Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Midwest is about to find itself much poorer than before once every pro LGBT sponsor heads for the hills. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So I've been reading William Greider's One World: Ready or Not 1996 novel on the Loony Global Economic Revolution, and my dad's been reading novels about the threat of corporate states in Blade Runner style.

I'm wondering three things: When will the current global economic revolution (multi-corporations and all) reach it's expiration date, if it has one? Is the US destined to become a corporate state in which interests are served only to the oligarchs? How hosed is the future of our middle class?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So should I give up hope that good progressive changes to society, infrastructure and/or technology will come this century as the corporations bleed us dry? Or can we fight back?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wulfolme posted:

See, this poo poo. I see no way this can make sense. That it makes sense has to be taken as a given and then everything can build from there if it has to. No sir, I don't like it.
It's why I'm atheist.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DemeaninDemon posted:

If you think about it AOTG transitioned into NNTG after banging some dude's wife.
So AOTG is basically a bitter virgin neet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I hear that the verdict on the Boston Bomber will be declared within the hour.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fried Chicken posted:

Happy Surrender Day goons!

150 years ago today the Slaveholder's Rebellion was put down, and a belligerent, expansionist, violent, and racist regime was rightly destroyed. The Slaveholder's Confederacy was the first proto-fascist state, with the military absorbing and commanding private industry, its doctrine of explicit racial superiority, and it's mass exploitation and murder of those it deemed sub-human. It's destruction was an unarguable good, and brought freedom to millions.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9nEf2nuH_Xc

I would've gone with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3jPMM5Ac

But nonetheless....

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 9, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I just heard a good speech from Susan Collins on the radio about how fed up she is about bipartisanship's extinction.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

One of the dying breeds of a centrist republican senator from Maine.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Joementum posted:

The Daily Paul (Peace . Gold . :evil:) is shutting down tonight at midnight. End of an era :smith:
I use BBC News online as my news source anyways.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What the fuckity gently caress.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder sometimes if this insane amount of political correctness will ever decrease, if not go away sooner than later...

Mel Brooks would be treated like Bill Cosby if he had made Blazing Saddles today.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jagchosis posted:

Bill Cosby is only condemned for raping dozens of women because PC GONE TOO FAR

Grouchio is not trolling, presumably, he has made some amazingly idiotic and naive posts, some even in this thread!
I'm terribly sorry. I made a horrible comparison in terms of ostracism. I had meant that Mel Brook's comedy would not have flied anymore in today's hollywood industry.

Also what did I say?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 19, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Were there even worse republican trolls running amok in these threads before the 2008 election results? (when most of them got toxxd) I'd like to see some backlogs. :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do coronal mass ejections/geomagnetic storms actually produce EMPs? Or just affect satellites and power grids?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

It's not the same as an EMP, but it has the same effect (a bunch of free electrons running around loving up your poo poo)

A natural EMP is more akin to a lightning strike, a nuclear EMP would be a much much larger short duration lightning strike, and getting hit by a CME or other geomagnetic storm would be like an EMP that goes on for a while.
So *all* electronics would get fried from a powerful enough solar storm?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was wondering if it would irreparably fry my laptop or cellphone or other appliances/devices if they were on during one. Or if they'd be fried regardless of being on or not.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When should we expect the next great solar storm then?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

With the Paris Climate Summit soon to be under way, what are the chances poo poo actually gets accomplished this time?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When was the last time good news was posted here?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I seriously don't want to be let down by Hilary.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Unzip and Attack posted:

She voted to go to war in Iraq. She has no credibility because of this one fact alone.
Pfft. I don't think she had the same mindset after Iraq drudged on. Even Nixon did some good for this country (ie. China, Vietnam, Bhreznev) conservative crook or not.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Comcast just abandoned it's $45billion Time Warner Cable deal.

Also Joseph Stiglitz eviscerated Reaganomics today, declaring that "the American Dream is a myth."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh there are sooo many people that could use a restraining act these days. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Accretionist posted:

Me, too. I'm less nervous thanks to some of the information posts.
Where can I find these posts?

• Locked thread