Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

TheSoldier is this you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I was watching the cruiser slowly gimp toward the guy thinking poo poo that aint nothing. Then the other cruiser comes in from the right hauling rear end and creams the dude and i was like drat... didnt expect that.

"OFFICER WHIP SLAGCHEEK REPORTING FOR DUTY"

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Reign Of Pain posted:

Does Whip get to fly the new police gyrocopter?

Even though he claims it was for campaign finance reform, it was just viral marketing for the new USPS Gyro delivery fleet.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Our wagons just have a bar behind the seat they have to hold on to.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

This derail is pretty dumb as false imprisonment isn't part of Maryland's Felony Murder statute.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

somewhatpathetic posted:

Which one of you said this?

I can't tell if it's viral marketing for Assassins Creed or some Sovereign/Moorish stuff.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

This is the correct answer.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Doppelganger posted:

Post a story about getting dispatched to something that sounded like something bad, but turned out to be hilariously benign.

We responded to a reported large fight between teens. They were using bats, brooms, trash cans ,and were shouting at each other.

Since this sounded like a possible gang fight with weapons, we sent multiple units.

It wasn't a gang fight, it was a bunch of teens LARP-ing. :v:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Infowars bumper stickers are PC for a Tstop, right?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Heritage not hate.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Bravo posted:

Dude was off his meds, there was a real shitstorm when his family got involved. But there's really no way to question Green's actions, like people are saying that was pretty much the textbook definition of a good shoot.

What was the family's take?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Scruff McGruff posted:

I don't know if this is some sort of TSA or FAA policy but every police dog I've seen in an airport no matter if it's TSA, CBP, or Airport police is always a Beagle and they are adorable in their little police vests. :3:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle_Brigade

My beagle on the other hand is a lazy bastard, just like her owner.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-T_t166TY

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Bad shoot? From what I've seen, yes.

Murder? I'd be surprised if he's convicted of murder. Now involuntary/negligent manslaughter or something along those lines, yes.

Edit: Dont loving reach into a car, it never ends well.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 29, 2015

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

dude sounds like hes really out for blood reelection.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

FWIW at his arraignment today the judge mentioned that he was charged with Murder and Involuntary Manslaughter.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Article is worth a read. Dude almost got thrown in jail again for contempt when he was there for the original contempt/taser charge.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Cops, how do you feel about plaid?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Volume posted:

How do cop goons fee about Officer Whitlatch getting fired?

How do cop goons feel about the cover up of Boo Radley's heroic actions against Bob Ewell? Especially since the Sheriff and a lawyer were involved.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Turn down for what?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Skoll posted:

Do departments let you bring a personal on-duty weapon or do you have to use an issued one?

Do they let you "mod" issued firearms, i.e., new sights and grips or whatnot?

Ours are issued and you can only mod the grips or sights. The list of mods that can be done are very small, personal purchase, and have to be installed by the range staff.

Edit:

Larry Parrish posted:

Is it considered weird to wear your vest daily. I remember one rear end in a top hat lady deputy always wearing a flak vest that looked like it was way too big for her, and I never saw any other deputy from any of the nearby counties wear one.

They changed our General Orders a few years ago to make it mandatory for those working the street.

When we were in the academy we had to wear old, nasty vests just to get accustomed to it. I've basically worn one every shift except for when I was reassigned to an admin position.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 20, 2015

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Lieutenant posted:

the teachers tend to be less crazy unless they're the type to gently caress students. 3 months off in the summer must rule.

Too bad that for the majority of teachers, that 3 months is unpaid. :v:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Whip Slagcheek posted:

To anybody coming to DC to see the pope: gently caress you.

Turned on the news this evening and it was just: POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE

Apparently nothing else happened in the world today.

My PIO friends are happy as this means the news people wont be harassing them for the next few days.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Hezzy posted:

do you guys have nandos

Nandos Peri-Peri? We have them here, and they're p good.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Last time I deployed my baton was a few weeks ago....

....to turn on a TV that people couldn't find the remote for and was too high for anyone to reach.

Real talk, I've never struck anyone with my baton. I have deployed it a few times for baton locks and in a kubaton matter (thumbs on top of wrist, baton against wrist bones,push, instant grip breaker)

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Semi annual belt chat:

If I'm looking down at my junk, going clockwise.

Spare cruiser keys, cuff key, traffic box key all in a nylon holder, pepper spray, duty weapon, baton, handcuffs, latex gloves in a pouch, flashlight, taser, cellphone case, mag pouches.

On my vest is my radio and 2nd set of cuffs.

And I'm not on the street :v:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

For our training, we were allowed to cover 1 eye with a hand and they then sprayed across your face hitting your non covered eye.

You then had to:
1. Make an officer in trouble radio call
2. Run 10-20 yards to an instructor who had a DT Pad and do 10x knee strikes both knees
3. Run another 10-20 to an instructor with pad and do 10x baton strikes, both hands
4. Run another 10-20 to an instructor with a pad and do 10x elbow strikes, both arms.
5. Run 10-20 and prone a fellow student out at gun point and take them into custody.

Once they were cuffed, you were able to go to a decon station.

I had bull like strands of snot coming out of my nose after being sprayed.

In my 7+ years, I've never deployed my pepperspray because gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Baby shampoo. Johnson and Johnson no more tears and a waterhose. That will actually wash away some of the oil and is safe to just dump in your eyeballs.

This and you have to realize that the oil needs to evaporate. So sitting in front of a fan works well after you clean up.

• Locked thread