Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ban OP

forums are gay

army is gay

gas thread

e: thought this was the new army thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just left the chiropractor... and my back is hosed. She said I am abiut two seconds away from a slipped disc and might need surgery if the issue does go away with PT over the next month. I have two appointments every week for the next month.

GO see an actual doctor. Chiropractor is an unprotected term, and they're all scam artists. Put as much stock in "chiropractor" as you do in "palm reader."

How do people get to be adults and not know this?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Phone posted:

Top Gear sucks and any season past like 13 is garbage. Watch Roadkill instead.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

And our landlord just walked inside our house mid-blunt.

Did he give you 30 days notice?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If this, or something like this, is still available when I get off this deployment in August-ish, I want to buy it straight up

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4961897405.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Already gone.

What? It's been listed and relisted for weeks! Goddamn. Well, it was a cherry, one owner 1976 bay window be bus for $10900 that I've been eyeing.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 5, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Jesus, I don't know how some of you people deal with these expensive rear end phones, you may as well be walking around carelessly with $600 in your pocket. A buddy of mine just got a new iPhone (I guess it's the 6 plus?) and got into a hot tub with it in his pocket. Now it's junk. A month before that he had one in his pocket and leaned too hard against a pool table and bent it, turning it to garbage. The amount of money I see people spending on these phones is mind boggling, especially when they don't have a pot to piss in to begin with (my buddy is a waiter).

I bought a nice used M7 from eBay for $50 to replace my optimus g. Used cheap phone work for me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

T1g4h posted:

You can't anymore. They were a super limited run on the Hoonigan site and at Formula Drift Long Beach. I managed to snag some off their shop Friday but they're not up for sale now. I'll get some pics of the other ones in a bit, they're pretty amusing :v:

Here's all 4 TFATF ones in the pack

Plus a bonus brushed chrome censor bar logo that came with the pack and bonus JUST AIN'T CARE decal that they threw in during shipping.

It should be "Street's closed," not "streets closed."

ENTIRE PACK RUINED

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No picture because I'm not at home, but my fiancee just called me and told me that somebody threw eggs (can't figure out if it's real egg or plastic eggs, she was pretty hysterical) filled with paint all over her street-parked white Ford Explorer. She did say that there was actual egg all over it, too.

She doesn't work on the weekends, and is a pretty big introvert, so she has no clue as to when it happened. Could have been this morning, could have been Friday night.

I know it's just some vandalism, but I'm pretty pissed and wish I could be at home right now for no reason other than to sit in the back porch with a pistol or something. I've had my poo poo vandalized before (broken window and stolen identity information a few months ago on the Beetle, for instance) but not being there makes everything worse. It's like Liam Neeson's daughter in Taken, but with "innocence" in place of "daughter," and "paranoid violence" in place of "a special set of skills."

And before you get on my about how it's "just a rusty 1998 explorer," I take care of my poo poo and the paint was the best part of that damned suv.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I missed cattechat though so gently caress it

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My fiancee reports the paint and egg wouldn't come off until she broke out my special carwash tar remover soap I had. It's the same stuff we use at work to remove road grime from the ambulances, and it's pretty nasty on the vinyl wraps, but it does remove nearly everything.

No pictures (her only device is a 1st gen Nexus 7 and a 2012 Galaxy Note 13.1 with a broken rear camera), but she says the areas the egg was on are now "foggy" and matte instead of shiny. And yeah, apparently they had injected the eggs with orange and blue paint and put a small bit of duct tape over the injection hole.

nm posted:

She probably washed all the wax off it. Claybar followed by wax.

I also have some actual wax, along with some polishes, but I think that's too much for her and I won't be back for a few months. I told her to, when she has time, use some soap/wax combo poo poo I have. It's not great, but if done according to the bottle it works pretty well. And a white car hides nearly anything if given a mild shine. I used it on my beetle after polishing and it turned my paintjob from a "I did this in an afternoon with 14 cans of rustoleum pumpkin orange spray paint" to "I did this over two days with rustoleum roll-on pumpkin orange paint."

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 6, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But be loving careful because some manufacturers have started using the universal "any orientation" carburetors on lawnmowers and they have that thin plastic membrane inside that wires can poke through.

gently caress you no-name <$100 lawnmower!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Sorry about your car man, but this is just too cute! Smokers are all the same (whether it's weed , tobacco, heroin, whatever), thinking "if I just do [x] people won't notice".

n'thing this.

I hate to say it, but if you have smoked within the walls of your dwelling, all of your poo poo smells like weed, including your body if you're even a semi-regular user. Doesn't matter if you make $400k a year at a white-collar CEO job, or if you make $15k a year at mcdonald's in the slums. You all smell.

Weed/Tobacco/Heroin/whatever smokers think they're covering up their smell by doing certain things, but it's like that one kid you had in class with BO who claimed he didn't smell it, or people with cats (I am one myself) - when you're around a smell for even a few hours, your brain/nose shuts off detection of it, and that smell becomes part of your "neutral baseline." You ain't fooling anybody but yourself.

Sorry, man. It's the same with my litterbox, or your great aunt's cigarettes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thinking you don't stank of weed is like thinking your parents didn't know when you masturbated.

Trust me, the only reason people (/your parents) didn't call you out on it is because it would have been awkward.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only reason I am packing this thing two days early is so I have a desk-like space to play Morrowind on.

Kind of a weird thing to ask, and I refer to STR as he seems to be the most experienced at cheesing cellphone data:

While I'm here at Bliss my phone has nearly no signal (sprint). It's an HTC M7. I do have very expensive internet through the local WiFi, but it supports one device only and I've tired MAC spoofing on my phone and that didn't work, so I have internet only on my SP3. Is there any way to do some sort of reverse usb tethering to my phone? It's rooted running whatever nightly of cyanogenmod (currently 12-20150404-NIGHTLY-m7spr) available.

I just have a few apps I want to download and set up, plus some other home automation things I have set that work only through my phone, as I was too lazy to set up things properly before being rushed on this deployment (they called me on a wednesday asking if I could leave the following monday).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's my surface pro 3. I unfortunately can't seem to create a hotspot with it while still connected to WiFi - I'd need a USB wifi adapter that supports host mode to do that.

I tried the reverse tether option, but the only way that works on Lollipop is to install the Xposed framework, but that's not supported on 5.0/5.1 through the OS. I'd have to install an alpha version of Xposed through the recovery bootloader, but the CM recovery I have only supports system update installs, not just normal package installs. It's crazy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The description of that is that it's a tethering app. I want to reverse tether?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every single one of you retard fuckers that said anything along the lines of "Watch F&F7 it's self-aware and self-referential and is so bad it's good" are goddamned idiots.

The last movie I walked out of was Meet the Fokkers. I should have walked out of this one. The only reason I stayed was because it's the only building on post with functioning AC

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cage posted:

I liked you more when you were the guy that just printed neat little jack stands. You're the first person that didn't have anything good to say about the movie.

The last one I watched was Tokyo Drift so my opinion may not be "valid" or whatever. Even though I was in the theater by myself (1300 on a wednesday at ft bliss - there was nobody) I couldn't stop cringing. Everything was so bad it was bad, not so bad it was good. I'm convinced all of you said it was good to convince me to waste an afternoon in the greatest troll ever.

Well, there was that one part where a type IV ambo drove onto the fakeshit "drone," that was pretty cool. And it was the best send-off I've seen for a deceased actor. But I don't care about the actor himself and I guess the film just didn't catch. Oh well.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

WHY HAVE YOU NOT GONE TO CHICOS TAOCS YET?! I mean, I know it's a love it or hate it, but if you hate it, you're not far from some of the best Mexican food in the country. L&J Cafe is loving awesome, by far the best Mexican food I've had in a restaurant, and right next to Concordia Cemetery (so lots of history if you're into that). If you have to stick close to base, Kiki's has been on Food Network multiple times - it's almost as good, but the atmosphere is full of newspaper articles and poo poo about how awesome they are, which kinda gets annoying.

Not allowed off post during premob :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Not as strong as gravity is :v:

Get well man.

IOC, that's what I was hoping. They said valium, milk of amnesia, and then the next thing I'll know is what the recovery room looks like. Off to surgery now.

Ah, propofol, it or milk of the poppy. Love giving that poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Nah it's cool. We all have an unhappy woman in our past.

Fixed for STR and CSB?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've had local anesthesia for biopsies, tests, scopes and other poo poo I'd guess at least 30 times now. I never remember anything and always wake up feeling pretty decent. Local is pretty decent for knocking you out enough you don't have to deal with it but not leaving you hosed up too badly afterwards. I'm usually ready to go get some food within an hour or less of waking up. General anesthesia on the other hand tends to gently caress with the body a bit more, I always felt like poo poo for several hours afterwards especially for longer operations.

I've always brought lunch to work and think I've eaten from the on site cafeteria once (breakfast) in the last almost 6 years. Germany on the other hand I ate at the cafe for lunch every day because the food was really good and the portions were massive. Then I'd go out to dinner every night. The hotel I was at also had excellent breakfasts. I ate so much food over there, if it was anyone else they would have come back at least 20lb heavier I swear.

I feel bad for laughing but my brother's wife is ballooning up at a pretty unhealthy rate because all she does is sleep, watch movies and eat lovely food. She constantly gives me poo poo about my diet (lots of meat, milk, potatoes), tracking my calories and working out. I feel really bad because it's starting to really bug my brother and wear on him, he's visibly unhappy with things but is afraid to say anything. Not a good situation, poor fool.

Looks like the cable modem is going on lock down again. Already used almost half my monthly budget and we're 1/3 of the way through. That and her sitting up until 4am watching movies (waking me up) then sleeping all day.

Local anesthesia refers to a specific body part, and specifically is a type of anesthesia that doesn't affect consciousness.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm in atlanta, and just learned the unit I'm going to (deploying to) doesn't even loving know I'm coming yet. I just texted the commander (it's a small, 20 person unit) and she was surprised! WTF army

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So driving through campus after work there was a group of people at the bus stop next to a giant puddle. They saw me coming and backed up. I barreled through anyways and sprayed the poo poo outta them. Made my day.

In Norway that's a loss of license, and drat near a felony. You're a douchebag. Cars come with a pedal that slows them down so you don't splash people.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Soda chat: I usually just drink water but recently started having one soda/juice a day. I like the flavor and the calories are helpful in my case but I did see a pretty immediate effect on my midsection. Doubt I'll be drinking it for long...I'll stick with water, beer and liquor.

That's better.

I have nothing else to do here in Cuba. Give me paint ideas.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Arriviste posted:

Plains Indian war pony paint (something I've decided I'd like to do on an eventual beater/project car or truck.)

I'm googling this, and am confused

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Our Graphic Designer at work has hit the Windows File/Folder Character Limit, and is understandably cross that he can no longer copy/rename his files in his very nested folder structure :doh:

Teach that bitch about shadowlinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
http://m.imgur.com/a/RFtiF

• Locked thread