. The problem is the content provider and certainly not the lovely 90's infrastructure. Let us blame the company providing things people want, rather than the rotting copper network we refused to upgrade appropriately.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Negligent posted:

Literally anything morally acceptable.

Paying someone money, who in exchange for that money places your life and theirs at risk, is not.

Police, soldiers, firemen. All immoral occupations because we pay them money to put their lives at risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Also laughing at Barnaby on TV calling for a 'discussion' on the death penalty in Australia.

..what? Is there a quote for this? Is he seriously suggesting we implement it?

• Locked thread