Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

2015 steady as she goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cattes

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Shut up corgis own.

I like my pets lowered and my cars functional:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

The closest I can describe the feeling is that brain is trying to talk to his coworker dick, saying 'Hey man, this doesnt look so hot so why don't we sit this one out okay?' And what brain doesnt realise is that dick stopped taking his pills like two weeks ago and has just entered the Messiah phase of full blown mania and is entirely too busy planning out to the exact second when he's going to need to tuck and roll out of the burning helicopter that happens to be on a collision course with the local nuclear power plant.

Holy poo poo this is the most amazing thing I've ever read.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

West SAAB Story posted:

Does anyone have a good resource/forum for PTSD sufferers? I had a massively bad relapse today, when thought I was finally doing better. No support group exists locally- unless I want to start one.

Again, sorry for being a dick to many of you. I have no excuse for much of how I have acted when it wasn't just drug induced dumbassery, and even then.. I have no intention of making GBS threads up the place.

I would appreciate a pointer- if anyone knows. PMs or email to saviggen at gmails to keep it iff the forums is just fine with me. Thanks.

PMs inbound.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

And while we're doing a sharing Friday.

I think I'm going to cut back on the drinking for a bit if not completely.

Addiction is defined as continued use in the face of consequences. While I haven't had any egregiously bad consequences... I'm just not liking how I've felt and my relationship to alcohol lately. I've been on a roll of getting rid of things and people in my life. Trying to de-clutter as much as I can and give away so much poo poo. I'm thinking of trying to keep this positive momentum going.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just left the chiropractor... and my back is hosed. She said I am abiut two seconds away from a slipped disc and might need surgery if the issue does go away with PT over the next month. I have two appointments every week for the next month.

http://www.amazon.com/Treat-Your-Back-Robin-McKenzie/dp/0959774661

Supplement your appointments with the exercises in this book. I have a family history of back issues and this has done wonders for us.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ilkhan posted:

mmm.
Sharing time.

Well I have a 2nd date tonight.

Best dating advice I can give.

Do her in the butt so you wont get her pregnant.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Cracked screen club.

Galaxy S4 a few months after I got it. It's pretty bad but I've been running with it because I don't give a poo poo and that could be house/car money.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

My dad is into nascar, which I get because he got to see the days of them actually being stock cars. The rest is now just drama and dumb rules. The engineering is kind of cool, but I have a tough time watching it on TV until the last 5 laps.

I'd definitely go to one live, but it's not my jam.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I drop kicked a puppy into a wood chipper once.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cakefool, look into the book treating your own back.

http://www.amazon.com/Treat-Your-Back-Robin-McKenzie/dp/0959774661

I do a few exercises a day and am better off for it. My sisters back is worse than mine and she hasn't had to have any extra stuff done after she had to have an epidural a few years ago. Trying to avoid the spinal fusion like my father ended up with.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

Jesus christ this star wars discussion... the autism is coming from inside the thread :stonklol:

to be fair these threads are usually pretty terrible star wars or not

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Got my mom a Brother HL-2270DW for Christmas a few years back. Normally for printers I hard wire everything because gently caress troubleshooting anything else, but this one I set up via wifi.

They've unplugged it and plugged it back in, moved it around, zero issues. My mother buys two toner packs a year and a WB mason box to do all her invoices and poo poo. A+ would buy again.

At work we use HP and keyocera. The keyoceras are ok, some driver fuckery to make them work (including telling the print server it's an HP). The HPs run the gamut from old battleax that works great to finicky to hot garbage rolling dumpster fires.

Their new plotter series sucks balls to manage but prints beautifully.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

steam punk robot penises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCfHSH_v4sw

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Most entry level certs are useless and we don't hire based upon certs or what trash tech school you went to.

I have zero certs and I turned out ok.

CCNA is where poo poo starts to become useful.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Motronic posted:

He'll be back.

But honestly, a Cayenne turbo is just about worth the pain and expense if you need that kind of space. They really are a hell of a lot of fun for something that size.

I got to drive my bosses. It was hilarious on the highway and the active suspension is kind of fun.

I did not envy him when the coolant lines under the intake blew up though.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've been on the phone for an hour trying to troubleshoot a dragon naturally speaking issue...

For someone at home remoted into the businesses computer system.

Vmware horizon view with unidesk application management, connected remotely over time warner cable. Oh if that wasn't bad enough its a USB mic connected to an imac running bootcamp. The dude doesn't understand why it's taking so long to troubleshoot.

:shrek: :shrek::shrek::shrek:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, I knew I was probably replacing the rockers anyway, and I needed to learn to weld, but I guess it's higher priority now. Any good suggestions for learning how to do bodywork for dummies?

Get a cheapo mig, something above harbor freight teir. Get a good roll of hobart wire from tractor supply. Get some cheap pieces of scrap to practice on while you fiddle with the knobs. Just go for it.

I did a complex wheel arch replacement on my RS as my first welding job and it came out OK. Cherokee rockers are easy compared to it as they are mostly square with no complex curves. I've done two cherokee rockers in my thread. Sure they don't look like factory perfect lines, but they will hold up FINE.

Once you've got the thing all welded up, paint the outside with chassis saver and the inside spray with Eastwood's internal frame coating and it should last a long time.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

Not really at present, but ask away here if you want. We have semi retired national level drivers (me), a few club guys like Slow is Fast and also a WRC driver.

That, and there are two other guys, IIRC who don't post much.

I have a hard time keeping up with the chat thread but will answer most questions when I can. PM or email will get ahold of me faster.

If you are looking to get into stage rally that is a long thing best answered by a long winded thing not in the chat thread.

Also that dirt rally game looks cool. I wonder if it feels as realistic as RBR and can I drive a drat NA impreza? I really need to get a racing wheel.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Hard day at the cat factory

jelly bean toesies

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Home nas and a backup HDD at the parents 30 miles away. If both locations are destroyed I'm probably dead anyways.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Beat my speeding ticket. :)

did you get the girls # tho

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

No what i'm saying is it doesn't even show up.as a hard drive on my computer at all, no.drag and drop.option.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

there you go.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

anyone who feels REALLY STRONGLY about a stupid loving phone or stupid loving keyboard is someone who has too much free time and is probably insufferable to hang out with HTH.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

hey guys i like cats

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I like tiny cats

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

i like big cats too

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

this is a v good catte