Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What was your education level when you first joined, donut consumers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

i have an associates degree, in law enforcement.

Aren't you sheriff of some tiny rear end town though?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whale Cancer posted:

Sheriff's departments are county, not city.

Our Sheriff serves papers and nothing more. I live in an rear end backwards county so idk

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What are the best qualifications to have excluding a degree or the military?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

quote:

In theory the drones do add a lot of options. Tranquilizer darts become a real possibility for fleeing subjects, because you can sit around and wait to see if a small dose takes affect. Nets are possible. A glue gun to could stick the suspect in place. You can also just keep a patrol car at a distance and wait for the suspect to get tired.

A more radical approach would be to take the beat cops' guns away and put lethal force only in the hands of a small subset of highly trained officers.

None of that is very likely with todays police but there's no reason that drones couldn't be used to decrease police shootings and collateral damage.

Well?!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Grem posted:

Are you quoting from BSS?

You're so far off.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I have the option of getting POST certified without paying for it, should I do it?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

Never hurts to get it if you aren't on the hook for anything. Definitely will give you job options. What state?

Missouri. The city is hiring 160 more officers and I figured walking in fully qualified instead having to wait for an academy class would put me ahead.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Get your poo poo together whip jesus

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
PRISON CURES COPS

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
To pet the beagle is illegal.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Bestiality is also illegal.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

The dog is stuck in that guy's own field of gravity cause he's so loving fat

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I dunno but I'm gonna be real disappointed if I ever meet branis and he's not the guy in his av

Same

And if he doesn't carry a revolver

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Cop gay. So What posted:

How can you have any kind of constructive or educated discussion with people who literally believe that the entirety of law enforcement is either corrupt, full of institutional racism, flat out evil, or all three combined?

Very carefully lmfao

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

ActusRhesus posted:

Yeah, but you take pictures of riots, so they have an e-boner for you.

I'm both a racist bootlicker and an undercover leftist agitator. Nobody can make up their mind.

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 16, 2015

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I don't know why they don't use a Ouija board instead of a polygraph, the effect is the same.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Warning: thread is high in sodium

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Settle down Beavis

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Cop wrong. So what

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
*in serious question voice* Do you get at least two consecutive days off and do your shifts change with less than 24 hours notice?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Apparently there is a cop shortage across the nation. So what are you doing about it huh

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Untagged posted:

the private sector. Government service pay and benefits aren't what they used to be.

So they become mall cops?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whip Slagcheek posted:

You also hosed a dude, so..

No shame in that.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Syrian Lannister posted:

I absolutely despise Chipotle.

I've never had a proper curry either.

FML

How do you live lol

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You have to let them onto your Facebook? That's stupid considering you can delete anything bad beforehand.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Anyone know of suspenders for your belt that can go under your uniform/armor? Thanks and dog bless

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Gross

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

rifles posted:

I remember seeing some fat dude on Youtube post a video about these: http://www.backdefensesystems.com/

might be what you're looking for

$189 argh

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
This belt is loving heavy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whale Cancer posted:

What all are you carrying on your belt?

Glock 17, 2 extra mags, baton, mace, two cuffs, phone, keyring with 1488 keys.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Nope

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Frig off

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
:dogbutton:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Does everyone carry two pairs of cuffs on them? I only wear the one pair though I've got like five extra in my car.

I have flex cuffs and enough confiscated pepper spray for the staff to fog a large crowd.

Whale Cancer posted:

You have no radio/taser/flashlight and you're bitching about weight? Ditch the baton and phone.

I have those too except the taser because I don't care enough to get qualified. And I think not carrying a weapon is dumb because it's another option you have if you find yourself in a situation where you need nonlethal force.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whale Cancer posted:

Hilarious because I think it's dumb that you don't care enough to get taser qualified when it's a much more effective tool than a baton. Sounds like someone is scared to take a ride.

Taser has no qualification procedure or classes here.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whale Cancer posted:

Then why did you say you didn't care enough to get qualified?

Idk? It's like armed plainclothes: must be approved by the chief.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Cole posted:

And beanie's wife foils their plan

True Lies

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I kinda want to get pepper sprayed just to see what it's like. Minus the getting arrested part.

I can arrange for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:toxx: yourself right this second

• Locked thread