Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Please explain the process by which a lizard cleans it's chin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I guess if you let her back into the wild she'd be kinda hosed then huh? Way to go, chief.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Bearded Dragons are native to Australia. I live in the Southern US.

That doesn't really matter, sorry. She's still going to show up to class with strawberry all over her face and everyone is going to laugh at her. Is it too late to start having her do part of the cleanup herself? Once she can clean the whole face she should be ready for release.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
BRB I'm going to Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdvSBd0pQZA

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Dogter Seuss

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
There are probably a ton of Salt Lakes but Salt Lake is on the way to California.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Weed smoke only lingers around for a short time. We smoke 2+ blunts a day in the living room and it never smells in the morning.

YEAH BECAUSE YOUR NOSE IS ALREADY FULL OF THE DEVILS LETTUCE

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Yep, and it has a hole in the base and one on top. Cleaned those out and same. I'm really wondering if it's just not getting fuel into the bowl. I know the line flows, and I know the jets are clean. But the plug has nothing on it, and it never even tries to catch. Is there a trick to actually getting that bowl off without ruining it?

Edit: thinking about it, that almost has to be the issue. Removing that bolt never results in any fuel leaking out of it.

Once you buy a 'just-in-case' spare part it'll come off no problem!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Powershift posted:

Thanks, rock auto!

My last order from Rock Auto had 6 air filters, in a box that could hold at least 20.

Amazon also seems to do a super lovely job of fitting the item to the correct box. I know I can't really complain about waste since I'm the rear end in a top hat doing all of the ordering, but I swear everything I order not only comes alone in a box, but the box is almost always comically large compared to the item.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Distribute water.

No, seriously, it's a fancy way of saying i'm now officially and properly licensed to work on and maintain a water system. It just translates into me now earning $10 an hour at my job because I have all the proper certs :v:

vvv Pretty much! I'm the Hank Hill of water systems.

Do you do fish tanks? I have a dirty fish tank.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
It should be backwards because Labs fuckin rule and huskies are spazzy weirdos with 14 foot long white hair that sticks to everything.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
They are dogs for people that stay active. You can't have a good husky AND sit on the couch all day. Luckily, I think most of us in here aren't in the 'sits-all-day' category!

Except for me.. at work..

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

Anyone have a carfax to burn? Someone wants me to run a vin report on my ONE OWNER CAR WITH NO ACCIDENTS for them even though I'm not the one buying the thing. sigh.

There's a guy selling them on SA-mart, ends tomorrow though:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699833

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I wanna work on my dumb truck but I gotta be at dumb work :(

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Instead of looking for a tire shop look for a Llantera!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
The moral of the story is if you're going to Wal-Mart for an oil change make sure you have a skid plate over the pan.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Just have the dog a none-too-gentle nudge with the foot (sorry animal lovers) because he deliberately rolled a football under my feet as I was walking an uneven path, carrying a heavy basket with no view of my feet. If I'd have gone over I'd have been off work for months knowing my luck. As it was I've :airquote: only :airquote: jarred my back.

Cue wife shouting at me about kicking the dog, no loving concern for the sole breadwinner or his spine.

And we're looking after the in-laws dumb untrained poorly behaved golden retriever next week as well, funny how I had no say in that but when we go away we pay for a kennel. I might be working overtime next week.

If you ever kick a dog again I'll loving kill you

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
To be clear - I was just joking so you don't need to worry about me killing you or anything.

Dogs are durable and derpy, he's forgotten all about it already. It's your wife that will remember it til the day you die.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Can't you just kick it like you do with your other dog?

Can you put the daughter in a kennel maybe?

Seriously, the best thing that YOU can do is make sure your daughter knows to stay out of the dogs way. If it's an old dog and your parents don't have a problem with it, it's pretty unlikely to change it's opinions on personal space. It sounds like it's just walking into her?

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 15, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
gently caress yes I knew that :smug:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

T-Square posted:

So I just saw a Fisker Karma on my way home a few minutes ago, and I just realized: I haven't seen one of those, let alone heard the name Fisker, in at least a year or so. Did they just drop off the face of the earth? Did they get shoved out of the way by Tesla or something?

Some old dude crashed his fisker into the Ferrari dealership here in san Diego a couple months ago. Drove it right into the corner of the building.

Karma goes both ways I guess.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Star trek is better anway.

:stare:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I need to know how you identified the instrument as a piccolo.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Calling people about the Caprice that they're selling makes me feel so old.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

God I hate TV stands. But I rent, so I don't exactly want to make holes in his walls.

Being a renter is a reason TO put holes in the walls. Why on earth would you put holes in your own walls?

We are renters and we wall-mounted our TV, built a work bench into the dining room, and had a fish tank hanging on the wall for a while. I don't see any reason it'll cause any issues as long as I patch and paint before I leave.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

Currently Im at a moral crossroads.

After having a less than productive day at work and failing an ASE test. (motherfucker was nothing like the million practice tests my job has been supplying me with.) Im feeeling pretty low. And decided to go get some food for dinner on the way home.
Only having about 25 bucks on my card till friday plus the ten in my wallet, im being frugal and only grab some chicken thighs to cook. Cost about 6.40 something.
So I go to the self checkout thingies with chicken and scan it, have it register, and throw in the two 5's i had in my wallet. Next thing i know I get my two 5's spat back at me through where you get your change, plus the change i woulda got from my ten, along with a printed receipt that says paid. So im standing around looking obviously confused and dumb trying to see if anyone is around, no one is, I say gently caress it, grab my ten bucks back and my change and the chicken and leave without anyone so much as batting a glance.
I should at this point mention that I shop at this place nearly every day and have always been an honest and loyal customer thus far but i mean, if a teller gives you extra change back you feel bad for them thinking they will be short later on and get in trouble or whatever, but a machine? Im like gently caress it.

Thoughts?

Go buy something after payday and give them $10 extra?

I'm a monster so I'd keep it and I wouldn't feel bad at all.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Now you gotta grow that stuff forever to feed his habit :(

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You ever notice how people that don't use smart phones just loving love to tell you how much they don't need them?

Yeah, I know you're better than me, shut up about it.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

he remembers delivering the headphones on Monday

Really? Dude delivers a lot of mail in a day.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Or maybe you have a cat that you could trip over while looking?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Wait WTF - Fireball is NOT $50 for a bottle, it should be around $20 max. And if you haven't blown all your money on rent day then you haven't lived.

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 30, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Slow is Fast posted:

this is a v good catte

A+ loaf

Agreed - top loaf skills on this impressive orange tabby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Lots of good news today! I got a raise about 30 minutes ago, and it's retroactive to January 1st so my next paycheck is going to be suh-weet!

Sorry about the girl adiabatic, did you at least get a raise?

• Locked thread