Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Best Cattes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FYI, there is an iRacing thread in Games where a few of us vidya gaem players SERIOUS DRIVING SIMULATOR ENTHUSIASTS hang out.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If it cleans anything, though, it'd get as far as the fuel system and no more. Maaaaybe it might act a bit like seafoam and take some carbon off the back of the intake valve. But once it gets burned and dumped out the exhaust, I don't see it doing anything to the cat that regular exhaust doesn't already do.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ilkhan posted:

Didn't you already have a viper?

Yeah, but it windowed the block and while Dodge fixed it, they're also buying it back under the lemon law and giving him one that hasn't been used as a dealership boom box.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

My dad loves NASCAR, so I've watched it with him plenty. It's ok, but I just prefer racing with turns in both directions. Also I can never forgive NASCAR for being completely unable to figure out what rain tires are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funydo99Q5Y

Although the reality is I don't think it's possible to make a rain tire that survives oval forces.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Just like this from Saturday we had a little block party/Easter egg hunt for all of the kids and it was a laugh riot. Being able to see life from the perspective of my daughter brought up a lot of emotion for me in this little video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNP7HwGfUVQ

Yup, I need to buy a non-helmet-based mount for my Gopro to stick on my kid. I've got a little bit of video from sticking it on her helmet while she tried a scooter (and quickly decided she'd rather try to climb a tree) and it's just the cutest poo poo.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryhampster posted:

Anyone else watching Better Call Saul?

"And that's a Chicago Sunroof."

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

I saw the first two episodes and it didn't really grab me much. Glad to hear the seasons over with so that I can binge and give it another shot.

It would probably work better that way. It is a bit slow out of the gate but it does pick up nicely. I'm honestly just as glad, maybe even moreso, to see Mike show up as a major character here and get a proper backstory.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

T1g4h posted:

That was an awesome first season. I'm genuinely excited for more now, Bob Odenkirk is a fantastic actor.

I do love him too, but I will say that it feels like the flashbacks to "Slippin' Jimmy" are a bit awkward because he actually manages to look younger in the series' present-time than he does back then.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Well, just had my last glass of water and snack before my fasting has to start for surgery. Just a simple knee surgery but I'm honestly loving nervous, mostly about the goddamn tube going down my throat.

Oh well, too late now. 1030 show and 1230 under the knife tomorrow :v:

If you're like me, you won't be remotely awake for the intubation. I had a hernia repair a few years back and I distinctly remember the initial injections as they wheeled me off, getting transferred from the gurney to the table, and then a warning of "okay, this one might burn a little...". I started to say "more than a little" but I was blacked out by halfway through "than".

Woke up a few hours later groggy as gently caress and yelling very loudly about a very painful reaction my skin had with the drat disinfectant.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

IOC, that's what I was hoping. They said valium, milk of amnesia, and then the next thing I'll know is what the recovery room looks like. Off to surgery now.

I came out of anesthesia so slowly I couldn't tell you a drat thing about it. Honestly, they probably should've kept me longer for observation instead of sending me home with my very-pregnant wife.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nah, after I got done yelling about how my skin was burning like hell (I seriously ended up with what was basically a really loving bad sunburn from betadine) I mostly was just passing back out and breathing really poorly.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I am so jealous of you :bahgawd: General and the painkillers they gave me afterwards made me absofuckinglutely useless for drat near a week.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

LobsterboyX posted:

Hey guys, remember me?

I was wondering where you'd hosed off to. Welcome back :cheers:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Baller Witness Bro posted:

I found out the idiot way that fix a flat royally fucks up tire balance on the highway so I took my car over to Discount Tire to see if they could balance it out. They took the tire off the wheel, cleaned out the fix a flat and the bead so it sealed properly, balanced all four and charged me 20 bucks. The guy even told me if I come back he'd just charge me the difference between a one time balance and a lifetime balance if I wanted it.

Can't say enough good things about those dudes really.

The only gripe I've ever had about Discount is that their pricing used to be a lot higher than Tirerack, but they've been much more aggressive the past few years. By the time you add in shipping and mounting, the only reason I have to go anywhere but Discount is if I really want a tire they don't carry at all.

There's a reason every single Discount in metro Phoenix has a line at the counter, all day every day.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

PaintVagrant posted:

Bummer you can't buy a CR-V without a cvt. I assume a K24 model would be a bulletproof mom car for as long as you wanted to keep it.

e: not that Moms don't like CVTs, but I am still not sold on their long term reliability

Until the 2015, a K24 and a traditional five speed Hondamatic is exactly what the CRV came with. And yes it is a huge part of why I have one. 48k in just under two years and I have yet to get so much as a single hiccup from it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

Like they will care anyway, people that want to work on cars are already an endangered species

Seriously. Spent a few hours blasting down the freeway with my old man in his C63, and as our conversations invariably do, it turned to whatever poo poo we've been doing on our cars. I mentioned doing a fairly straightforward ATF change on my WJ, and he comes back with what he had to do to change the ATF in the C63:

That's right, instead of a funnel you now need a special tool to fill the loving transmission. At least it's one you can fabricate since it's basically the same principle as a DIY pressure bleeder for brakes, but this is still the way things are going.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

So simulator chat...I may have just bought this. Now I need to figure out how the hell I'm getting it here (1000 miles away) in one piece.

Anyone looking for a Logitech G27?

iRacing screenshot is not the BMW Z4, IMMERSION RUINED.

In all honesty that's kinda genius. How is it all rigged up to work?

How much of a pain is shipping the G27? :v: Annoyed at myself for not getting in on the ones that went for $150 new on Slickdeals a week or so ago.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

AI Chat Thread: Inspect Your Gadgets Defend Your Purchase

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bajaha posted:

My Baja project might very well be the reason I get this job.

Who says project cars aren't investments?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

This is why I never play games of chance for anything of value.

89 coming out of Jerome almost did this to me once. Got stuck in a loooong line behind a jackass who wouldn't pull over for anyone and was going 10-20 under the limit. As soon as the road opened up probably 10 cars passed him, including me.

A mile later, one of the folks who had passed him ahead of us was on the side of the road with a cop.

Handyman-type question: What do you guys like for lubricating door locks on houses? I keep using dry graphite and it seems to last a shorter and shorter amount of time every time I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CharlesM posted:

Do what IOC does and use a TI89?

This is an accurate post.

• Locked thread