Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Not linking to the full post in the March thread since it's locked and won't let me, but re: this

It's the usual thing of the city/state wanting taxi companies to follow the law, but with the added twist of the banks pressuring the politicians to enforce the law for $$$ reasons and Uber spamming out a form letter for its users. This is the response a tired intern makes to one of those form letters, nothing malicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the night, "I want to reiterate to all Department [of Justice] personnel, including attorneys and law enforcement officers, that they are prohibited from soliciting, procuring, or accepting commercial sex." ~ Eric Holder.

What about amateur sex?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

To be fair to Reagan voters, no one could have known in 1980 (or 1984!) the awful things that would happen under his watch. I mean it's not like Reagan campaigned in '84 by saying "I promise to illegally sell arms to Iran" or "As President I can guarantee that I will kickstart the creation of massive Federal deficits".

The more curious thing, to me, is how Reagan has been raised to demi-God status by conservatives after his Presidency; it remains to be seen if the same will happen with Obama in 15 years (it probably will not?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAqE_GxsqMo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

I haven't been following this story closely, but Is there any real difference between the supposed deals being done with Clinton Foundation scandal and foreign companies, and any other situation that's been allowed under Citizens United?

Well the Clinton Foundation is a global charity that does some decent NGO style third world charity work whereas Citizens United has nothing to do with that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Otoh, Hillary had enough hubris to run a private server out of her house, in violation with records requirements.

I've been wondering, do you have some source of information other than that extremely poorly written* AP article that confused domain registration with physical location?

* It was pretty obviously written by a political reporter all by them self with no help from anyone technical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Why do people have such an intense need to argue with fishmech even when he's right about something

Because it's fun to see how far you can push him?

• Locked thread