Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

About to shower and head to the theater. I'm literally crackling with an anticipation that borders on sexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

There are no words to describe that experience. What an absolute adrenaline shot of a movie, and what a beautiful tribute to Walker. I got a little choked up and misty eyed.

Coming out of the theater, heard some dude talking about the ending, who said: "Uhh yeah I guess the ending was nice, I just thought it was a little much, you know?" gently caress you, random dude. You thought the tribute and eulogy to one of the leads, who tragically died IRL, was a bit much? Ughh.

Edit: Iggy Azalea cameo was the one negative about the movie, and not even because I dislike Iggy Azalea, I kind of like her and most of her music. It was just terribly out of place and her acting on what amounted to one line was somehow terrrrrible.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

GraPar posted:

I feel like Paul Walker's ability to do great hand-to-hand combat scenes is/was totally underrated - in both his fight scenes in this film he manages to pull off the incredible feat of making it look not insane that he could beat Tony Jaa, and in Fast Six his prison sub-plot is a little bit tedious, but totally made up for by the excellent many-against-one prison cell fight scene.

It's also always stuck out how much more visibly competent and well-trained he is with firearms than the other actors in the F&F series (and most actors in general). Initially I sort of assumed that was part of his characterization as the ex-cop character, but you see it in his other movies too. Dude seemed like he took all the combat aspects of his acting super seriously, or maybe he was just into that kind of stuff in his personal life.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Why didn't Dom slowly descend the towers by just jumping from one to the other, turning around, and jumping back into the tower he just came from

The brakes went out after the first jump, hence Dom going "NO BRAKES" at an increasingly alarmed Brian and proceeding to accelerate

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Scott Eastwood is one of the most handsome dudes I think I've ever seen but hoo he's been a terrible actor in everything I've seen him in (like, two things)

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

There's been rumors since 6 that Rock and Vin don't really get along, but they've both publicly refuted them before. It's pretty out of character for Rock to go off the reservation like that though, I'd think it'd have to be someone comparable to him to actually get under his skin, so I'm guessing it's Vin.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The Rock is great but this is honestly super weird and if it's gonna gently caress up production I'd rather see him and his character gone in future movies. He was already barely in 7

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Gatts posted:

The Rock is a driven high octane dude who works hard and has an ego with jokes of being cocaine fueled while Vin seems more like a laid back geeky nerdy dude who can take it easy and the Rock had higher expectations of him so maybe they didn't click.

This is how it's seemed to me. Diesel does things a certain way that probably comes across as unprofessional in most environments but is probably fine with F&F because he's top dog, producer, he's been there forever, and everybody's so tight it's just like "yeah, that's just how he is". Pair that with the Rock who's such an insane regimented professional, used to being big man on campus, and probably (rightfully) feels like he now has just as much importance to this franchise's success owing to his box office draw, there's bound to be tension. And that's all on top of it being two swole alpha-male dudes who aren't going to bend to one another in the first place

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah but that's definitely not true.

I mean, it very well might be as it regards to whatever made him enemy of the state prior to FF7. But he did definitely murder Han. So

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Well this is getting pretty ugly

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Scott Eastwood has like, negative charisma. Dude is a black hole of anti-screen presence. Which is a shame because he's crazy handsome but good lord I've seen soap actors who can read a line better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

gently caress yes Justin Lin

• Locked thread