Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Oh poo poo a new Sheep Game just appeared! Follow the sheep in the truck to find the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Let's see, today my new front control arms and RTABs are stuck in customs hell, the tool I rented that will make the RTAB removal a 3 minute job instead of a 3 hour job got returned to sender, scuppering plans to do the job this weekend, my summer wheels were balanced with the wrong loving weights again and it's snowing.

But I did take the day off to watch opening day baseball, so there's that.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

10 days to go to submit your entries for the Sheep Game, ladies and gentlemen; they've been a bit on the slow side this time around - understandable considering the holiday weekend, but at the same time I'll be damned if we, the irl cool dudes forum, let the loving Sportsball enthusiasts thoroughly beat us in terms of participation - they get 80-100 players in their Sheep Games, sometimes more!

Come play today! Or tomorrow! Or whenever before April 18th!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Been watching a baseball game for 7 hours now, please send help

E: is this what it's like watching cricket?

MrChips fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 11, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Das Volk posted:

Are you hammered on Pimm's Cup?

Nope; I guess it isn't like watching cricket after all.

I ran out of beer in the 16th too :mad:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

No, because cricket at least gets entertaining now and then.

Once every 250 years doesn't count :v:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tommychu posted:

Now imagine that every single waffle house ever was also a truck stop (whose gasoline has absurd amounts of ethanol- I recently measured 22% on a fuel sold as 'up to 15%') and you've pretty much got it. Our Husky is in a spot that's not particularly seedy though, we've got a couple other spots that pick that niche up.

Just one, on Barlow and 32nd.

Then there's Nellie's, which I used to love until I found out they seasoned their food with mice, dead and/or alive, assorted :barf:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I'm not super keen on chubby girls if I'm honest. I prefer them brunette, 5'3"-5'7", petite and/or athletic. You know the type ...when you look at her and wonder if she approaches sex like it's a competitive sport (spoiler alert: they usually do :swoon:)

T-Square posted:

My dad got a big rear end box full of lovely old Hell's Angels/car racing/knock-off Easy Rider type DVDs and VHS tapes from an old friend of his brother, and he let me pick through them.

"Meh."
"Lame."
"Oh, Jackass 2, neat"
"Ha, what, Gary Busey?"
"Eh."
"Holy gently caress, Grand Prix!"

I'd always heard you guys raving about this and have never been able to find it, nor had I ever seen it so I was pretty pumped to score a two-disc DVD set with special features and poo poo. Had a bit of Woodford Reserve and watched up until the "Intermission." My inner hardcore Formula 1 nerd is quite pleased at the moment.

Grand Prix is such a solid movie, I need to watch it again sometime. That and Apollo 13, The Right Stuff and Battle of Britain. I sense a moviefest coming on...

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

5 days left to get your Sheep Game entries in! Participation has been on the low side for this one...the more people we have in the game, the better the results. As it is right now, with 26 players, we don't really have enough for the game to work properly - we need at least 40 for that.

Come play today! It only hurts for a second!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Stop tempting me to buy this loving game you assholes; I have neither the time, the hard drive space nor the money to build a new gaming rig for this! :argh:

kastein posted:

Smrt stuff

I can't believe I missed this post, but I've to to say that everything you said is very important indeed. In addition to all that, something I personally value in the women I date is intelligence. Sure, dating a really hot but really dumb girl is a lot of fun short-term, but when you're sitting down for a meal and half the stuff you say goes over her head, that's not going to help your long-term prospects with me. This is where Cards Against Humanity is a seriously good tool for judging people; if I have to spend an inordinate amount of time explaining the joke, I don't know what else to say. On a semi-related note, I want someone who isn't afraid to make their opinions known; now, that's not to say I want to date a total nag, but don't be afraid to call me out if I need it...god only knows I need it a lot :v:.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 14, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Now I'm out to dinner with my family and the have Delirium Tremens in bottles and I'm having another beer called Belzebuth at 13%ABV

Well you found it, my favourite beer of all time. DT is the best.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, playoff hockey starts tonight! gently caress you, liver. And Nashville fans.

Edit: who am I kidding no one is a fan of Nashville

Why do you have to drink so much...is it to dull the pain when you inevitably realise you're watching a hockey game?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Or a garage with a tv. And beer fridge.

Okay so mostly I just watch tv and drink in the garage. Turn a power tool on every now and then so the wife stays out.

Truth. Any garage should have a TV, computer and fridge. In fact I'm garageposting right now, with a beer in hand and a ball game on the TV. At some point, I may or may not vaccum out my car too!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

Baseball is literally watching the grass grow

Hockey is watching a bunch of manchildren chase a piece of frozen cow poo poo around a pond

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Guys, I'm all in. If they call my bluff I want you to know I love you all. I'll see you on the other side.

I'm getting meat sweats just thinking about this.

E: it's top sirloin...hope you enjoy eating a pound of gristle :barf:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Cat Terrist posted:

I'll agree with the Thrawn trilogy and it certainly kick started Star Wars popularity once again quite rightly - but Jedi Search? gently caress NO, that was awful!

I guess "I, Jedi" isnt too bad and Rouge Squdron had some readable stuff. However Anything by Kevin J Anderson isnt worth wiping my rear end with, poo poo like the Sun Crusher was an insult to the intelligence.

You have to admit, Darksaber was so bad it was entertaining in its own way. "We want you to build us a Death Star, but we don't have very much money..."

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Just one day left to get your Sheep Game entries in! Since the last update, I've had a number of entries so we're up to 39 players. Like I've said time and again, the more entries we have, the better and more hilarious the results!

Come play today! Tastes like chicken!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

T-Square posted:

Is anyone playing The Long Dark at all? I just got loving screwed super early on after I had to start a new play-through <:mad:>

I've played it some. Don't stay in one spot too long unless you're somewhere central, as the resources aren't enough to keep you alive for long. The ranger hut in the first map is a pretty decent spot for a permanent base. Don't fight wolves unless you need to, and unless you have a rifle you probably shouldn't fight them at all. That said, hunting and trapping is pretty much the best way to get food in the game; I haven't messed around with fishing so I have no idea about that.

Oh yeah; don't get complacent, because that will kill you.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

My wife makes me hang out with her best friend's husband. I can't loving stand the guy, she told me he was a pilot, but apparently he got his licence purely to fly for Air Canada but then didn't get the job so went PR or secretary or some poo poo instead. Turns out he did it not because he likes flying (I could respect that, trying to do something you love as a career) but because he heard the money was good.

Hahahaha...haha...ha...:smith:

If you're getting into professional flying for the money, you've probably got more brain damage than Viggen. I can't think of a job that is as stressful, demanding and at the same time so utterly underpaid as a commercial pilot, and I'm not just saying that because I am one. It's a pretty rough existence for like the first ten years of your career, and after that the pay only goes from "insultingly bad" to "barely tolerable". The things that just about all of you take for granted, like being home every weeknight, having a normal schedule that is conducive to normal relationships and sleep patterns, not being one doctor's visit from a permanent end to your career and many other things is frankly something I am envious of you all. Again, if the pay was reasonable it would be one thing, but since it isn't...

If I knew what this was going to be like before I embarked on this career path, I would have never even considered it.

kastein posted:

I don't know why we actually have commercial pilots.

Because in spite of what Silicon Valley tries to ram down our throats on a daily basis, computers are not ready to fly a commercial aircraft autonomously. Even if they are ready one day, it's going to take a huge change in attitude from from the public before it becomes acceptable.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

kastein posted:

Whoops, sorry, I am not saying that you guys could be replaced by computers. What I meant was "I dunno why anyone capable of flying a commercial airliner actually puts up with the poo poo pay and horrible hours/stress to do so". I would become a pilot for a corp jet or ultra rich eccentric with his own fleet in a second, but flying cattle cars around in the sky full of ornery passengers and getting poo poo on by the company for it while they dick you over pay wise? Fuuuuuck no. You have my undying respect for actually sticking to that because I don't think I would ever make it keep working.

Made an assumption, sorry about that. It's a classic Catch-22; you can't be a professional pilot if you're mentally ill, but you have to be mentally ill to be a professional pilot.

The Locator posted:

^^ This, a thousand times. The only possible reason I can see to do it is simply the love of flight.

The love of flight doesn't put food on the table I'm afraid. Also that love dies a quick death in this business...everything is so heavily scripted from the time you sign in until the time you leave that it can hardly be called flying anymore.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 25, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Internet speedchat:

This cost $66/month (including tax) here in Canada. Because our telco market is worse than anywhere else in the world save Mexico.

Oh I should also mention that it's 250 GB/month as well. If I want unlimited data, that's another $31/month because I'm not a TV customer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

I just heard back from Dassault: I got the internship :getin:

As in this Dassault?

• Locked thread