Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Samurai Sanders posted:

Come to think of it, how are all these rear end in a top hat store owners going to even know a customer is gay before serving them? It was so much easier when they were black...

The current round of legislation is directed towards people providing services to gay wedding ceremonies, so not that hard really? I'm sure there are some people who would prefer to deny any service to gay customers but I don't think doing that would meet the standards of the law most of these states are proposing. Not that it would matter in states where there isn't a law banning discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Grouchio posted:

So should I give up hope that good progressive changes to society, infrastructure and/or technology will come this century as the corporations bleed us dry? Or can we fight back?

Corporations will continue to bleed us dry. Get in with a big one now before they start constructing war mechs and battling over the remaining resources.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Nonsense posted:

I really want Palin to swoop in and crush Jeb's dreams. She should absolutely smell blood in the water when moderate Bush is on top of popularity contest.

There's no room for her. Her angle is already better covered by people like Cruz.

Now a VP nod maybe.....

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

who is gay?

Lots of people, I hear

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Whoa your in the wrong thread mate

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Joementum posted:

Your monthly reminder to come check out the 2016 primary thread to be kept abreast of all the hilarious primary stuff, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHGNzG3KJg

Does Rand have a severe case of sunglasses tan in that video or is it just a lighting thing?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Holocaust

poo poo dude

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Man this new Mario brothers sequel is getting even farther away from the source material

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

It says nothing about industrial sex either.

Herman Cain has a plan that covers all three of these, thankfully

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

That picture of rand in the article is great.

Man these candidates are imploding quickly this cycle. Carson never even got a chance to declare and rand seems determined to screw it up within a week

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Is this some kind of reverse Konami code that causes you to lose all 4 lives?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

VanSandman posted:

It's the second one. Honestly I haven't heard a lot of hate from North Carolinians about illegal immigrants - I think it must be a thing closer to the border.

In my experience citizens in border states that didn't move there from elsewhere don't care about illegal immigrants much either way. It's the smaller Midwest towns that have experienced radical demographic changes over the last generation that have the most visceral reactions to Hispanic people in general

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mean, there's a million other reasons I could say this I guess, but why do they root for the gently caress immigrants party then?

Because that party is also the gently caress black people party. Nothing quite like Carolina brand racism against blacks.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

VanSandman posted:

SOUTH Carolina is the really bad one.
Remember - up until the Civil War, if some state was starting poo poo with the Federal Government, that state was South Carolina.

I lived in North Carolina for years and spend time in South Carolina somewhat frequently and the people in both states are lovely with racism. SC just had more time to get their racism embedded in government.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

It's so easy to criticize Obama. Through trying to improve school lunches and the American healthcare system, two of the worst things in existence, he has taken ownership of everything that goes wrong with either

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

We did have things like chicken wraps but they were chicken fingers stuck inside a flaccid tortilla. For $1.75 you could get a basket of French fries. For $3 you could get a Papa John's pan pizza. We got Coke machines but they were always broken.

I will never get the taste of the "turkey gravy", watery turkey bits stuck in a disgusting yellow gravy-like substance, out of my mind.

My middle school literally sold little plastic tubs full of cookie dough in the cafeteria

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

forbidden lesbian posted:

dude that owns, cookie dough rules

Yeah I totally bought some and it did rule

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Outside of Bond villains, is there anyone who has talked about using an EMP in real life?

gently caress no. Everyone knows that launching an ICBM anywhere near the United States would be the end of, like, everything

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Stereotype posted:

Because they don't hate blacks, being racist is Bad. They just hate those people unentited to life, who "don't work" or "get shot". It just so happens that all the people placed into that category are black, it isn't racism, its just a crazy coincidence.

Yeah the dialog on racism really needs to shift from something that you are you to something that you do. Nobody is racist (actually everybody is racist), but things that you do are kinda racist sometimes

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

That's because they don't have a valid reason that wouldn't backfire. If Obama lied under oath about getting a b hizzie I guarantee you McCain and the Turtle would die in the stampede to cast impeachment votes.

Nah. Boehner is the reason there won't be impeachment. He's smart enough to know that it wouldn't help the party. Obama would be getting impeached at this very moment over the immigration stuff if someone less pragmatic was at the wheel

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

joeburz posted:

people, and especially so conservative-minded ones, are going to fall into the ~foreign~ aspect of the money

Actually the right wing media is focusing on the Russia + nuclear material aspect, which if you consider the average age of their consumers makes a lot a sense.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Joementum posted:

According to the menu for tonight's state dinner with Prime Minister Abe there is a guest chef at the White House! This guy:

What an insult. Everyone knows that Hiroyuki Sakai is the superior Iron Chef

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3059840/Anarchists-year-s-violence-Ferguson-active-Baltimore-claim-social-media-experts.html

"A leading data mining firm, which has asked to remain anonymous because of its government work, claims that between 20 and 50 social media accounts active in Baltimore on Monday were also used some 825 miles away in Ferguson during the peak of last summer's violence following the death of Michael Brown"

"Not all the accounts called for outright violence, but at the very least, the tweets were menacing and ominous, reports Fox News.

20-50 seems like it would barely cover journalists and speakers that were obviously at both events because duh

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Evil_Greven posted:

Yes, but what actually changed?

Well the cop who maced those kids got 38k in workers comp for it. Does that count?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

gently caress i love dude's sign

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Also if the military was planning to take over Texas then I doubt attending a town hall holding a sign with 4 different slogans on it is going to make them withdraw. Maybe one extremely poignant slogan

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Friendly Tumour posted:

It's a thing that I keep wondering about as an outsider. Looking at America, you seem perpetually on your way towards a civil war that never quite, as you say "kicks off".

That's probably just our penchant for sensationalizing everything making it seem that way

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "You can't eat me for lunch. Then there'd be no President!" ~ Barack Obama

I love the endless stream of spergs trying to explain presidential suggestion in response to a joke aimed at children.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Joementum posted:

If Operation Jade Helm 15 is a plot by Obama to use the military to overthrow the US government, what was the goal of Operations Jade Helm 1 through 14?

Honestly it's probably time for a rebranding after 14 iterations. I propose changing the name to operation Pen 15

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Grundulum posted:

More info please.

also, related:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

It's hard to even call it a dog whistle really. How many people who are casually racist do you think would even pick that up? It'll get reported by some outlets as a bad thing and the majority the dogs won't even hear the whistling

Guys, I think Jeb just kinda sucks at trying to be president

• Locked thread