Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Redwolf posted:

The Australian Democrats

The Australian Democrats are a pro-capitalist, right-wing, socially-conservative party consisting of forums poster ScreamingLlama. Led by forums poster ScreamingLlama they believe in fabricating a list of 550 members to prevent their imminent deregistration as an official political party.

I hereby register my strenuous objection to this part of the OP on the grounds that you are going too loving far. We (yes, we, there's still plenty of Dems) are still a party as far as the AEC is concerned, and until remain so until such time as the party is actually deregistered. Also stop being a bunch of shitlords carrying on about something that happened twenty years ago that half of today's party membership had no loving control over (due to, you know, being children at the time).

Gods preserve me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I'm not sure you get how this thread, y'know

works

Drunken, bitter, angry yobbos mocking everything remotely political while impotently stewing in the futility of their own acts? Smells like auspol.

I'm just saying myself and my beloved party seem to be receiving a disproportionate amount of mockery and abuse.

Endman posted:

If you don't want to be associated with the mistakes a group made in the past, maybe don't claim to be that same group.

I'm not willing to accept the idea that one fuckup means that group should be gone forever. After all, the ALP put Kim Beazley in charge for a long while.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Refraining from torturing and raping them in tropical island prison camps and making sure their asylum claims are duly processed. We're pretty big on human rights.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Robodog posted:

do you guys still have natasha star destroyer? she was p. cool i think she was on good news week?

To my knowledge, she's no longer active in the party. Believe me, three years ago during the faction thing both sides were wailing "COME BACK NATASHA STOTT-DESPOJA YOUR PARTY NEEDS YOOOOOU". It's hard to find anyone of her caliber in politics these days.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't say it was their worst gently caress up, it was just the first one that came to mind.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

I'm a Greens member, mystery avatar buyer. You done hosed up.

They compounded the fuckup by using the wrong logo. That's RebootD's design: the official logo is still the old dark green and gold one.

I have been trying to come up with a newer one to submit to the Communications Committee, though.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Hello Llama, why should I as a voter preference the democrats above the greens in regards to policy? Given a preferential system i can vote for both so there is no need to be all or nothing but i would like to understand a reasoning that they would represent my interests.

we have actual economic policies as opposed to the Greens just belching out clouds of weed smoke like the factories they profess to hate

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Appeals are under way.

What actually happened was the AEC did their yearly check to make sure the Dems were still alive and a bunch of people who left the party didn't actually notify the party that they were chucking in their membership. So when the AEC called random people to check, a bunch of them said "no, we're not members" and the AEC took that as "well, there's not enough members, guess the Democrats are going down the gurgler". We actually have something like 1000 members nationwide according to Darren Churchill, so there's a pretty good chance of the appeal succeeding. I'm obviously not happy about the situation, but all I can do is sit tight while Darren tries to fix things.

Also, the deregistration is only on the national level: the NSW Dems are still kicking and have appointed me as both Regional Officer for the North West and a member of the publicity team.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

With you at the helm, what could go wrong?!

I'm not at the helm, I'm just responsible for recruiting and managing in my region. I report directly to the State Organizer along with rest of the Regional Organizers within the Communications Committee.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

When you say you recruiting, you mean making up fake profiles of people?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Birb Katter posted:

What do you mean "state of the copper" copper is metal as gently caress and that is the only state it exists in :black101:

Sorry mate, couldn't resist

• Locked thread