Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
Apparently it's the first time Shorten has been preferred prime minister in all states.

Outside of QLD Abbott's not doing so well.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...als?CMP=soc_567

quote:

The Abbott government’s primary vote in Western Australia has slumped to 38% in opinion polling, the lowest in the Liberal stronghold state since 2001.

WA had the highest Coalition primary vote at the federal election in 2013. That has fallen more than 13 percentage points to stand at 38% in the March quarter.

Queensland now has the highest Coalition primary vote at 42%, compared with the national average of 38%, analysis of Newspoll results in the March quarter by the Australian newspaper shows.

The analysis revealed that the opposition leader, Bill Shorten, has for the first time been rated as the preferred prime minister across all states. Shorten enjoys a 10-point lead over Tony Abbott, who stands at 34%. But more than one in five Australians still remain uncommitted between the two leaders.

Nationwide, just 27% of respondents are satisfied with Abbott’s performance as prime minister, compared with 65% who are dissatisfied.

South Australians were the most disillusioned with Abbott’s performance, with only 19% saying they were satisfied with the prime minister. Abbott’s approval rating has tumbled 17 points since the last quarter in WA, now standing at 25%.

Those figures coincided with the spill motion brought against Abbott in February, which was initiated by two WA MPs.

Shorten is 10 percentage points ahead of Abbott in his satisfaction rating, at a nationwide average of 37%, but 45% are dissatisfied with his performance. A further 18% remain uncommitted on Shorten’s performance.

Labor leads 55% to 45% in two-party preferred terms. . Victoria is Labor’s best state, with nearly three out of five choosing Labor in the two-party preferred rating. Queensland has the lowest Labor two-party-preferred vote, with an even 50-50 split between the two main parties.

The analysis was of 4,667 phone interviews conducted over February and March, and has a 4% margin of error.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

From what we were told at work (so don't hold it as gospel) this was the first year that SA had Easter Saturday as a public holiday.

Also, the Bombay Bicycle Club example of how not to do public holiday surcharges:

In place of that sign these days is a sign saying "Thank you for visiting. Your money paid for the following:" and just has a big list of business expenses, including things like wages and superannuation.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Please stop

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

ban this smut

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
That's the second biggest article on the ABC homepage.

This PR campaign went down like a turd in a punchbowl.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I said what I mean and I mean what I said. I loving despise Leunig cartoons.

That wasn't meant in response to your post, which I don't think I even saw when I clicked "Submit Reply". But I've never known anyone to like Leunig who wasn't a 30-something soft-left Christian.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
I remember seeing Democrat posters up at a by-election only 3 months ago, gave me nostalgia for the late 90's.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

QUACKTASTIC posted:

I don't get it

It's just Labor dorks masturbating

https://www.facebook.com/Greensdoingthings

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Anidav posted:

I don't get how that idiot was hired by The Guardian when countless talented political cartoonists don't get poo poo.

Pictured: work by a full-time artist

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
NZ was part of New South Wales for a while. I think they bailed at federation partly because they thought Māoris would get treated like poo poo in that scenario.

Vladimir Poutine fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 17, 2015

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

hooman posted:

Taxpayers should not have to subsidise childcare, says David Leyonhjelm

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Avshalom posted:

My penis extends with fearsome speed and takes on the ruby-red juiciness of fresh watermelon.

Thank god you're here.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
Slightly tangential, but I wouldn't be surprised if Europe ends up emulating our approach to asylum seekers. The rhetoric there is more hardline than ours, even though the policies there aren't.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Excuse me, but we're talking about Extremely Important Grown Up Business in here.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
Serial killer John Bunting used to play that album while he committed murders.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
So anyway, Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran will probably be executed tonight. Any thoughts on that, or on what Tony Abbott's reaction will be + whether or not it'll impact diplomatic relations with Indonesia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
To be honest, I think a lot of Australians supported the execution (though the Australian media certainly didn't). That's the impression I get from comment sections on news sites and Facebook.

• Locked thread