Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

I don't think it's stupidity that makes people like that destroy programs that stop the spread of a disease associated in their minds with sinners.

That's certainly a feel-good conclusion! Well, let's take a look in more detail, shall we?

First, here's the original amendment. So they're "defunding" and "destroying" a program/budget line called "A.2.2 - HIV/STD prevention". Seems pretty bad.

But then if you look at the full budget, you can see they've allocated $191 million each year to the program. So, like a re-allocation of less than 1%.

Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Don't forget, Indiana also just convicted a woman of killing her fetus when she tried to commit suicide:

http://www.wncn.com/story/28664509/first-woman-in-us-sentenced-for-killing-a-fetus

No, she didn't try to commit suicide, just threw the baby a dumpster after delivery.

Although this was an educational article in that Asian Americans can be referred to as "people of color", did not realize that.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

"Excuse me, I know your restaurant is vegan, but I really want a steak. Oh and BTW, I'm gay so if I don't get it I'm going to sue you for discrimination."-How 50% of the country thinks this law works.

Once SCOTUS makes gays a protected class, though...

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

JonathonSpectre posted:

It's not a vast right-wing "conspiracy," just a symptom of the fact that the right wing has been completely consumed by paranoid fantasies and general insane irrationality that requires everyone who opposes their smash-and-grab scheme to be a monster bent on the destruction of all that is good, children writhing on a pike, spitting at God, etc.

The right wing didn't decide to laughably position Hillary as some sort of folksy "people's champion". Hillary did that. The right wing did not decide to delete a bunch of (best case exculpatory) emails that undoubtedly touch on this very topic. Hillary did that. The right wing did not fudge the foreign donation numbers from her organization for years either.

It's probably true that each item that has been or will be brought up over the course of the campaign has a potentially innocent or coincidental explanation. Actually believing that all of them are collectively innocuous is the left-wing version of climate change denial. She plays by a different set of rules than everyone else.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

So would people consider a Google executive donating to the Gates foundation evidence of illegal collusion between the two companies?

Questions like this are probably why the Gates foundation tells people to donate directly to the organizations they help, instead.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Radbot posted:

Funny how people are getting caught up with the "foreign" angle when conservatives fall all over themselves to suck Saudi dick in exchange for a penny on gas prices.

By "people" you actually mean "the US Tax Code" which is admittedly super xenophobic and probably racist.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

I mean sure, you think something happened because there is video evidence, well I think something happened because I hate the Clintons, see how similar we are?

But the Police would need to have deleted the video against established procedures for this analogy to make sense.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

But the point is more, people accuse police of misconduct because of video evidence and witness statements. People accuse the Clintons of misconduct without any actual evidence of wrongdoing.

It's like, a handcuffed suspect is shot in a patrol car. There was video evidence, but the officer in question took the tape home and accidentally recorded over it with an NCIS rerun, nbd he must have snuck a gun into the car somehow.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

You mean the record requirements that came into effect after she left?

The State Dept fired someone for using personal email to conduct work under her watch, but okay.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Also she didn't delete all her emails and she disclosed all the work related ones.

Oh okay then, case closed.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

What do you think about Colin Powell not turning in his emails from his personal email accounts when asked?

This question is inherently racist :smuggo:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
All the cops know Tazo Chai gets the taste of pepper spray and burned family-owned businesses out of your mouth better than mocha, GOD.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Where is Monster Hunter on that list.

Thanks Obama.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

I believe that as part of the deal that lets Amtrak use third party railroad tracks they have a lower priority than all other traffic.

It depends - near NYC, Amtrak "owns" the lines that are shared with NJ Transit, meaning they prioritize Amtrak. North of the city, Metro North owns the lines, and they make Amtrak trains slow down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
How come any time there's rail work, they pay a guy to stand there holding a caution sign.

• Locked thread