Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Did they go into someone's unlocked apartment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

*edit* staying out of the stupid smoke debate. The real solution is ez, get hash oil vape pen cartridges and never worry about the smell!

:getin:

too bad they're not getting cheaper faster, cause these things are the best

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

These are the 2 places that I tend to visit:

http://docksidecannabis.com/

http://www.oceangreensseattle.com/

I guess its not insane compared to street prices in other parts of the country, but prices here have always been super low so its more expensive than it would be from a dealer.

Which store are you buying vape cartridges from? That was a good price you mentioned earlier

How's your pup doing?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

can someone please explain why husky and golden retrievers are not on my apartments restricted list but Labrador retrievers are?

almost all apartment and rental rules about dogs are 100% arbitrary bullshit. as if small dogs dont poo poo, piss and bark like loving maniacs, but its okay cause you're under some sort of weight limit that has no basis in reality

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
My father in law gifted me with his year-old craftsman 22" mower! All it needs is an oil change

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
do we have an official AI GTA5 steam group?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

My friends took their car to WM for an oil change and after waiting for two hours they were told the car had a cracked oil pack and they couldn't change the oil. They brought it to my place and I crawled underneath to find the pan crunched and scraped. They'd owned this car for 4 years and had never been told the pan was damaged so we assume the WM techs did something.

on the other hand, there's plenty of people who scrape the poo poo out of their cars and never ever pause to think about what kind of repercussions it could have.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

For most people I would agree. Not with this couple though.

right, and thats why they were dumb enough to go to walmart for an oil change

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

It's not. Your income is taxed. If you have a mortgage, you then have to pay property taxes. The mortgage credit just makes it so that you don't have to pay tax on your tax.

It is absolutely a handout, and it only further encourages people to buy bigger houses with higher amounts of interest paid, because its all tax deductible. Almost all of the benefits go to households earning over 100k.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Cite your sources, because that is idiotic logic.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richard...n-people-think/

It costs the government 70B a year to continue the MIT deduction.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3948

quote:

The main reason is that the bulk of its benefits go to higher-income households who generally could afford a home without assistance: in 2012, 77 percent of the benefits went to homeowners with incomes above $100,000.

http://old.seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2025532095_zillowqandaxml.html

quote:

If the federal government capped the deduction at $25,000 per household, according to Zillow’s calculations, the 100 hardest-hit ZIP codes would be ones with an average home value of $865,241 and an average square footage 27 percent larger than the surrounding metro area.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah it's definitely less of a "i'll buy a big house cause i can write more of it off" and more like "i can afford so much more mcmansion than i thought! :downs:"

enough of this derail!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

That might just be the most idiotic stat ever.
If you cap deductions at, x, the worst hit zip codes are the ones with the largest deviation from x.
HOLY poo poo THE MATH THAT MUST TAKE.

And yes. Interest deductions reduce the net cost of houses. But it doesn't reduce it below the sticker price, it just reduces how much beyond the sticker price you end up paying.

If you can afford an 800k home, you can afford to pay taxes on more of your income. it gives scale to how immense these giveaways are.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

T1g4h posted:

We have a Social Club Crew. There's also the AI Steam Group. I'd recommend joining the Social Club crew and friending people, more likely to get matched into freeroam with AI guys that way.

I'm in, bravestulysses

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sigma X posted:

My friend and coworker, who I've known for 8 years at this point, switched from smoking to vaping about two weeks ago. I don't know what a "normal" amount of vaping is, but I know she's taking 5-8 long pulls about every 8-10 minutes at this point.

Ugh :barf:

I can see how vaping tobacco might be good for people who want to quit cigarettes or chewing products but then there's probably 2x as many people who do this and are basically doubling down on their addictions.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

angryhampster posted:

Started The Killing yesterday on Netflix. This is pretty drat good.

you'll regret this decision, first season was bad, second was worse and the 3rd and fourth are barely redeeming enough to bother for those (me) foolish enough to have suffered through the first two seasons.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Called every junkyard near me and there is not one single Cobalt amongst then. I figured they'd be lousy with 'em. Time to overpay on eBay so I can pass inspection, yay.

row52.com buddy, use it!

Tusen Takk posted:

For anyone that says Michigan is a hellhole I would counter that our lack of poisonous flora and fauna, destructive weather, earthquakes, and abundance of fresh water make up for the misery of snow six months out of the year

nothing makes up for living in michigan dude, don't lie.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

You do realize he has an account here right?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

I really really hate swype. Sorry.

swiftkey is better, imo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Food poisoning sounds like. Hydrate and if it gets worse, seek medical attention.

so much for that "sick days are for pussies" poo poo from a month or two ago

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fo3 posted:

Get some perspective, it's self described as a cramp. Not a permanent or constant thing.

I saw fireball today for the first time, it's $50. What's special about it?

It's gross and meant for babbys first binge, that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

I just heard back from Dassault: I got the internship :getin:

I've been to their facility in Charlotte and it was ok, but man do I ever hate DELMIA. I'm not sure if many companies use it though.

• Locked thread